Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Becchio

If I was him I would want to go , even left out last night, he is never going anywhere here,feel ashamed the way the club have treated him .

[quote user="yellow old boy"]If I was him I would want to go , even left out last night, he is never going anywhere here,feel ashamed the way the club have treated him .[/quote]Weve got a player called Becchio ?

I guess we don''t see training, but he wants a shot in the premiership. The problem is, i don''t think there are any takers at this level now. He hasn''t had no chance with us, he just wasn''t good enough in the limited games we''ve given him.

If he sticks around, I think we''ll see him play a few times this season, maybe 10 or so at the most. He''d need to grab one of them chances by the scruff of the neck and it isn''t certain he''d even get a good chance.

Preferrably though, i''d rather we replaced him with a michu type attacking mid.

His eyes lit up for a second last night but the ball was cruelly intercepted just as he was about to open his account..

Deserved a chance, but obviously not going to get it. Surely we''ll sell if someone makes a decent enough bid. Sort it quickly and then sign someone else - that Finnbogason would do for a few mill

It isn''t like for like we need though. Becchio is behind RVW, Hoops and Elmander for 1 or 2 places. We need a guy to challenge for the role behind the main striker.

[quote user="yellow old boy"]If I was him I would want to go , even left out last night, he is never going anywhere here,feel ashamed the way the club have treated him .[/quote]Can you enlighten me as to how we have treated him so badly?

He hasnt been treated badly but we haven''t really given him much of an opportunity. Instead we persisted with Kei - who was god awful.

Sorry, but every time I have seen him the one thought in my head has been "Not good enough"

[quote user="Nicko"]He hasnt been treated badly but we haven''t really given him much of an opportunity. Instead we persisted with Kei - who was god awful.[/quote]If the manager saw fit to pick Kamara (Who you consider awful) ahead of Becchio then you kind of have your answer.

Well yes football is a game of opinions. We wouldn''t have beaten Everton if it wasn''t for Kei.

My point is Becchio''s chances were hampered a bit by the love affair with Kei.

[quote user="Nicko"]Well yes football is a game of opinions. We wouldn''t have beaten Everton if it wasn''t for Kei.

My point is Becchio''s chances were hampered a bit by the love affair with Kei.[/quote]Or rather than conjure up a magical love affair, look at the simpler, and more likely answer, that Becchio wasn''t / isn''t quite good enough to warrant a place in the team?

I was wondering how the club had treated him badly too?

As for Becchio the player, regardless of where he is in the pecking order right now, he is a much better player than some make out, but he is now in a squad that has some very decent quality so it will be a battle for him to stake a claim and he will get limited chances, surely he will understand this. 

During the time he is waiting for his chance, I guess he simply needs to impress on the training ground, impress when he does get a chance in a competitive match.....so do his job.... whilst drawing a very decent pay packet that will bring with it a better lifestyle than probably the majority of us on this board .......  

Now if he is being made to train with the Academy, being ignored  or something, then I sympathise a little ..........this is how it sounds like PL treated Darren Bent and how you often hear of some players being treated.   

Sorry, I don''t think I''m alone here. Becchio is better than Kei, hence why Becchio is still here and Kei isn''t.

I''ve nothing against Kei but there was a love affair with him, as soon as he got here everyone though he was the bees knees. I''m surprised they didn''t write a song about him!

Hang on...

[quote user="Nicko"]Sorry, I don''t think I''m alone here. Becchio is better than Kei, hence why Becchio is still here and Kei isn''t.

I''ve nothing against Kei but there was a love affair with him, as soon as he got here everyone though he was the bees knees. I''m surprised they didn''t write a song about him!

Hang on...[/quote]Kei was a short term loan player, and went back at the end of his loan, and Becchio is a contracted player at the club, that we can''t just send back anywhere?

Yeah but we had the option to buy Kei and there are plenty of clubs still interested in Becchio.

[quote user="Nicko"]Yeah but we had the option to buy Kei and there are plenty of clubs still interested in Becchio.[/quote]There are? Who are they?

Well it''s been strongly rumoured that Middlesborough are in for him. I''ve also read that Leeds would take him back. A bit of interest from QPR as well I believe.

[quote user="Nicko"]Well it''s been strongly rumoured that Middlesborough are in for him. I''ve also read that Leeds would take him back. A bit of interest from QPR as well I believe.[/quote]All Championship clubs eh?

I don''t see why that should matter. Half our team are from the Championship/league 1

[quote user="Nicko"]I don''t see why that should matter. Half our team are from the Championship/league 1[/quote]I am trying to gently steer you round to the way of thinking that there are probably no conspiracy theories, and that maybe, the fact of the matter is, he just isn''t quite good enough. Sometimes we, as fans, really do over complicate these things.

Maybe he knows that with another injury, say to the Wolf while Hooper is out, he''ll get a chance. If he can show what he''s made of, with a little bit of luck on his side, he may just make it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nicko"]I don''t see why that should matter. Half our team are from the Championship/league 1[/quote]I am trying to gently steer you round to the way of thinking that there are probably no conspiracy theories, and that maybe, the fact of the matter is, he just isn''t quite good enough. Sometimes we, as fans, really do over complicate these things.

[/quote]

I never said there was a conspiracy!

I just said that Becchio''s chances didn''t come thick and fast and I think it was down to the continued inclusion of Kei. That''s just my opinion.

Now that Kei has gone, and we''ve had the chance to improve - he perhaps doesn''t fall into the ''good enough'' category anymore. Which is fine, I never said he was good enough to be a regular.

[quote user="Nicko"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Nicko"]I don''t see why that should matter. Half our team are from the Championship/league 1[/quote]I am trying to gently steer you round to the way of thinking that there are probably no conspiracy theories, and that maybe, the fact of the matter is, he just isn''t quite good enough. Sometimes we, as fans, really do over complicate these things.

[/quote]

I never said there was a conspiracy!

I just said that Becchio''s chances didn''t come thick and fast and I think it was down to the continued inclusion of Kei. That''s just my opinion.

Now that Kei has gone, and we''ve had the chance to improve - he perhaps doesn''t fall into the ''good enough'' category anymore. Which is fine, I never said he was good enough to be a regular.[/quote]Thats the point though, I don''t think he ever actually fell into the "good enough" category, which is the reason we signed Kei on loan perhaps?The few times I saw him play left me a bit underwhelmed.