Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Are you bothering to read many posts right now?

I enjoy catching up on here and usually dip into many posts, reply to a few and generally enjoy the few minutes a day I spend on here. BUT......this week its like the board has been taken over by aliens........ridiculous over reaction to one defeat/off colour performance at the start of a new season on many threads. No consideration given to the usual early season mixed bag of results throughout the league, new players bedding in, Hull''s first home match, they actually defended very well etc etc. .......and yes, I too was really disappointed by the performance.....but we have played poorly like that under both CH and PL (yes, but many conveniently forget we DID play poorly a few times under PL) before and come through it and we will do the same again.

I am back in the UK next week and I just hope I dont catch this bug and start joining in on this bandwagon or whatever you call it, I am even considering not seeking out tickets for the Southampton match in case I catch something at Carra Rud, there must be something in the air or some serious brain washing cult operating behind the scenes, it really is almost bizaar the over reaction this time.

So, are you like me avoiding many posts so as not to be infected by this? 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I enjoy catching up on here and usually dip into many posts, reply to a few and generally enjoy the few minutes a day I spend on here. BUT......this week its like the board has been taken over by aliens........ridiculous over reaction to one defeat/off colour performance at the start of a new season on many threads. No consideration given to the usual early season mixed bag of results throughout the league, new players bedding in, Hull''s first home match, they actually defended very well etc etc. .......and yes, I too was really disappointed by the performance.....but we have played poorly like that under both CH and PL (yes, but many conveniently forget we DID play poorly a few times under PL) before and come through it and we will do the same again. I am back in the UK next week and I just hope I dont catch this bug and start joining in on this bandwagon or whatever you call it, I am even considering not seeking out tickets for the Southampton match in case I catch something at Carra Rud, there must be something in the air or some serious brain washing cult operating behind the scenes, it really is almost bizaar the over reaction this time.So, are you like me avoiding many posts so as not to be infected by this? [/quote]

^^^Very much this.  agree its bizarre DM.   The over reaction is way out

of proportion to the reality of the situation.     I''ve stopped looking at a lot of posts now, especially by the ones I know are just going to be negative for the sake of it.     Its almost like people want CH to fail  - and he hasn''t even got  the new players up and running yet.  Its just plain barmy.  

Yup same as me. I try to avoid certain thread starters and topics and only read ones that I could believe giving anything for discussion in this forum.

But so many posters totally disappeared when we got that good end result from WBA game and from whole previous season and even after Everton game only few of them came back it was quite obvious they would come back soon as given any chance for touting their own truth and as lakey said there are many people here that want to see Hughton fail as they could then say "I said so" and are already too deep in their anti-Hughton path.

I learned from last season that it was useless to come here after game lost and try to discuss tactical points as most of writers were already decided that only reason why we lost was management and only way to get better was getting rid of Hughton.

Agreed folks - I don''t bother reading the threads created by the melodramatic pantwetting stamping-for-their-milkshake bunch. You learn that it comprises of genuine binners who have obviously got accounts on here, and other suspicious folk who are sh1te City ''supporters'' - those that only post on this board on the back of a defeat.

So many talk a good game about tactics etc but then weirdly fail to grasp that it may take a little while for the new players to intergrate with the squad and play with telepathy. With a bit of support Hughton and that squad will do very well for us, but let''s face it, especially since the Premier League plastic contingency signed up on this message board, well, there''s a lot of people on here you wouldn''t want alongside you in battle - go f#ck off and support Man U if you can''t handle us losing a game

[quote user="Lavanche"]and try to discuss tactical points as most of writers were already decided that only reason why we lost was management and only way to get better was getting rid of Hughton.[/quote]
It''s pretty much the same throughout England. Very few seem to actually care about tactics, instead tending to focus on either blaming the management or the lack of ''passion'' shown by the players. 

There is a lot of posts that could come under the same ''reflection on Hull defeat'' thread.

Half of them are mindless rants and the other half are genuine critical assessments of how we did and speculating the way forward.

I hope now we can get back to more transfer rumour stuff! 1 more week to discuss a hopeful centre back coming in and ''this seasons Michu''

I want to see how long the Quagliarella thread gets. It''s amazing that neither him, Toby or Ola have actually moved anywhere yet which leaves dwindling hopes that they might yet still join us!

I had never considered criticizing CH until now, it may be too early but its justified. After the injection of over £20m I was expecting more than going to Hull with two DM''s. Was hoping to be a bit more adventurous but if this the way we are going to go can only see disappointment at the end of the season.

Hope I''m being ultra critical but doesn''t look good.

Don''t bother to criticise this as I don''t bother to read replies after posting.

Have to agree to the OP.  I think it''s the nature of message boards that plenty of people just want to vent after a defeat and many find it easier to knock the manager than think about what actually went wrong on the pitch.  Actually under Lambert, there were plenty of negative reactions too whenever we had a bad result, but of course there were less bad results in those 3 seasons (not that this means we''d be better off now with Lambert - I think he knew full well he''d taken us as far as he was able to, which is why he jumped ship then).

Actually from what I remember, when we were sliding down to relegation to L1, this message board was about the same as it is now, in terms of the amount of doom & gloom.  It''s just human nature that people rapidly adjust and take things for granted.

Nothing very much worth reading at the moment. I read in the vain hope that theres something interesting to read, but it really is rare these days.

Its the same people posting on all the threads around the same theme and some I just swerve.

Now then LDC without you regarding this as a personal attack or abusing you please just take on board the irony of you commenting on this thread when you have started no less than 7 threads on the front page most of which are covering the same ground and littered with repeat posts.

Anyone who has a quick glance over Twitter / Facebook knows this forums is known nothing more than as a joke now.It''s worse than Canary CallI still post here... because why not.But some of the posters seem to just love the negativity

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Its the same people posting on all the threads around the same theme and some I just swerve.

Now then LDC without you regarding this as a personal attack or abusing you please just take on board the irony of you commenting on this thread when you have started no less than 7 threads on the front page most of which are covering the same ground and littered with repeat posts.

[/quote]

And why don''t you stick to talking about the football?   In case you hadn''t noticed, there is a lot of repetition on this board from everywhere and everyone - including you.    Saturday evening there was one poster kept repeating himself over and over............ in the same thread.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I enjoy catching up on here and usually dip into many posts, reply to a few and generally enjoy the few minutes a day I spend on here. BUT......this week its like the board has been taken over by aliens........ridiculous over reaction to one defeat/off colour performance at the start of a new season on many threads. No consideration given to the usual early season mixed bag of results throughout the league, new players bedding in, Hull''s first home match, they actually defended very well etc etc. .......and yes, I too was really disappointed by the performance.....but we have played poorly like that under both CH and PL (yes, but many conveniently forget we DID play poorly a few times under PL) before and come through it and we will do the same again.

I am back in the UK next week and I just hope I dont catch this bug and start joining in on this bandwagon or whatever you call it, I am even considering not seeking out tickets for the Southampton match in case I catch something at Carra Rud, there must be something in the air or some serious brain washing cult operating behind the scenes, it really is almost bizaar the over reaction this time.

So, are you like me avoiding many posts so as not to be infected by this? 

[/quote]

I still read them all Mark, warts and all, yes, its pretty rabid at times but this isn''t a place for the faint hearted.

LOL @ Wiz. In his defence though he is constantly negative and posts more or less come rain or shine rather than the ''sleepers'' who only wake up when we lose, play badly.or miss out on a transfer target.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

And why don''t you stick to talking about the football?   In case you hadn''t noticed, there is a lot of repetition on this board from everywhere and everyone - including you.    Saturday evening there was one poster kept repeating himself over and over............ in the same thread.

[/quote]

Well so glad you took that well and when I did respond on one of your numerous threads( so many I cannot remember which one) you totally ignored what I said about 11 men defending against 7 at a free kick so no lectures from you please about talking football but then again anybody not singing from your hymn sheet is met with a similar response as above. You may not like my style LDC but you are like a well scratched record.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Its the same people posting on all the threads around the same theme and some I just swerve.Now then LDC without you regarding this as a personal attack or abusing you please just take on board the irony of you commenting on this thread when you have started no less than 7 threads on the front page most of which are covering the same ground and littered with repeat posts. [/quote]

And why don''t you stick to talking about the football?   In case you hadn''t noticed, there is a lot of repetition on this board from everywhere and everyone - including you.    Saturday evening there was one poster kept repeating himself over and over............ in the same thread.[/quote]

Well so glad you took that well and when I did respond on one of your numerous threads( so many I cannot remember which one) you totally ignored what I said about 11 men defending against 7 at a free kick so no lectures from you please about talking football but then again anybody not singing from your hymn sheet is met with a similar response as above. You may not like my style LDC but you are like a well scratched record.

[/quote]

Errr.....from memory, I did respond to that.   I can''t remember exactly what I said but it was along the lines of that Arsenal did the same against Fulham and they won 3-1.      Someone responded to that post, but it wasn''t you.  Suggest you look at thread again, if you can find it.  As for your style, I don''t object to it, but please,  if you  have to try and catch me out on something,  make sure you''re sure of the facts!    

Love it but as Pete says in this thread, I have my say and rarely bother to read the later replies.

I would say that I know a lot of supporters through attending all home and a lot of away games and most definitely sympathise with the "Hoots is on dodgy ground" viewpoint.

We all support our team whatever some get accused of on here and we all would love Hoots to be a success but the board exists for debate.

If we play well against Soton then the mood will change.

Why anyone is surprised by the negative reaction after Saturdays performance is quite bizarre.

The CH out stuff is clearly nonsense but concerns about how we start the season after spending 25 million quid is just normal observation. Of course it is early and there is every possibility that we will gel and have a fabulous season but Saturday wasn''t good.

When lasted looked our club wasn''t run by the Scientologists so I think that mixed reactions/criticism are still allowed without.resulting in optimistic blindness!