Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

James Troisi?

Not seen this mentioned anywhere (apologies if it is), but just saw this on the beeb:

Norwich are close to securing a season-long loan deal for Atalanta winger James Troisi. The 25-year-old Australian began his career at Newcastle, but never made an appearance in the first team.

I guess he''d be cover for EB, don''t know anything much about him but am guessing CH does if he was at Newcastle.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Not seen this mentioned anywhere (apologies if it is), but just saw this on the beeb:

Norwich are close to securing a season-long loan deal for Atalanta winger James Troisi. The 25-year-old Australian began his career at Newcastle, but never made an appearance in the first team.

I guess he''d be cover for EB, don''t know anything much about him but am guessing CH does if he was at Newcastle.[/quote]

It seems they just overlapped for a few months when Hughton was first-team coach at Newcastle, although how much he saw of Troisi is a question. Troisi''s record is not terribly impressive (only two starts and four from the bench last season) and he wasn''t in the squad for Atalanta''s first game this weekend, although there may have been a reason for that. A season-long replacement for Elliott Bennett sounds about right.

Strange one this? Can''t see him being a starter, and with Snods, Pilks, Redmond and Olssen we are already well covered out wide despite Bennetts injury. Is Hughton losing the plot?

I can tell you that there had big wraps on him when he was a youngster at Newcastle but when he moved to Turkey seemed to lose his way somewhat. He will be cover for EB and could do a job if it all comes together as he is quick and skillful but I would suggest that Hughton is doing a loan deal to see whether he can cut it or not before he commits any further. He has typically played well for the handful of Socceroos games he has played so far.

I really think this one is a 50/50 - could be good, good be bad. However, we will just have to wait and see.

Perhaps after our bad start Hughton''s preparing to brood his Championship Squad!

Fox, Ayala, Troisi, Becchio at the spine of the team :(

On 22 August 2012 Juventus F.C. signed him as free agent on a four year contract, but half of the registration rights was sold to Atalanta as part of Manolo Gabbiadini''s deal on 24 August 2012.[11]

[quote user="City 2nd"]On 22 August 2012 Juventus F.C. signed him as free agent on a four year contract, but half of the registration rights was sold to Atalanta as part of Manolo Gabbiadini''s deal on 24 August 2012.[11][/quote]

Ah now it becomes clear...

Hughton - Juve "Can we have Quagliarella then?"

Juve - Hughton "No you can''t afford him"

Hughton - Juve "Oh OK, got anyone else with a fancy name?"

Juve - Hughton "Yeah, we''ve got this speedy winger called Troisi going on the cheap"

Hughton - McNally by phone "No go for Quag, but they''ve got this speedy Italian winger going cheap"

McNally - Hughton "I trust you on this careful Chris, save some money now, and you can have that new carpet in your office"

Hughton - Juve "We''ll take him"

Troisi - Hughton "Gday sport, surfs up. Just hit the dunny, sink a stubby and I''ll be on my way"

Hughton-McNally "err David... one small thing, he''s not exactly Italian, but I don''t think the fans will realise. Can I still get that carpet?"

Winger and also Attacking midfielder. Kills two birds with one stone, (Benno and Hoolahan).

Could be this years Michu? haha We all wish, but I''d be more than happy to give this guy a chance if Hughtons confident of him bringing ''quality'' to the squad.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]This season''s Harry Kane?[/quote]

Or this seasons Harry Kewell? Meant to be very skillful - would be good cover.

Goals here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7kJ53VyZQ&feature=youtu.be

Few decent ones, but the defending is .... errrmm ...

Only seen him play for Aussies, but there he has been quite good if not anything special. So nothing to be exited about, but gives decent backup for three slots and who knows if this move would make him flourish and as said we dont have that many skilful players that could play behind the striker except Hoolahan and in lesser extent Butterfield who isn''t trusted. So better than nothing if we are closing our interests for pure 10 in transfermarket.

If we are after cover following Elliott''s injury, rather than an out and out starter, he could make sense. We have cover on the wings but given the extent of the injury and timescale involved in the recovery, there''d not be much point in giving EB a squad number (for now) so there is a spot there.

Seems reasonable cover for Benno, but he''s not likely to be the solution for Wes competition. We''re still after a Michu type player in my book.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Strange one this? Can''t see him being a starter, and with Snods, Pilks, Redmond and Olssen we are already well covered out wide despite Bennetts injury. Is Hughton losing the plot?[/quote]

Olssen was bought to challenge for the left back role with Garrido.

Pilks and Redmond for the left mid role

And Snoddy and Bennett for the right mid role, hence this chap is to cover Bennett''s injury.

Bennett''s injury is long term, so it would be VERY foolhardy to go into the season light. Are you suggesting because we have players who can cover that we should go into the season with a smaller squad?

Not strange at all.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Not seen this mentioned anywhere (apologies if it is), but just saw this on the beeb: Norwich are close to securing a season-long loan deal for Atalanta winger James Troisi. The 25-year-old Australian began his career at Newcastle, but never made an appearance in the first team. I guess he''d be cover for EB, don''t know anything much about him but am guessing CH does if he was at Newcastle.[/quote]

Oh well, we''ve had a ''no mark'' Yank so why not an Aussie one?[;)]

Spoke to someone about this and they said he''s a decent player with potential. Not sure he''d be able to excerise his potential in our squad though...

Came in here fully expecting to see someone saying he''s ''this seasons harry kane'' and judging him before he''s even pulled on a yellow shirt.

Thanks for not letting me down!

Everyone expects every single transfer to work and be successful, trouble is its never usually like that. Harry Kane is a great example. Richie De Laet is another

Biased much?It is bloody obvious that Pilkington is injury prone and struggles to be effective for 90 minutes.  Snodgrass is coming back from injury, Olsson is not fit and Redmond is just to raw to rely on.So why has he lost the plot?The only strange thing is the way our fans are trying to undermine the club all the time.[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Strange one this? Can''t see him being a starter, and with Snods, Pilks, Redmond and Olssen we are already well covered out wide despite Bennetts injury. Is Hughton losing the plot?[/quote]

Che''s right hand man wrote the following post at 27/08/2013 10:28 AM:

"Redmond will now cover Snodgrass. Troisi and Pilkington left. I can see Redmond playing left wing until Pilkington is back."

Exactly how I see it and it would be nice to see some decent crosses coming in from wingers on their best foot.

[quote user="ref89"]Biased much?

It is bloody obvious that Pilkington is injury prone and struggles to be effective for 90 minutes.  Snodgrass is coming back from injury, Olsson is not fit and Redmond is just to raw to rely on.

So why has he lost the plot?

The only strange thing is the way our fans are trying to undermine the club all the time.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Strange one this? Can''t see him being a starter, and with Snods, Pilks, Redmond and Olssen we are already well covered out wide despite Bennetts injury. Is Hughton losing the plot?[/quote][/quote]

Snodgrass had a very minor groin tweak which is now better, he hardly needs to ''come back from Injury''. Redmond can also play on the right as cover. Olsson has played many times on the left wing in front of a defender, no reason why he can''t do this again if Pilks is injured. Pilks is recovered now and hopefully get a good run out v Bury tonight. Olsson played a lot of pre-season and seemed to do alright. I''m not sure how you can call him ''not fit''.

I have never seen Troisi play, but he hasn''t exactly made a name for himself to suggest he would be any better than what we already have as cover. I''m sure Josh/Jacob Murphy must also be thinking what do I have to do to get a chance? 

I just think it''s a bit of a strange and unnecessary signing for Hughton to make, unless of course someone is on their way out.

Problem is, dr ink, that your scenario rather suggests Bennett was already surplus to requirements. I think we do have reasonable cover on the flanks (given he was not first choice) but if he is out for as good as the rest of the season, as reports suggest, a temporary direct replacement makes perfect sense.

Its called being sensible with the remaining transfer budget, we still need an attacking mid and a centre back. The new guy is just cover for Bennett.

worth having a look at the guy?, unfortuntaley we saw enough last season to suggest that Pilkington maybe can''t be relied upon for any sustained length of time with injury, how many times has he pulled out of the Ireland squad?

Even though he''s in a dual registration with Atalanta, I can''t imagine Juventus are in the business of acquiring poor players on their books?

Don''t know if he''s available but would much prefer Andros Tonwsend, he can''t be that expensive!

[quote user="Alfie54"]Don''t know if he''s available but would much prefer Andros Tonwsend, he can''t be that expensive![/quote]Tottenham will keep him, him and Lennon will rotate this season.