Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Team for Tonight?

Bunn,
Whittaker, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Snodgrass, Butterfield, Fer, Redmond,                                    Hooper (if fit)                     RVW

For me. It''s nice to know even our "back up team" is full of quality these days.

Hooper isn''t fit for tonight.We could make it a 4-4-2 and throw Becchio up front with Ricky, would be interesting to see if they can play together.

i very much doubt ricky will feature at all tonight, becchio and elmander will feature most probably, perhaps some youth players will to

I would like to see Bassong and Snodgrass get some good game time, and maybe we can deploy a 442

I''d wanna see quite a few first name players in the team, hopefully get a good result and get their blood boiling for saturday

[quote user="leroy van hoopsmond"]I''d wanna see quite a few first name players in the team, hopefully get a good result and get their blood boiling for saturday[/quote]This

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="leroy van hoopsmond"]I''d wanna see quite a few first name players in the team, hopefully get a good result and get their blood boiling for saturday[/quote]This[/quote]

Don''t all our players have first names?

Where have you heard that Morty? All the reports for last few days are that he''s in contention to play tonight. If fit, I''m sure he will play as he''ll need to get some match fitness/sharpness back.

Jamar Loza and Josh Murphy to get a run out!

Both could have opportunities to impress and if successful would give Hughton good options from the bench for future games.

With injuries, Hughton needs depth and we don''t have the money that other clubs have for quality squad numbers. Bringing through two talented youngsters would ease that pressure and give greater squad depth IMO!

Snake

[quote user="kick it off"]Where have you heard that Morty? All the reports for last few days are that he''s in contention to play tonight. If fit, I''m sure he will play as he''ll need to get some match fitness/sharpness back.[/quote]Front page of the Pinkun.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="kick it off"]Where have you heard that Morty? All the reports for last few days are that he''s in contention to play tonight. If fit, I''m sure he will play as he''ll need to get some match fitness/sharpness back.[/quote]

Front page of the Pinkun.
[/quote]

Must be true then....[;)]

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

Jamar Loza and Josh Murphy to get a run out!

Both could have opportunities to impress and if successful would give Hughton good options from the bench for future games.

With injuries, Hughton needs depth and we don''t have the money that other clubs have for quality squad numbers. Bringing through two talented youngsters would ease that pressure and give greater squad depth IMO!

Snake

[/quote]

I think they both played 90mins for the U21 squad yesterday.

The game against Hull showed that the first team squad need more games together to get a bit of understanding - injuries and fitness aside pick as strong a team as possible - one that will be very similar to the team that plays Southampton.

I''d play Ruddy tonight. He had absolutely nothing to do Saturday and while you''d hope he''d be equally quiet this evening, he hasn''t had that many games since his injury.

Oh yes, so it is. Apologies. I have the forum bookmarked so I don''t need to go through the front page, therefore hadn''t spotted it.

[quote user="kick it off"]Oh yes, so it is. Apologies. I have the forum bookmarked so I don''t need to go through the front page, therefore hadn''t spotted it.[/quote]I do the same lol, only reason I knew is I saw it mentioned in another thread.

Didn''t see that Bethnal!

That rules them out, but would have been nice to have had them amongst the experienced players!

The only concern is that if we put out as strong a team as possible, if we lose anymore to injury, we have very weak depth.

The risk we may have to take?

Snake

I would play the team which is likely to start against Southampton. After the Hull debacle it would be a good opportunity to restore some confidence and show some creative ability and score some goals. With most of the top teams playing twice a week this should be no problem re tiredness etc.

Will Hughton do it ?? I doubt it, as it is clearly the blindingly obvious !!!

Bunn; Martin, Bassong (c), R Bennett, Olsson; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Elmander.Subs: Nash (GK), Whittaker, Turner, Howson, Redmond, Becchio, van Wolfswinkel

Bunn; Martin, Bassong (c), R Bennett, Olsson; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Pilkington; Hoolahan; Elmander

Subs - Nash (GK), Whittaker, Turner, Howson, Redmond, Becchio, van Wolfswinkel

Team is

Bunn

Martin, R Bennet, Bassong, Ollson

Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Pilkington

Hoolahan

Elmander