Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Spurs holding us up

Spurs are so obviously refusing to sign off on the Bale deal because they know that so many other transfers depend on that going through. They want to wait till last minute to stop rivals spending...

...which affects the whole food chain ourselves included. Annoying but it might mean we get a late surprise...

Don''t think we are shopping in the same supermarket as Spurs! Seems they are already spending the Bale money abroad.

Apparently its to do with Arsenal.

When Real sign Bale, it will set of a chain of transfers resulting in Arsenal g getting one or two players they are after.

Tottenham are delaying so Arsenals new signings cant be registered in time to play against them in the North London derby this weekend.

So come on then. How is this affecting us? Please explain who we are going to miss out on.

Scooby- i think there is a chain of events to follow and that Quag and Alderweild are both involved. Our chances of signing them depend on who buys what above us and if they get better offers

Mmm. Bale to Real, then fantasy would have Ronaldo to Utd and Rooney to Chelski but I can''t see either of those. Spurs have already lined up someone else, can''t remember his name, so have Chelski with Eto. Where do you see Quag and Toby fitting in? Not having a go, just want to know as I''d like to see them both here.

The Bale transfer is actually at the end of a series of transfers, and part of the delay has been in all the other clubs involved getting in players - Fiorentina signed Ante to replace Ljajic who went to Roma to replace Lamela who went to Spurs to replace Bale.

Real Madrid have said they don''t need to sell and the 3 players muted going to Arsenal have all said they aren''t leaving.

Also, Norwich aren''t going to sign Alderwiereld or Quagliarella - they have both already turned down moves and I can''t see them changing their minds, especially Alderweireld.