Sign in to follow this  
Your mother

Too prudent no ambition ...on the pitch

Nigel,That''s my whole point - this board feels like the kind of pub where somebody sets upon you the second you get through the door rather than a place where you would make friends. If the only way to make friends is to keep your head down and to agree with the prevailing opinion, then I would rather go to off licence and drink on my own!

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nigel,

That''s my whole point - this board feels like the kind of pub where somebody sets upon you the second you get through the door rather than a place where you would make friends. If the only way to make friends is to keep your head down and to agree with the prevailing opinion, then I would rather go to off licence and drink on my own!
[/quote]

But surely this is the way you have treated everyone since you joined this time. You''ve been continually on my case and never had a reasonable conversation with me. Why is that?

To be fair, Nigel, I do not see anyone wrecking this thread, or any others for that matter. Louis is absolutely correct . Surely it must be possible to offer reasonable view on things to do with NCFC without getting stressed out and name calling ? The fact that a few of us were mightily p1ssed off with the no show at Hull is in no way aimed at you. But we are entitled to voice our opinions on it without being belittled , surely ?

Nigel,I simply dont recognise the poster that you are describing and I am sorry that you feel this way. I only have circa 180 posts and I would suggest that I dont have a reputation for consistent name calling or thread wrecking, but I will let others on here judge this and provide me with feedback. As for a reasonable conversation, I dont honestly think this is possible as we just see thing so differently. As I have stressed throughout this thread, I come on here to let off steam and not be an opinion influencer. I have no desire to change your mind on anything. If this means that I naturally gravitate to posts with similar views as mine, this doesnt make me a victim and nor does it invalidate any views that you may hold. Does that help?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]To be fair, Nigel, I do not see anyone wrecking this thread, or any others for that matter. Louis is absolutely correct . Surely it must be possible to offer reasonable view on things to do with NCFC without getting stressed out and name calling ? The fact that a few of us were mightily p1ssed off with the no show at Hull is in no way aimed at you. But we are entitled to voice our opinions on it without being belittled , surely ?[/quote]

This is my point. It''s impossible to have a reasonable debate on here without all the other stuff. You seem to blame me but if you read back you will see that it''s not me getting stressed out or name calling. Have a look what happened after Bury joined the thread....

Who is it really who''s being belittled on here. I just wish posters like Louie would stick to the football. But I like him anyway[:-*]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nigel,

I simply dont recognise the poster that you are describing and I am sorry that you feel this way. I only have circa 180 posts and I would suggest that I dont have a reputation for consistent name calling or thread wrecking, but I will let others on here judge this and provide me with feedback.

As for a reasonable conversation, I dont honestly think this is possible as we just see thing so differently. As I have stressed throughout this thread, I come on here to let off steam and not be an opinion influencer. I have no desire to change your mind on anything. If this means that I naturally gravitate to posts with similar views as mine, this doesnt make me a victim and nor does it invalidate any views that you may hold. Does that help?
[/quote]

No.. it doesn''t help. I hope I never drink in your pubs. I like to mix with people of all beliefs. I would hate to be made unwelcome because I didn''t fit in. I detest narrow views and narrow-mindedness. I think it causes many of the worlds problems but that''s for another discussion.

I wouldn''t shun you because your views are different to mine.

I still like ya though[:-*]

In the main Louis DID stick to the football. As you did, and the rest of us, including Bury. Louis'' analogy to the pub was fair enough, as it is true that in some pubs you do go in and all you can hear is the local bore who believes that if he shouts loudest, then his point will prevail. I think you just have to accept that there are many of us who do not take as relaxed a view of CH and what he''s up to as you clearly do. Where we all agree that it''s got to be given a reasonable amount of time to see how it pans out . Perhaps where we part company is just how long that should be and what measures should ensue if it''s not working ?

LOL... bury didn''t mention football. Just tried to pal up and form a gang[:O]

Yes I''m relaxed and chilled and yes I enjoy it on here. I''m looking forward to the season and the ups and downs that happen. There will be good and bad. Memorable and forgettable. We none of us have any idea how it will go. We certainly can''t judge after 2 games when we''ve not even seen all our players. I will enjoy the ride. Why would you bother with it if you didn''t?

Reg,I hope that I did, the whole pub analogy was really just trying to explain something to Nigel rather than an attempt to derail the thread.Back to the football and the good point that you made about timing, may I suggest that with the following fixtures coming up, we are likley to know by teh time we play Cardiff on the 26th of October.Southampton (H)Spurs (A)Villa (H)Stoke (A)Chelsea (H)Aresenal (A)The most critical tests for me will be Saints and Villa as they are mid-table teams who we should be aiming to beat at home, where statistically we get most of our points.

Louise

I think we will get a positive reaction against Saints, despite the blooming awefull selections and tactics for the Hull game very few of the players did themselves much justice either, they will want to bounce back quickly from that.

Fer will be better for the run out and hopefully Snoody will be back to his best, I am also looking forward to seeing Olssen starting, he was excellent per season and hopefully he will be ready.

We need to see Redmond getting good balls through for RVW to run onto, they should be learning how he wants to receive the ball now and hopefully we can oblige. I think the way Redmond cuts in will enable him to thread a pass, it''s something he needs to develop in his game and if he does this it could lead to lots of opportunities.

Keep your chin up and things may look completely different after Saturday!

Clearly Louis there are going to be freakish results along the way.....it''d be just like Norwich to lose v Saints, then go and win at WHL a week later . But in the main you are dead right . The simple fact is that to stay out of trouble we need to win our home games v mid to lower table sides AND pick up a decent number of wins away at these clubs . That''s what Lambert did in our first season, and why we were never in trouble. This squad undoubtedy has the quality to achieve that rather limited goal, but I''m concerned that the direction has not been shown by the management yet . I know it''s a cliché, but he really does approach each and every away game with the aim of a nil nil draw.

Reg,Agreed, but the point that I was specifically making was about timing. I think you will have your answer about how much time CH will be given before we play Cardiff.

Aha, I see what you mean now, Louis . I certainly do not think the board should dally around much after November if it''s all going tits up, so there may well be something in what you say. QPR and Reading were in the mire by then last season, and never seriously looked like recovering . As you say, there is a good enough mix of games before Nov for us to pick up a reasonable number of points. There will be those on this site that say this is all being unnecessarily pessimistic, and we''ll be no doubt accused of "pant wetting", but I''m quite sure that there are enough members of the NCFC board who have their heads screwed on to be formulating a "plan B" if, regrettably it is necessary.

Van Wink,Louise????Saints will indeed be an excellent test because their game is based upon ball retention, much like Everton. For me possession is really important and that is why we miss Pilks. Yes, he can go missing, but gives us balance, he can hold the ball up well enabling the midfield to join the attack and he has a goal threat. I cant find the stats, but I think he probably has the highest goals per minute played ratio in the team.

[quote user="JF"]Indeed, and that pattern that''s emerging has been going on since xmas, its why a majority of self appointed experts in the media have tipped us for relegation. Whats concerning many Fans now is that after bringing in some expensive players nothing appears to have changed, the center forward is still isolated and feeding on scraps, the midfield is flat, cant pass a cold and uncreative and the tempo slower than the village idiot at the pub quiz[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This is my point. It''s impossible to have a reasonable debate on here without all the other stuff. [:-*]

[/quote]

A bit rich coming from you Nutty Nigel given your behaviour over the years.

[/quote]

Not falling for it Tangie. You''re just another example of a poster gagging to wreck the thread. Try posting something loosely football related and I''ll happily engage.

My first look at this thread as I went out yesterday and am somewhat interested as to why Tangible mentioned me on here when I have not posted on here.

Still when you have an agenda I suppose the odd post will slip under Pete''s radar.

Nutty, I really have no opinion on most of this but I can''t help but notice that most of your last dozen posts seem to be direct quotes from Wiz.

Is that who you want to be?

I hope not because you''ve always been better than that.

At what point does Hughton become "good enough" for people to stop acting like spoilt children?Stay up?Go down but attack all the time?Win the league?Win a cup?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Nutty, I really have no opinion on most of this but I can''t help but notice that most of your last dozen posts seem to be direct quotes from Wiz. Is that who you want to be? I hope not because you''ve always been better than that.[/quote]

I want to be free Cambridge.............

I want to break free
I want to break free from the lies
And the self-satisfied I don''t need them
I got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought we were poorest at the start of last season and not the end. The stats would back up that point of view. If our form in the first 6 games had matched that of the last 6 we would have finished 8th.

[/quote]

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say. You can always twist the data collection to suit your purpose. Ask any statistician.

[quote user="JF"]Indeed, and that pattern that''s emerging has been going on since xmas, its why a majority of self appointed experts in the media have tipped us for relegation. Whats concerning many Fans now is that after bringing in some expensive players nothing appears to have changed, the center forward is still isolated and feeding on scraps, the midfield is flat, cant pass a cold and uncreative and the tempo slower than the village idiot at the pub quiz[/quote]

I wasn''t at Hull but the game looked woeful on tv. Can anyone who was there disagree? At least I had a pint in my hand whilst watching such tripe. Imagine the journey home afterwards.

As has been pointed out elsewhere many fans are becoming very despondent about going to away games. There is always the chance you can lose but in the same vein you could win. The odds nowadays on a City away game being a win are becoming very low. Will we see away tickets not going to ballots?

The midfield kept losing the ball to a 10 man Hull. Creativity within our tactics needs to be developed. We sold an older striker to bring in an even older 1. In the words of Spock ''That''s illogical captain''

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought we were poorest at the start of last season and not the end. The stats would back up that point of view. If our form in the first 6 games had matched that of the last 6 we would have finished 8th.

[/quote]

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say. You can always twist the data collection to suit your purpose. Ask any statistician.

[/quote]

I''ll rephrase that for the hard of reading. We only picked up 3 points from our first 6 matches. That can''t be twisted or lied about. It''s a matter of record.