Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Bale and Rooney

I wish I knew how to set up a poll as I wonder how many people, like me, are fed up to the back teeth with hearing the names of Gareth Bale and Wayne Rooney during this transfer window.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I wish I knew how to set up a poll as I wonder how many people, like me, are fed up to the back teeth with hearing the names of Gareth Bale and Wayne Rooney during this transfer window.[/quote]

So fed up that you start a new thread on ''em![:S]

Looks like the Rooney thing is done now.SSN are desperately trying to milk the Bale story, tweeting a few minutes ago that they believe that Bale will not return to Tottenham. Wow, really?I reckon Man U have put a sneaky bid in for Bale actually.

[quote user="morty"]Looks like the Rooney thing is done now.

SSN are desperately trying to milk the Bale story, tweeting a few minutes ago that they believe that Bale will not return to Tottenham. Wow, really?

I reckon Man U have put a sneaky bid in for Bale actually.
[/quote]

What at 87 million morty?....jeez.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Looks like the Rooney thing is done now.SSN are desperately trying to milk the Bale story, tweeting a few minutes ago that they believe that Bale will not return to Tottenham. Wow, really?I reckon Man U have put a sneaky bid in for Bale actually.[/quote]

What at 87 million morty?....jeez.

[/quote]I don''t think the deal is worth anywhere near that though, I was reading something about the bid, and the up front figure would be somewhat less.Moyes was asked about it on SSN and he seemed quite coy. I think he knows, looking at what Man City have spent, that they will have to push the boat out to win the league this season.

Whilst these stories have been dragging on and Sky do love to hype everything - you can understand why.

A Welsh player is about to become the most expensive transfer ever - that is a huge story, especially when you consider Tottenham considered swapping Bale for Downing not too long ago.

Rooney will always draw media attention and it isn''t often a player switches from one big English club to another (think about how many players have played for both the Milan clubs and there have even been more players at Barca and Milan than between the big English teams). So you can see why everyone got a little overexcited about it - especially when both Man U and Chelsea seemed to talk about it all so openly.

At least no one is talking about Suarez anymore...

Suarez might surface again now Arsenal have sorted CL qualification. Real Madrid are my favourites to get him still. Makes our expenditure look like pocket change doesn''t it!

God, how the media love to get stories and flog them to death assuming all football fans are interested all of the time.

As Bethnal says, it was Suarez. In January it was Ba and his release clause and for the rest of the season it was Lampard''s contract renewal.

As for all the hype about Moyes.  Yes Ferguson has retired.  There is a new man in charge.  There will be milestones.  WE GET IT!!!!!

Last night there was no coverage at all of Norwich from 10.30 till 11.20 but Rooney was dealt with at least eight times.

It really does do my head in.  A combination of 24 hour news with little to say, constant reversion to the lowest common denominator with mechanistic and unimaginative reporting

I am sick of it and nothing Rooney does at the moment could regain my interest.

To be fair, we got our goals eventually, and there were 18 league cup games to get the goals from and format them when the games only ended around 10 o clock.

Bale has gone on strike, but I believe the hold up is because Spurs have not received the money promised when they sold Luca Modric to them and they don''t want it to happen again.  -- I''m on Spurs side with this. 

Jimmy,

the Suarez thing with Arsenal will never happen.  Arsenal''s derogatory £1 over £40m bid really pi**ed off Liverpool and so out of spite Liverpool will not only shun them, but will no doubt Harbour ill feelings for some time to come.  Other teams will also view these actions quite negatively and as a result I believe Arsenal have given themselves a bad name when it comes to doing business.

Money may talk, but good practice can often get the deal done better.  Especially when dealing with rivals!

If anything Suarez will end up abroard somewhere.

Snake

Suarez looks like he will be staying at Liverpool. He''s an entertaining one, isn''t he?

Bale...Jesus, this guy is over-rated! 87 million??!? There is no way anyone is worth that. It''s a disgrace.

It appears Rooney just wanted to make sure that the fans still loved him before he made up his mind. And if you believe that, I''ve got a lovely bridge to sell you.