Sign in to follow this  

Good to see a few goals fly in but it''s worrying that Bury were ahead on possession stats, and they managed 3 goals. This would have been a good game to start with Becchio rather than giving him 15 mins at the end. I think the Southampton game will gives us more of a clue whether the worries are justified. I hope CH knows what he''s doing, but really not convincing me. Anyone view the whole game?

Great entertainment, pleased for Olssen and looking forward to seeing more from him

Spookily it is 60 years to the very day* since Hungary beat England 6-3 at Wembley in that epochal match that ushered in a new era of blah blah blah. So I think we can all understand the significance of tonight''s result.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Bury didn''t just score 3 they had a load of chances too which is a bit worrying.....[/quote]

Don''t worry that ain''t going to happen on Saturday

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Spookily it is 60 years to the very day* since Hungary beat England 6-3 at Wembley in that epochal match that ushered in a new era of blah blah blah. So I think we can all understand the significance of tonight''s result.[/quote]

Yeah. Zilch.

What did England score on 31st Sept 60 years ago? Or weren''t they playing?

Unusual, some Norwich ''fans'' concentrating on the negative: score 6 but worry about possession stats, which are the biggest misleading thing out there....

It''s great after last Saturday, hopefully everyone can get behind the lads for the next game

Being concerned is not the same thing as being negative. Was only wanting a view from someone at the match. Possession stats can be misleading at times but generally the better teams control the game. What we all want is control of the game and to have good attacking options. Is it really not concerning that Bury had more possession at CR?

RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson  Snodgrass Fer Johnson Pilks                  Elmander                     RvWAgainst Southampton?or maybe                      RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson       Snodgrass Fer Redmond                  Hoolahan               Elmander RvW

Possession stats are horrendously misleading, you often get different ''readings'' on the same game. Territorial stats would be far better, like they have in rugby, but they are never provided. It is far better to look at a scoreline as it is, in the end, all that matters.

I assume the possession stats came from the BBC? If that''s the case I wouldn''t take it to seriously. The BBC''s possession stats are incredibly innacurate and are often way out of other sites statistics.

Surely all that matters is the win, I''m sure most people really won''t give a flying dogs d1ck as long as we win/get the 3 points?! I''d take a 2-1 win with 30% possession every week, rather than 70% possession and a 2-1 loss. The cup is always a potential banana skin anyway as we all full well know - credit to the boys for serving up some excitement, damned if they do, damned if they don''t!

OTBC

Just got back from the game and frankly very surprised to hear people

say Bury had more possession than us. I think who ever was calculating the possession stats for

tonight probably needs to get booked in for that cataract operation

asap. A very entertaining 90 minutes and nice to see most of the ground stand and applaud the 35 yard screamer scored by Reindorf in the 90th minute. Elmander looked good, Fer seemed more at home playing a little deeper and the team seemed more balanced with Snodgrass and Pilkington on the pitch. The only negative I would be concerned about is not the 3 goals shipped in, the game was done and they took their foot off the gas a bit, but Bassong took a couple of nasty knocks. I hope the management wrap him in cotton wool as we look so much more organised with him on the pitch.Final point, sat in the River End for the first time in 25 years as I was taking my 6 year old nephew and 4 year old niece to their 1st game and I''m pleased to say that the stand has lost none of its legendary atmosphere. [:D]

Alex yes we needed a win and we needed bassong and snoddy to play the full game.

Fer showed himself to be the top player in our central midfield.

There can certainly be confidence taken but of course they will go over he video with constructive criticism.

First 15 mins quite even till we scored, then we did have a nice goal again when going very narrowly through the middle. We scored throughout which is great. Certainly there are gaps and with 5 days I think we need to look at it. Think the same queries we have spoken about are still areas we need to address soon.

Bring on Soton, and a bit more action in the window before it closes so we can have those final pieces and some players on the bench

Elmander was absolute class, worked really hard too. Best performance by a forward for a while. Pilks looked well off the pace, missed a couple of good chances, Johnsons passing was appalling. Olsson looked very nippy, Fer looking more comfortable in the deeper role, Snodgrass worked his socks off. Wes ran out of steam in the second half, I would have like to have seen Howson in the Wes role! nice five minute cameo from Redmond, where he again look very lively. Beccio got 15 mins, which is a shame, he should have had longer. Good to see lots of goals and plenty of shots, bit sloppy for their goals, but great result and a thoroughly entertaining evening

It could have been alot more tbh, we were not entirely efficient tonight despite scoring 6 lol.Snoddy, Pilks and Elmander stood out for me tonight, class acts.Oh and give Bury their due, they did well to score three. The third one got a standing ovation from most of our supporters which was nice and sporting to see.

It''s all very well but we can''t go shipping 3 goals to a 4th division team!! That''s 5 past us in two home games as well!!! If Cautious Chris has now lost the ability to defend then without a doubt we''ll be on the beach before Easter.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Spookily it is 60 years to the very day* since Hungary beat England 6-3 at Wembley in that epochal match that ushered in a new era of blah blah blah. So I think we can all understand the significance of tonight''s result.[/quote]I''m impressed that there''s still someone who remembers/aware of that piece of football history. Those were the days of attacking football.Here''s a link to one of my favourite goals ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWG7T80Tw6o