Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

IF we should lose to Bury

Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?

Depends solely on how the owners/board and McNally see it and I would not expect a knee jerk reaction by any of them particularly as the fringe players in the squad will be utilised for tonights game. CH will be given a few more than 3 games to get things going - but if he doesn''t after 10 or so games he may come under greater pressure than mete supporter mutiny.

To sort what out? We have simply lost one of our first two matches and put in a poor performance, and we could have been comfortable had we finished our chances in the first fifteen minutes on Saturday, something people are conveniently over looking, and the performance would have been the same but a different result and nobody would be over reacting I''m sure.

If we lose aganinst Bury it really isnt the end of the world, keeping in The Premier League and securing enough points over the 38 games in a long season is what it is still about for our club and you can just about guarantee that there will be several moer downs and many ups during the season.

I guess CH will use his squad sensibly vs Bury, give run outs to those who need it and keep those players fresh he needs for the more important fixture on Saturday, it should still be a strong team considering our squad strength even considering the injuries already picked up.   

[quote user="CamelFish"]

Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?

[/quote]

Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.

At the beggining of last season I considered the appointment of Hughton the best possible choice. Last season he rectified our defensive failings but the football was not the best. With £15m attacking flair added was expecting better and certainly when playing the leagues lesser lights. So what team plays against Hull Tettey and Johnson start, so CH starts with a defensive attitude. RvW an expensive addition gets to live off scraps, what has he left himself in for?

Seemingly in for another dire season struggling at wrong end of table. Not a CH supporter any more and feel we will be better getting rid sooner rather than later.

Im not a huge hughton fan but he got us to an 11th place finish last year so hes definately earned the right to be given at least 10 games before judging him this season. A good performance against everton so lets hope hull was just 1 of those days. A good win tonight and 3 points against southampton will go a long way in making up for the hull game. Saying that southampton at home will be tough Lovren, wanyama, lallana, ramirez, lambert, osvaldo. They''ve definately recruited well and we certainly seem to struggle home and away to them no matter what league we are in.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]

Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.

[/quote]

Read the post; it is not an opinion, it is a couple of questions to open up a discussion.

So no, it is not a wind-up.

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?[/quote]Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.[/quote]

Read the post; it is not an opinion, it is a couple of questions to open up a discussion. So no, it is not a wind-up.[/quote]

I''ve read it again.  The second question undoubtedly expresses your opinion that if we lose to Bury, it would "surely mean the end".  

The OP doesn''t express an opinion in much the same manner as asking the question "when did you stop beating your wife?"

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?[/quote]Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.[/quote]

Read the post; it is not an opinion, it is a couple of questions to open up a discussion. So no, it is not a wind-up.[/quote]

I''ve read it again.  The second question undoubtedly expresses your opinion that if we lose to Bury, it would "surely mean the end".  

[/quote]

So the question mark on the end is not a giveaway?

Jog on.

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]
Not if the performance is good. If we give it a go, and lose then theres no reason he should be given any grief whatsoever!

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?[/quote]Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.[/quote]

[/quote]So the question mark on the end is not a giveaway?

Jog on.

[/quote]

Go on then - you asked the questions.  What are your answers? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?[/quote]Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.[/quote]

Jog on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, firstly I don''t think that Hughton and his cohorts'' position is untenable, yet, but a defeat and increased sections of the crowd will be calling for his head.  I''ve never been entirely convinced about Hughton''s credentials.  OK, 11th is the highest position since the days of Mike Walker in the 90s, but that''s not a correct reflection of the season.  Until 3 games to go, we were still in a relegation scrap and came up against 2 teams who were in effect "on the beach" in WBA and Man City.  I''ve looked at Hughton''s record as a manager.  Discounting his time at Newcastle when he won the Championship at a canter with a Premier League side, his win ratio is not impressive.

On reflection, I don''t believe that the board will knee-jerk react to a defeat by Bury, but it will certainly heap an awful amount of pressure on Hughton and Co. and if he loses the fans, it won''t be long before he loses the board and is out.

City 2nd wrote - "...particularly as the fringe players in the squad will be utilised for tonights game...."

With the exception of Becchio (if he plays) we will not be fielding any fringe players tonight.

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CamelFish"]Will Hughton and his cohorts'' position be untenable?  Poor performance against a 10-man relegation favourite team on Saturday followed by an early exit in the cup would surely mean the end?[/quote]Are you serious?    A manager who took us to our highest position in the league in twenty years?  A manager who orchestrated wins over 4 of the top six clubs last season?   A manager who because of his reputatioin has managed to get some real quality signings and not had a chance to put them into service yet?   It must be a wind up.[/quote]

Jog on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, firstly I don''t think that Hughton and his cohorts'' position is untenable, yet, but a defeat and increased sections of the crowd will be calling for his head.  I''ve never been entirely convinced about Hughton''s credentials.  OK, 11th is the highest position since the days of Mike Walker in the 90s, but that''s not a correct reflection of the season.  Until 3 games to go, we were still in a relegation scrap and came up against 2 teams who were in effect "on the beach" in WBA and Man City.  I''ve looked at Hughton''s record as a manager.  Discounting his time at Newcastle when he won the Championship at a canter with a Premier League side, his win ratio is not impressive.

On reflection, I don''t believe that the board will knee-jerk react to a defeat by Bury, but it will certainly heap an awful amount of pressure on Hughton and Co. and if he loses the fans, it won''t be long before he loses the board and is out.

[/quote]

Two questions:

1) What would be a "correct reflection" of the season if the table after everybody has played everybody twice isn''t it?

2) Why when you are looking at a managers win ratio would you discount a successful season unless you''re deliberately trying to skew the figures to suit an agenda?

Get 6 or more points adrift at the bottom of the table by October, then yes, untenable imo.

If we win against Bury will we stop getting these rediculous suggestions to get rid of our manager after 2 games?

I don''t think we''ll lose to Bury. I''m just looking forward to seeing what this Hughton team can do when Bassong, Hooper, Pilkington, Snodgrass etc are all back fit and raring to go - although Redmond has looked class (dare I suggest on here extremely positive in his play and with a very decent eye for goal - not exactly the defensive play that people insist Hughton instills in his players minds). I believe we''ll see far more ''attacking'' performances then, and RvW getting the service he deserves.

[quote user="Wiz"]Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late.[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"]Get 6 or more points adrift at the bottom of the table by October, then yes, untenable imo.[/quote]

LOL

I don''t think the result in this game will matter to the board one bit. The PL is their one and only priority.

Some of our "fans" don''t deserve to support our clubWonder where some of these "fans" were during the dark daysSome people seem to only know the Lambert daysIt wasn''t always rosy in the Yellow and Green side of East Anglia you knowHow people can possibly be outraged 2 games into a season having finished in 11th the season before is beyond crazy

Im not a negative person but I think we will lose to Bury. I like Hughton and I want him in but all the signs are there for a cupset. It ain''t the end of the world though - our league form is far more important.

Not a chance.  People want him out to satisfy their ridiculous opinions of our potential.[quote user="birchfest"]If we win against Bury will we stop getting these rediculous suggestions to get rid of our manager after 2 games?[/quote]

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="Wiz"]Like you spartacus, I''ve slept on it and calmed down..................and I think he has to go now before its too late.[/quote] [quote user="Wiz"]Get 6 or more points adrift at the bottom of the table by October, then yes, untenable imo.[/quote] LOL I don''t think the result in this game will matter to the board one bit. The PL is their one and only priority.[/quote]

Bugger!!

I don''t like you or your posts, but you''ve hit the nail on the head with this one.

I am fed up with some of the high and mighty, holier than thou responses to legitimate concerns.

It is as though you are not allowed to criticise or be worried about the team without being told you are not a proper supporter and don''t deserve a club like Norwich!

That is just bullsh*t!

I said it last year and l will say it again!

It''s because we care and support our team that we rightly voice our concerns!

The argument is lost when attacks on an argument become personal! I am as much a supporter as any other and no -one can say otherwise!

Snake

Eadie4England wrote the following post at 27/08/2013 9:50 AM:

"Maybe butterfield. As he didnt play for u21s either."

Yeah, remembered him a while after I posted. ;-)

[quote user="snake-eyes"]I am fed up with some of the high and mighty, holier than thou responses to legitimate concerns. It is as though you are not allowed to criticise or be worried about the team without being told you are not a proper supporter and don''t deserve a club like Norwich! That is just bullsh*t! I said it last year and l will say it again! It''s because we care and support our team that we rightly voice our concerns! The argument is lost when attacks on an argument become personal! I am as much a supporter as any other and no -one can say otherwise! Snake[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

The result tonight will have NO bearing on Hughton''s future.

1. Let the new players gel with the old.

2. Let us see a fully fit Snodgrass with Hooper, Pilkington and Bassong.

3. Trust McNally. He knows a hell of a lot more than us about what''s going on behind the scenes and isn''t afraid to act. If he thinks it''s appropriate and necessary to eject Hughton he will.