Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Mourinho out

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Are you suggesting that drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford is as poor a result as losing 1-0 at Hull?[/quote]No I''m saying criticizing a manager for being "too defensive" away from home is sillyMourinho set his team up defensivelyTactically they only tried to break on the counterInstead of bringing on Mata he brought on Mikel and AzpilicuetaHe leaves with a point. A point which may be the difference in who wins the title.

If we can be better with possession away from home, while keeping Hughton''s defensive strategy, we can pick up more points on the roadAt home however I saw a massive difference in strategyWe will always pick up more points at home than away.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Are you suggesting that drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford is as poor a result as losing 1-0 at Hull?[/quote]No I''m saying criticizing a manager for being "too defensive" away from home is silly[/quote]Setting up for a point and getting it is not the same as setting up for a point, going a goal behind, and being unable to recover the situation.There were several games in the second half of last season where our away performances were woeful and seldom did we come away with a point.  If you set a team up to draw, and they lose, and you persist in setting them up to draw, and they persist in losing, then something isn''t working.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]If we can be better with possession away from home, while keeping Hughton''s defensive strategy, we can pick up more points on the road[/quote]Yes.  If we score the occasional goal, that will also help.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Are you suggesting that drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford is as poor a result as losing 1-0 at Hull?[/quote]No I''m saying criticizing a manager for being "too defensive" away from home is silly[/quote]Setting up for a point and getting it is not the same as setting up for a point, going a goal behind, and being unable to recover the situation.There were several games in the second half of last season where our away performances were woeful and seldom did we come away with a point.  If you set a team up to draw, and they lose, and you persist in setting them up to draw, and they persist in losing, then something isn''t working.[/quote]Very true. I''m not saying I am thrilled at the idea of going for draws or "shutting up shop" but a lot of people forget that it''s not just Hughton who does it away from home.As long as we keep our impressive home form however we will be fine. Does make life tougher not picking up 3 points on the road though.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Are you suggesting that drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford is as poor a result as losing 1-0 at Hull?[/quote]No I''m saying criticizing a manager for being "too defensive" away from home is sillyMourinho set his team up defensivelyTactically they only tried to break on the counterInstead of bringing on Mata he brought on Mikel and AzpilicuetaHe leaves with a point. A point which may be the difference in who wins the title.[/quote]
Still. They were drawing, not losing. A didn''t have a man advantage. It''s a totally incomparable scenario. 

Yeah and when we took a point from QPR or Southampton last season people were still crying out loud how negative we are and "Hughton out".

Same time Chelsea fans are showing their thumbs up for their messiah returning and just get the result from the hard games.

I agree that we should try to win every game, but same time I agree with Hughton that we shouldn''t open ourselves like we did Lambert era.

Perhaps it should be Moyes out after Norwich managed more shots on target away from home at Hull than Manchester United did at home.

Jesus Christ, the comparison is just non - existent

It''s like comparing the Olympics 100m final to the local school sports day beanbag on head running race!

This gets more stupid by the minute!

The term ''Clutching at straws'' springs to mind!

I am not one to try and offer Hughton defense when there isn''t evidence for it nor do I want the sacking of a good man and manager 2 games in (there, nicely sat on the fence :)).Going to Old Trafford in your second game in charge and playing for a draw and going to a newly promoted side after a year in the job and doing the same is not comparable and clutching at straws to be honest. I still think he is a good coach but he had a bad day at the office (the balance was all wrong, square pegs round holes etc). All coaches have them, if he learns from days like Saturday then we will all be happy, if he makes the same mistakes with the same kind of results then we may see people sliding off the fence onto the sacking side though.

Awful.  Going for the draw against a club he could beat.  Where''s the two up front?  Where''s the attacking football?Get him out now!Sadly the point being made will be lost on the people its aimed at.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Jesus Christ, the comparison is just non - existent

It''s like comparing the Olympics 100m final to the local school sports day beanbag on head running race!

This gets more stupid by the minute!

The term ''Clutching at straws'' springs to mind![/quote]Manager goes to away gameSets up defensivelyMakes defensive changesLeaves with drawSounds like a few games for us last seasonThat point could be incredibly valuable for Chelsea

Nobody seemed to want to take anyone on during the match, it was all pass before your closed down. Too much of that in football today. Thankfully we have Redmond !

"Manager goes to away game

Sets up defensively

Makes defensive changes

Leaves with draw

Sounds like a few games for us last season

That point could be incredibly valuable for Chelsea"

Torres on for a midfielder a defensive change?

Manager sets up defensively away from home against the reigning Champions and gets a point.

Manager sets up defensively away from home against a newly promoted weak side and loses despite having an extra man on the pitch for 60-70 minutes.

Yup I see the similarity[8-)]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Nobody seemed to want to take anyone on during the match, it was all pass before your closed down. Too much of that in football today. Thankfully we have Redmond ![/quote]Is this not the Spanish influence everywhere over the last 5 years? Spain are really good so lets try and do everything they do to become eh really good. Pass pass pass back to centre back and start again. Possibly going to get sledged here but I can''t watch 90 mins of Spain play, it leaves me a bit cold and sometimes bored. I can appreciate the talent on show and everything but after a while I find myself looking at my phone, reading the paper etc and not watching the game.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

"Manager goes to away gameSets up defensivelyMakes defensive changesLeaves with drawSounds like a few games for us last seasonThat point could be incredibly valuable for Chelsea"

Torres on for a midfielder a defensive change?

Manager sets up defensively away from home against the reigning Champions and gets a point.

Manager sets up defensively away from home against a newly promoted weak side and loses despite having an extra man on the pitch for 60-70 minutes.

Yup I see the similarity[8-)]

[/quote]Elmander replaced Tettey around the same time as Torres replaced De Bruyneand we brought on Hoolahan So don''t say we didn''t try to go for it.Do you even watch these games?!

Clearly more than you Reading!

Played with one up front for almost 40 minutes after the red card, before Elmander came on, then finally our most creative player is brought on with 15 minutes to go to try and snatch a draw!

Real positive play!

I just don''t see how you can compare us playing Hull away to Chelsea playing Man Utd away?  They are totally different teams in Totally different games in totally different contexts!

I despair!

just like to point out Snake eyes, we failed to create a single decent chance once Hoolahan came on...

We created more under Redmond, who Wes came on to replace! IMO Hoolahan was more keen on back heels and flicks then he was on moving the ball!

So it was Hoolahans fault Jas?

I must admit I wouldn''t have taken Redmond off for Hoolahan, but I would have put Hoolahan on!

I know you are not a Hoolahan fan and admittedly his form at the start of the season (including in the friendlies) has not been good, but he is still our most creative player. We needed all of that amunition on the pitch.

Surely we should have gone 3 at the back to allow 2 strikers 2 wide men 2 attacking midfielders with the 5 midfileder sweeping in front of the back 3.

That would have been positive wouldn''t it?

Just wanna make my stance clearI''m not happy with the style of footballWould love us to "go for the win" However Hughton''s style seemed to work at home and we finished 11thSo to sack Hughton yet... is silly in my opinion