Sign in to follow this  
morty

Straw poll

I''m sure this has been done to death a hundred times before, and will no doubt cause petty and childish arguments, but just a quick poll on whether you''re ''Hughton in'' or ''Hughton out''.

In a more original twist though, state THREE reasons for your opinion

Out.

1. Uber defensive.

2. Unexciting.

3. No real ''conection'' with fan base.

For the record, I''m Hughton out; here''s my three reasons:-

1) Judging by team selection and tactics, he is clearly satisfied to settle for a draw at most, if not all, our away games,

2) Man management. Yes, the players can be at fault for poor performances and rightly so, but how many times last season and indeed against Hull do the players just not look as though they''re ''up for it''. We''ve moved on from Paul Lambert but we always looked capable of beating anyone during his era, and in my opinion, the players thought that too.

3) ''Little Norwich''. All managers praise the opposition''s strengths, and yes, Hughton is a nice guy, but most of the time he''s building up the opposition''s part both before and after the game. I''ve read his comments for the Bury game where he''s claiming it will be a tough game. It may well be but we''re a Premier League side and should not convey any doubts. How must some of the players feel that their manager has doubts over their ability to beat a League Two side?!

I''m already bored with talking about it after the loss of just one game.Good luck with your thread though[Y]

For christ sake,

If you want to watch exciting football, stop ''supporting'' Norwich City and follow teams that are run by Ian Holloway or watch La Liga on a Saturday evening.

If you want to ''support'' and want what is best for Norwich City Football Club then get behind Hughton, the man who took us to our highest finish in 2 decades.

Cant believe this is even being discussed.

In1. He''s not even had one game where he can field any where near a full strength side.2. He is not a defensive manager, merely one who insists on having a good defence.3. His record is of creating teams that score goals, it will be the same here as the midfield improves.

In short he needs time.

In

- good performance/result against Everton

- way too late in the window to sack a manager

- neither games so far have had a full strength squad

- if we win Saturday all this will be forgotten which proves how ridiculous it is

[quote user="CDMullins"]For christ sake, If you want to watch exciting football, stop ''supporting'' Norwich City and follow teams that are run by Ian Holloway or watch La Liga on a Saturday evening. If you want to ''support'' and want what is best for Norwich City Football Club then get behind Hughton, the man who took us to our highest finish in 2 decades. Cant believe this is even being discussed.[/quote]

Its called a forum so deal with it...............and keep on topic please.[:@]

Should we sack our manager after TWO games and ONE loss??

Nothing worth discussing

Do bore off, you odious cretin

[quote user="CDMullins"]Should we sack our manager after TWO games and ONE loss?? Nothing worth discussing Do bore off, you odious cretin[/quote]

WOW! [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Should we sack our manager after TWO games and ONE loss?? Nothing worth discussing Do bore off, you odious cretin[/quote]

WOW! [:D]

[/quote]There you go, you got the reaction you wanted.Well done.

Personally, I can''t go along with this at all and should imagine that such thinkig is a million miles adrift from that of the Board.

If fact, I find it mildly embarrassing, but not unjustified if that''s how some feel about the man who, above all odds IMO, manoeuvred a situation whereby the Club has never been so affluent ... as was shown by our brilliant transfer activity in the Summer.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Personally, I can''t go along with this at all and should imagine that such thinkig is a million miles adrift from that of the Board.

If fact, I find it mildly embarrassing, but not unjustified if that''s how some feel about the man who, above all odds IMO, manoeuvred a situation whereby the Club has never been so affluent ... as was shown by our brilliant transfer activity in the Summer.[/quote]

Agree with you and CDM.

Quality manager here for the long haul and transitioning our club into aPremier League one.

Not perfect. Will make mistakes. Is developing a quality squad.

I genuinely believe that in a year of so we willview threads like this with cringing embarrassment having appreciated the transitional phase we are currently going through.

I don''t see what a Hughton out opinion can be based on - we''ve played 2 games and our first choice CB is out, our 2 first choice wingers have been out and another of our marquee signings has been out. Not to mention Fer missing the first game. It''s just nonsense.

And to the people that want Hughton out I would say - be careful what you wish for.

Hughton In.

I only need 1 reason, despite any concerns I have about the way in which we approached matches for a large portion of last season and in the first couple of games of this season, it is WAY too early to be calling for the head of a manager who''s just been backed with the largest pot of cash this club has ever seen. If we''re still struggling to create chances, score goals and get points on the board come the end of October then I might reconsider, but he has to be given time to get it right.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]In

Wiz must have tried to sack more managers than Abramovich

Just imagine living your life being that negative and miserable

"shudders"
[/quote]

That made me giggle.[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]In short he needs time.[/quote]He hasn''t got time - look at our next 8 fixtures.Southampton SpursVillaStokeChelseaArsenalCardiffMan CityWith the greatest will in the World, I don''t see many easy fixtures in that little lot.He had time during pre-season to sort things out when it didn''t matter but clearly he didn''t.Out

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Hughton In.

I only need 1 reason, despite any concerns I have about the way in which we approached matches for a large portion of last season and in the first couple of games of this season, it is WAY too early to be calling for the head of a manager who''s just been backed with the largest pot of cash this club has ever seen. If we''re still struggling to create chances, score goals and get points on the board come the end of October then I might reconsider, but he has to be given time to get it right.

[/quote]

Agree In Brownie. But just to prove how ridiculous this knee jerk crap is. I will take you to task on you''re assertion that we are still struggling to score goals. We scored 2 past Everton in our first home match. If we score 2 in every home match that''s 38 for the season. Only the top 4 scored that many last season. Not really trying to make a point with this except that snap judgements at this stage of the season are ridiculous whatever they are attempting to show.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Hughton In.

[/quote]

Agree In Brownie. But just to prove how ridiculous this knee jerk crap is. I will take you to task on you''re assertion that we are still struggling to score goals. We scored 2 past Everton in our first home match. If we score 2 in every home match that''s 38 for the season. Only the top 4 scored that many last season. Not really trying to make a point with this except that snap judgements at this stage of the season are ridiculous whatever they are attempting to show.

[/quote]

The goals comment is related to the chances comment Nutty, if you don''t create much you don''t score much. We struggled to score goals in the 2nd part of last season until we managed 7 in the last 2 games, unfortunately I don''t think we''ve had 7 attempts on target in the first 2 games of this season, which is too similar to the form we displayed prior to those 2 wins for most peoples liking. 

Yes we scored twice against Everton but I don''t think Howard made another save, Wolfie looks the real deal, but it''s a little unreasonable to expect him to convert every chance that comes his way, if we can start giving him a few good chances a game we''ll be fine.

I don''t think we''re an unreasonable bunch on the whole really, we don''t expect our team to win every week, we just like to know we''ve given it our best. I recall us applauding the lads off after we ran out of steam against Citeh in our first season back, but any more performances like Wigan or Stoke away last season aren''t acceptable, the players we had then (and even more so now) are better than that.

The Hull keeper made a cracking save from RVW on Saturday but aside from that we didn''t have too many clear chances, I think if we''d lost 1-0 and he''d played an abolute blinder you probably wouldn''t have seen such an overreaction.

Rustyboy, we had 13 attempts on goal on Saturday.

http://squawka.com/news/2013/08/26/analysis-norwichs-lack-of-finesse-costs-them-as-hull-sweat-out-first-premier-league-win/2013082618808?

In obviously - the idea of replacing our manager at this stage of the season is infantile.

In

1. Experienced coach, knows how to deal with players and good on the transfer front.

2. Wants to do well and succeed at NCFC

3. Kept us up last season although everybody wrote him and the team off

OUT.

1. Negative tactics is the absolute main reasons why we should move him on.

2. Losing a lot of fan support after only two games doesn''t speak volumes for him.

3. We''ve won 3 league games this year. This year! 11th made us look better than we were. Completely flattered Hughton and us.

-------

Other reasons:

4. His coaches - Paul Trollope and Colin Calderwood don''t appear to offer us too much at all. Calderwood well known for poor tactics in his own management days.

5. His interviews. Constantly praising opposition. Little passion. Doesn''t connect with fans at all. Not a Norwich manager in my book.

In...but with provisos.

1, Should be given until November to achieve a stable squad and some pts on the board.

2, Start playing some expansive attractive football.

3, Instil some belief into the squad and fans.

If he does numbers 2 +3 , the number 1 will follow on automatically.

If there is no sign of this happening by mid November then he should walk (or be pushed)