Sign in to follow this  
Julia 1980

Bury fan - here in peace!

Hi all,

Looking forward to tonights game and pitting our collective wits against a Premiership team. We''re a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment having signed 22 players over the summer. We''re getting better slowly but surely. Tonight might be an embarrassment to us or we will give a good account of ourselves. Who knows?

We''re bring about 800-1000 but I just wondered how many Canaries will turn up given that its a tenner (or £1 for juniors) to get in. It would be great if there was a decent crowd. Anyone got any thoughts?

Anyway, you always strike me as a decent club and a decent set of fans so I hope after tonight you do really well in the PL.

Cheers,

Julia

That''s a lot of new players Julia!

Some on here thinks it will take time for 3 or 4 of ours to gel so by that estimate yours might in a few years time?

That said have a great season and enjoy the game tonight.

Snake

[quote user="Julia 1980"]Hi all,

Looking forward to tonights game and pitting our collective wits against a Premiership team. We''re a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment having signed 22 players over the summer. We''re getting better slowly but surely. Tonight might be an embarrassment to us or we will give a good account of ourselves. Who knows?

We''re bring about 800-1000 but I just wondered how many Canaries will turn up given that its a tenner (or £1 for juniors) to get in. It would be great if there was a decent crowd. Anyone got any thoughts?

Anyway, you always strike me as a decent club and a decent set of fans so I hope after tonight you do really well in the PL.

Cheers,

Julia[/quote]Well done if you''re bringing 1000, its a long way to travel midweek.Enjoy the game[Y]

How on earth have you made 22 signings over one summer ?

You probably know already that we normally don''t turn up for cup games so I''d echo the sentiment that 9-1 would be worth a flutter on your side.  Kudos if you''re bringing 1,000 or so in the evening, could be worth the trip (tho I hope not).

Hi Julia :) 1000 fans coming from Bury for a League cup second round tie on a Tuesday night is a good turnout! I''ll estimate at around 16k there tonight, last Saturday''s ''''performance'''' will have put a lot of people off, plus we are hopeless in the cups (Luton at home last year...) so not many more than 16k I wouldn''t have thought. Also, as others have said, I wouldn''t hesitate getting down to Ladbrokes and sticking a few £ on your lot Tonight.....

Hi Julia :)

Great to hear you are bringing a good crowd for tonight''s game!

I am hoping for a cracker, as I have flown over from Ukraine for tonight''s game....as well as Southampton at the weekend!

Given our performances in early round cup games however I would stick a few quid on Bury if I were you!

However, I am hoping for a good win and fancy Elmender for a brace tonight for some reason!

Either way enjoy tbe game and enjoy Norwich! You''re more than welcome in the great city! Looking forward to seeing it again myself actually!!

they were a funny spirited bunch but there was about 50 idiots down the front who were spoiling for a ruck... still can''t complain 9 goals and watching a load of northerners fighting among themselves it was a top nights entertainment... seriously though i thought burys support was fantastic and helped make it a much better occasion than i was expecting... the small minority at the front let themselves down a bit but i''ve seen norwich fans not exactly cover themselves in glory on away trips

[quote user="im spartacus"]they were a funny spirited bunch but there was about 50 idiots down the front who were spoiling for a ruck... still can''t complain 9 goals and watching a load of northerners fighting among themselves it was a top nights entertainment... seriously though i thought burys support was fantastic and helped make it a much better occasion than i was expecting... the small minority at the front let themselves down a bit but i''ve seen norwich fans not exactly cover themselves in glory on away trips[/quote]

Or on here...

You Bury fans gave us good value tonight. I mean, not only did we get 9 goals for a tenner, but we got to see some monkeys in their natural habitat! You can''t see them at the zoo for that much!