Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Why the doom and gloom after just two matches?

Way too much negativity on here, too soon.   Get your peckers up and start thinking positive.    Hughton doesn''t want the team to be seen as negative - why would he?     Sure he wants the defence to be strong and organised - which manager in their right mind wouldn''t want a good defence? He wants the midfield have the ability to take the ball on and distribute it well towards the other end of the pitch.   But that is at the heart of our problems  - the midfield haven''t cracked it yet.    Not enough quality play there and Hughton and we all know it.   That''s why  we have Redmond and Fer and hopefully at least one more coming in to boost the team in that area.   

I''m not going to apologise for putting on a positive thread, I''ve just been looking at too many negative ones for the last two days.   Give it a a few weeks and we will  see the best of what a Hughton team can do - and it won''t be negative.    Football is made of a mixture of positive and negative and its all about getting the balance right.  We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.   So get your peckers up and start to look forward to the next few matches and enjoy the progress of the team as it gets better and better - and we start to see the best of what the new players have to offer.    Why wouldn''t you?

because its just a continuation of last season rubbish, no change in system and no imagination, no plan b. its as much the performance/tactics/formation/lack of attacking imagination which has got people riled

people want change

Disappointment rather than doom. Not calling for heads to roll but a rocket to be lit.

I would take playing "bad football" (is there such a thing?) and staying in the leagueover Playing exciting football and getting relegated any dayThe ultimate goal of exciting football + progressing in the league will come in time

Its not after 2 games though is it LDC ?

NOTHING has changed from last season. Hardly a suprise people are getting twitchy. look how many of the likes of you said, give him the whole of last season to sort it, already the same excuses are being trotted out for a continuation of poor results !!!

Enough is Enough !!!!

But yes it is dissapointment for many who put their faith in CH and his squad and are feeling let down after such an apparently good window, for those that were unhappy last season it is seen as vindication of their view.

If the fare last season hadnt been so dire then the gloom and doom wouldnt be so great, but its a combination of both last season and a shit performance on Saturday in most peoples eyes.

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Why so many new threads repeating points that have already been done to death elsewhere?[/quote]

Because I want people to b***y well cheer up.  Its frankly frightening that there''s so much negativity on this board.  I know its not representative of the fanbase as a whole, but ok, we''re disappointed about Saturday, but it doesn''t mean wholesale changes are needed.    We simply need patience to let Hughton get on with improving the midfield - as he did the defence last season - so they can keep the ball and then do something useful with it.   That''s why we have these new players - to improve - and they haven''t had the chance to show us what they can do yet.  We haven''t got anywhere near our strongest team out yet - and we may have more players to come in too. 

So come on - b***y well cheer up!

That is an interesting point, you sayi its not representative of the fan base as a whole, I tell you i live in a Norfolk market town where loads of people are City fans and if you talk to them the negativity and dislike of CH tactics is very very widespread. When loads of people come on the board moaning, there will undoubtedly be loads of binners in there but I wouldnt dismiss it quite so lightly.

[quote user="lake district canary"] He wants the midfield have the ability to take the ball on and distribute it well towards the other end of the pitch.   But that is at the heart of our problems  - the midfield haven''t cracked it yet.    Not enough quality play there and Hughton and we all know it.   That''s why  we have Redmond and Fer and hopefully at least one more coming in to boost the team in that area.   

[/quote]

Good point - well said. OTBC!

[quote user="MGWAPTW"]About the only support i see for Hughton is on this board. I think you would be suprised LDC at just how unhappy most seem to be with Hughton.[/quote]

It seems Hughton can''t win whatever happens.  If we win its because the opposition didn''t turn up - or if they did turn up we won because the players decided to try and win despite the manager.    If we lose or don''t play well its the manager''s fault.   Its frankly bonkers.    Yet we had a ten match unbeaten run beating Arsenal and MU etc etc.  Does the manager get no credit for when we do well??   

I strongly feel that people ought to try and be a bit more

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MGWAPTW"]About the only support i see for Hughton is on this board. I think you would be suprised LDC at just how unhappy most seem to be with Hughton.[/quote]

It seems Hughton can''t win whatever happens.  If we win its because the opposition didn''t turn up - or if they did turn up we won because the players decided to try and win despite the manager.    If we lose or don''t play well its the manager''s fault.   Its frankly bonkers.    Yet we had a ten match unbeaten run beating Arsenal and MU etc etc.  Does the manager get no credit for when we do well??   

I strongly feel that people ought to try and be a bit more [/quote]No mate, it was all down to the players.Then they started listening to him and it all went tits up.

[quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)[/quote]I don''t want teams scoring 4 against us so we have to score 5 thoughI want a solid team who can win 1-0 2-1 Who can get the draws they need and stay in the league"facepalm"

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)[/quote]I don''t want teams scoring 4 against us so we have to score 5 thoughI want a solid team who can win 1-0 2-1 Who can get the draws they need and stay in the league"facepalm"[/quote]So, as I said earlier & earlier still (last week sometime)As I said last week, my ideal is quality attacking winning football.If I can''t have that, I''d like attacking winning football.If I can''t have that, I''d like winning football.If I can''t have that, I will inevitably want better.I''ve

had a season and two matches to judge, and my view is that Hughton''s

not the right manager for us if we want to achieve better than slumming

around the bottom half of the table by playing dreary negative

safety-first one dimensional football.Given the quality of players signed I''d keep him as head scout, but I doubt he''d see that as a career move.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)[/quote]

If you want that you''d better petition for Holloway to come in.   Its about balanced football.   We haven''t got the balance right yet.   Good defence, good midfield and good attack.  It doesn''t just happen though - it takes time.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)[/quote]

If you want that you''d better petition for Holloway to come in.   Its about balanced football.   We haven''t got the balance right yet.   Good defence, good midfield and good attack.  It doesn''t just happen though - it takes time.  

[/quote]

How much more bloody time ? Thats the excuse trotted out permenantly for Hughton.

3 transfer windows, two pre seasons, one full season, and now another two games. Massive upgrades on players, the result ???

NO CHANGE AT ALL !!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are erring on the negative side at the moment - but that will change as Hughton works with the new players.[/quote]Yes, his devil may care, "you score four, we''ll score five" mentality will shine through for all to see.(facepalm)[/quote]I don''t want teams scoring 4 against us so we have to score 5 thoughI want a solid team who can win 1-0 2-1 Who can get the draws they need and stay in the league"facepalm"[/quote]So, as I said earlier & earlier still (last week sometime)As I said last week, my ideal is quality attacking winning football.If I can''t have that, I''d like attacking winning football.If I can''t have that, I''d like winning football.If I can''t have that, I will inevitably want better.I''ve

had a season and two matches to judge, and my view is that Hughton''s

not the right manager for us if we want to achieve better than slumming

around the bottom half of the table by playing dreary negative

safety-first one dimensional football.Given the quality of players signed I''d keep him as head scout, but I doubt he''d see that as a career move.

[/quote]Yet we finished 11thOh wait yeah sorry the players revolted and Hughton had to give in to their demandsForgot about that!

You''re very polite LCD, I wouldnt have bothered to blank out the word bloody! That was bloody nice of you!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I don''t like the way we play.. but it worksNo point risking relegation through changing the manager 2 games into a season

[/quote]So how many games do you give the manager?

Reading, I think it depends on the next few results/performances. If we play well against Soton (win or lose) it will be an improvement.

If, however, we are pants in the next 5 games and lose them all, we''ll be looking for a replacement. Well, we personally won''t be, obv.....

I think he''ll come good quickly. Subtle changes are needed, that''s all

Reading said: idon''t like the way we play.. but it works

No point risking relegation through changing the manager 2 games into a season

That point is arguable. We stumbled over the finishing line, narrowly avoiding relegation after employing an attacking approach - eventually - against West Brom.

I think we''re in much greater danger of relegation by continuing with our current approach than seeking change.

I think the crux of peoples anger is that it isn''t just two matches. We don''t seem to have learnt anything from last season. Playing so negatively away from home for the vast majority of last season was the main reason we found ourselves facing relegation. The majority of supporters me included expected a fresh new approach to go along with the fresh new team. I don''t want to see the same tactics empoyed that nearly got us relegated. Playing over 60 mins against 10 men was a brilliant opportunity to go on the offensive and get 3 points, but we didn''t we kept on playing the same negative passing side to side and backwards football.   

I don''t want Hughton out just an immediate change in how we approach games. We''ve spent brilliantly in summer and now we need the approach to games that compliment that.