Sign in to follow this  
rich

Re: who else?

he is indeed, I wonder if the board have agreed the three month loan to see if King proves himself first before making a bid to sign him. Or is that just being optimistic and the board are just being cheap in the hope that some of strikers will be fit within three months.

I reckon we should try our own steal of the season and put in a bid for McPhail!! How annoyed would Forrest be if we actually signed him! That and the fact he is a good possession and passing player.

Striker wise I think its incredibly difficult because a lot of the most promising players in that position have been signed by the big clubs even though they arnt going to be first teamers. How many strikers have West Ham and West Brom got between them?

Defence is a must, but we will surely have to do another of Worthingtons best choice, such as Drury has been, get them cheap young and ready to be cut into a class player. A centreback is a defenite must, and a good quality youngster would be the answer with the experience of Flemming and Mackay we dont need another 30+ player in that position, we need some pace and some distribution from there.

Finally I dont think that the Crouch loan length was nessisarily decided but NCFC. It runs out at the beggining of December, about a month before the transfer window opens up again, possibly so that if they need to get rid of him they have a month before he can go to sort out a suitable buyer. Plus ofcourse should other players turn in bad performances they may go and he may be needed back as cover, such is a Premiership clubs life.

Mcphail would indeed be quality. If we could afford him, I think if Paul Hart gets the west ham job, which I believe he will, then it could be open season at Forest.

Also if we scower them lower leagues there has to be some quality young defenders available at knock down prices. Until then I think the time is right to give Shackell his chance, it has to be said that the partnership of Malky and Fleming needs to be changed. Fleming and Shackell has to be worth a go.

I would still like to see us pick up some quality on the flank. Can''t believe we missed out on james milner. Why not get in there for Kieran Richardson of man united, or ritchie partridge of Liverpool or maybe even Acuna at Newcastle. All potential loan deals.