Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

Ayala?

Watched the game today, he gave away the pen when should have stayed on his feet.  In my opinion Gafaiti looks the better defender and he has just turned 19.  I doubt if he (Ayala) will get many games this season, so probably best to let him go on loan and bring on Gafaiti.  The gaffer obviously rates him, as he took him on the pre-season tour to the states and started him twice (at RB).  I know the lad and he is a quick learner and very dedicated/focused, in my opinion he is one who will make it at Prem level. 

You also have to feel for David Fox. A loyal servant to the club, voted 3rd in POTS 2 years ago and now in the reserves with the youth players and a CB who will probably be gone in a months time. We all talk about RvW being an upgrade on Holt, Fer on Johnson, Olsson on Garrido etc, but where is the upgrade on a cultured midfielder who can actually dictate the pace of a football match, not just "get stuck in'' like Jonno or Tettey. At the moment, if we discount Fox, we have no one bar Fer (who''s played 1 competitive game) who can play in a midfield two and play more than a sideways pass. Sort it out Hughton! The game is won or lost in midfield....LETS WIN IT!

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]You also have to feel for David Fox. A loyal servant to the club, voted 3rd in POTS 2 years ago and now in the reserves with the youth players and a CB who will probably be gone in a months time. We all talk about RvW being an upgrade on Holt, Fer on Johnson, Olsson on Garrido etc, but where is the upgrade on a cultured midfielder who can actually dictate the pace of a football match, not just "get stuck in'' like Jonno or Tettey. At the moment, if we discount Fox, we have no one bar Fer (who''s played 1 competitive game) who can play in a midfield two and play more than a sideways pass. Sort it out Hughton! The game is won or lost in midfield....LETS WIN IT![/quote]Do you consider Hughton is ignoring Fox for good reason, ie he isn''t good enough? Or is there something more sinister going on?Because if Fox is the answer tour midfield creativity issues then Hughton would be crazy to not pick him.

Fox played OK today but certainly didn''t boss, Cam McGeehan looked just as useful and he is only 18.  We have some very useful young players in the U21''s.  They wont all make it at Prem level but imo there are a few who will.

[quote user="Ray"]Fox played OK today but certainly didn''t boss, Cam McGeehan looked just as useful and he is only 18.  We have some very useful young players in the U21''s.  They wont all make it at Prem level but imo there are a few who will.[/quote]This is what I don''t get. Fox is mentioned as somehow being an answer, but when he has had his chances, he looks average.A puzzle indeed.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]You also have to feel for David Fox. A loyal servant to the club, voted 3rd in POTS 2 years ago and now in the reserves with the youth players and a CB who will probably be gone in a months time. We all talk about RvW being an upgrade on Holt, Fer on Johnson, Olsson on Garrido etc, but where is the upgrade on a cultured midfielder who can actually dictate the pace of a football match, not just "get stuck in'' like Jonno or Tettey. At the moment, if we discount Fox, we have no one bar Fer (who''s played 1 competitive game) who can play in a midfield two and play more than a sideways pass. Sort it out Hughton! The game is won or lost in midfield....LETS WIN IT![/quote]

I don''t feel for him that much, being at Norwich and what he''s been part of since he''s been here must surely be the high point of his career in football.

Although clearly not playing football is rubbish, so I feel for him on that front.

He''s just too limited to help take the club forward.

I doubt it is anything much in the sinister stakes, it is not as if Fox was a definite starter in PLs post-promotion season (he played about half the games, mostly earliier in the season if I remember correctly). I think we have probably just moved to a place beyond him; it is up to him to grab any chance that comes along, perhaps tomorrow (though maybe not if he played Monday) against Bury....but he didnt do amazingly in the odd games played last season.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I doubt it is anything much in the sinister stakes, it is not as if Fox was a definite starter in PLs post-promotion season (he played about half the games, mostly earliier in the season if I remember correctly). I think we have probably just moved to a place beyond him; it is up to him to grab any chance that comes along, perhaps tomorrow (though maybe not if he played Monday) against Bury....but he didnt do amazingly in the odd games played last season.[/quote]Yeah my point about something sinister was slightly tongue in cheek. I agree with your assessment, I just don''t understand why a few posters here still see him as the answer to our midfield creativity problems.I doubt he''ll get a game tomorrow.

As for Ayala, he seems to have something but just seems too prone to making errors....you''d have to think we are waiting to get another cb in so that he can go on loan again.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]As for Ayala, he seems to have something but just seems too prone to making errors....you''d have to think we are waiting to get another cb in so that he can go on loan again.[/quote]Pretty much what I have always thought of him too, could be good, but has a massive clanger waiting to happen every time he plays.Bit like Otsemebor.

The pen wasn''t the only error today, although he did look confident on the ball, but then you would expect that from a player who has plenty of 1st team experience. I urge any of you who can make it, to spend a couple of hours on a Monday afternoon watching the U21''s. The next home game is Leicester KO 23rd Sept, KO 2.00pm at Colney.  There are two away games before then, Spurs on the 2nd Sept and Chelsea on Friday 13th Sept, both KO at 7.0pm.

Ayala has good qualities on the ball, but a bit of a rash head on him...not sure whether championship experience will help him to make the step up to the Prem. I know Barnett is a different kind of player, but he always looks great in the Championship and not as strong in the Prem. Maybe Ayala is simply one of them...

As for Fox, I don''t think he is the answer to our problems, but I think an upgraded version of him is...just sad for him as a guy that he did so well for us across the first two seasons and we''ve moved on from him, like so many others.

Fox made 28 prem appearances in the first season, and was voted 3rd in POTS.

Last season under Hughton, he played something like 35 mins of league football.  I don''t think that is classed as "had enough chances".

Fox was injured in Hughton''s first pre-season and then pretty much discarded from the off.  I don''t think he is Glenn Hoddle but he clearly offers soemthing different (being ball retention and passing) that Hughton just doesn''t believe in.  Hughton is clearly about banks of 4, defend deep, break up the play and then try and counter attack.  Why do you think head down boys such as Redmond and Snodgrass are favourites.....gain yards and field position (rugby!).  The chance of a goal from a set-piece is always there for him.  The difference this year is we don''t have Holt to put a stake in the ground in enemy terrority by winning a free-kick or holding the ball up.

If you want to bring up Luton then that worked out perfectly for Hughton didn''t it.....drop all of his big guns, the others come in and have a poor game and then he can easily state that the second string aren''t good enough and then bring back the underachieveing Tetty, Howson and to some extent Johnson.

Howson was picked week after week after week, until finally he did something worth (in the last two games of the season).

I have nothing against Howson personally...in fact it is Tettey that is the real annoyance.  I still don''t really know what he does.  He has to be the one that drops out.

Pretty strong rumours, their local journos reported it as an agreed deal...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-ayala-boro-bid-accepted-5765925

Only know this as a colleague is a big Boro fan. and wanting some straight answers. lol.

[quote]Pretty strong rumours, their local journos reported it as an agreed deal...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-ayala-boro-bid-accepted-5765925

Only know this as a colleague is a big Boro fan. and wanting some straight answers. lol.[/quote]

He is only going on loan though shouldnt be playing in any dodgy nooorwich warm up games. Boro like to sign injury prone mingsters so looks like another one is making the trip.