Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The dymnamics of a football club

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDKFRpMrbs[/quote]While you''re her, Til, I just wanted to point out you missed complaining about a non-Norwich related thread this morning.  Couldn''t have been more obvious - it was titled "Bale and Rooney".   Are you slacking?[/quote]

Not at all but I was out in the real world talking to real people. [H]

[/quote]Did you bore them to tears too?[/quote]

Lol!  Perhaps Til could take you with him when he visits the real world!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDKFRpMrbs[/quote]

While you''re her, Til, I just wanted to point out you missed complaining about a non-Norwich related thread this morning.  Couldn''t have been more obvious - it was titled "Bale and Rooney".   Are you slacking?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you bore them to tears too?
[/quote]

While on are on LDC''s thread I hope you have put that thought from last night right out of your head.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDKFRpMrbs[/quote]While you''re her, Til, I just wanted to point out you missed complaining about a non-Norwich related thread this morning.  Couldn''t have been more obvious - it was titled "Bale and Rooney".   Are you slacking?[/quote]

While on are on LDC''s thread I hope you have put that thought from last night right out of your head.[;)]

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Lol!  Perhaps Til could take you with him when he visits the real world!

[/quote]Funnily enough we visited the real world last night, we had a beer before and after the game at Carrow Road.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well folks, there you have it.  I think that''s what you call a full set!

[/quote]

Whereas I think it''s a flushed deck.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][:D][/quote]

Obviously not then. Go on I dare you.[:P]

[/quote]Stop it lol, your subliminal messages are starting to get through.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well folks, there you have it.  I think that''s what you call a full set![/quote]

Whereas I think it''s a flushed deck.[/quote]

What are you on about, Yankee?

Thanks to Chops and Yankee for bumping this thread.I think I''ll bump it too from time to time, not because my op was good - I know it was too long winded and boring - but because this thread  is a prime example of the bad behaviour by  4 or 5 posters which keeps occurring on this board.   There were actually two or three attempts at proper replies, but, as usual, those were lost by those who were intent on spoiling.  

They like to think they are getting to me, but they are not.  All they are doing is showing themselves up in a bad light again. Keep it up guys, if you like,  but the more you do it the more you make yourselves look stupid in the eyes of everybody on the board.

Stick to talking about football then the board will be a better place.

I completely agree that negativity breeds negativity and that is never good but it is also part of Hughtons job to give us hope and I don''t think he was close in delivering on this in either premier league game this season.

All we want is a team that looks like it deserves to win a game in terms of ball retention and chances created we all understand it doesn''t mean we will win but it does give u something to support.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I completely agree that negativity breeds negativity and that is never good but it is also part of Hughtons job to give us hope and I don''t think he was close in delivering on this in either premier league game this season.

All we want is a team that looks like it deserves to win a game in terms of ball retention and chances created we all understand it doesn''t mean we will win but it does give u something to support.[/quote]

Did you go on Tuesday?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thanks to Chops and Yankee for bumping this thread.

I think I''ll bump it too from time to time, not because my op was good - I know it was too long winded and boring - but because this thread  is a prime example of the bad behaviour by  4 or 5 posters which keeps occurring on this board.   There were actually two or three attempts at proper replies, but, as usual, those were lost by those who were intent on spoiling.  

They like to think they are getting to me, but they are not.  All they are doing is showing themselves up in a bad light again. Keep it up guys, if you like,  but the more you do it the more you make yourselves look stupid in the eyes of everybody on the board.

[/quote]

At the time you posted this there had been 39 responses of which only one of them was an "attempt at a proper reply" from JF and no less than 14 of them were posts by you LDC. Obviously sleeping on it did you no good at all and off we go again today. [:(][:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thanks to Chops and Yankee for bumping this thread.I think I''ll bump it too from time to time, not because my op was good - I know it was too long winded and boring - but because this thread  is a prime example of the bad behaviour by  4 or 5 posters which keeps occurring on this board.   There were actually two or three attempts at proper replies, but, as usual, those were lost by those who were intent on spoiling. They like to think they are getting to me, but they are not.  All they are doing is showing themselves up in a bad light again. Keep it up guys, if you like,  but the more you do it the more you make yourselves look stupid in the eyes of everybody on the board. Stick to talking about football then the board will be a better place.[/quote]

At the time you posted this there had been 39 responses of which only one of them was an "attempt at a proper reply" from JF and no less than 14 of them were posts by you LDC. Obviously sleeping on it did you no good at all and off we go again today. [:(][:''(]

[/quote]No.  Off you go again.   Keep digging Til.

Yes I went on Tuesday anything like that on Saturday and you wont get any negativity from me. We passed the ball well and looked like we wanted to score in every attack, but it was against Bury who were spirited but not comparable to the test we face on Saturday.

Hopefully Wes will be that player on Saturday and not the one in the previous 2 games.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thanks to Chops and Yankee for bumping this thread.I think I''ll bump it too from time to time, not because my op was good - I know it was too long winded and boring - but because this thread  is a prime example of the bad behaviour by  4 or 5 posters which keeps occurring on this board.   There were actually two or three attempts at proper replies, but, as usual, those were lost by those who were intent on spoiling. They like to think they are getting to me, but they are not.  All they are doing is showing themselves up in a bad light again. Keep it up guys, if you like,  but the more you do it the more you make yourselves look stupid in the eyes of everybody on the board.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.  Off you go again.   Keep digging Til.

[/quote]

You must remind me who it was who had the last word on this thread at 11pm last night before getting up to have the first word on it this morning at 7.40am.

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/scoopshovel/media/gifs/diggingahole.gif.html][IMG]http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/scoopshovel/gifs/diggingahole.gif[/IMG][/URL]

I agree. Wes lost the ball a couple of times early on, but went on to run the show. I had to look at elmander twice to check we hadn''t resigned Holt. It was like watching a slightly leaner GH from 3 years ago. An amazing game that deserved a full CR.

I did read it all, LDC, and thought it made some very valid points, even if it was a bit long.

I think it can be argued that the negativity last season was a contributing factor to the results achieved and the anticipated negativity after two games will also have cancer-like affect on performances.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/scoopshovel/media/gifs/diggingahole.gif.html][IMG]http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/scoopshovel/gifs/diggingahole.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]

Nice hole, Til.  Make sure you don''t make it so deep you can''t get out.  I don''t think the NFB would be too pleased to have to come and haul you up....

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I did read it all, LDC, and thought it made some very valid points, even if it was a bit long.

I think it can be argued that the negativity last season was a contributing factor to the results achieved and the anticipated negativity after two games will also have cancer-like affect on performances.[/quote]

Thanks yellow,  I''d given up on it really, as I knew it was too long and turgid   - I''ve got too much time on my hands this week.   footballing wise, I think things will improve as the team gets better.  The negativity will soon disapppear when the team starts getting more consistent and passing the ball better.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Nice hole, Til.  Make sure you don''t make it so deep you can''t get out.  I don''t think the NFB would be too pleased to have to come and haul you up....

[/quote]

Obviously not going to answer my question then ?

Curious - seemingly co-ordinated trashing of a thread that had already died and was bumped specifically to trash it. And this has precisely what to do with NCFC or even football?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Nice hole, Til.  Make sure you don''t make it so deep you can''t get out.  I don''t think the NFB would be too pleased to have to come and haul you up....[/quote]

Obviously not going to answer my question then ?

[/quote]

Sigh.  Ask me a footballing question.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Sigh.  Ask me a footballing question.

[/quote]

And there you have it LDC because if anybody does not sing from your hymn sheet we end up back here again with you accusing people of trashing YOUR thread with YOUR views. The end result is you banging on and on which causes numerous posters to post tongue in cheek light hearted responses which you construe as abuse. May I refer you to Chops,Lappinitup and Yankee to name but 3 on this thread alone.I really think you need to take a chill pill and stop taking this so seriously.

Can''t you just let him bang on? I mean I opened his thread and closed it down one minute later as it looked like war and peace, but he''s entitled isn''t he? Live and let live, those who don''t mind will reply, each to their own.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Sigh.  Ask me a footballing question.[/quote]

And there you have it LDC because if anybody does not sing from your hymn sheet we end up back here again with you accusing people of trashing YOUR thread with YOUR views. The end result is you banging on and on which causes numerous posters to post tongue in cheek light hearted responses which you construe as abuse. May I refer you to Chops,Lappinitup and Yankee to name but 3 on this thread alone.I really think you need to take a chill pill and stop taking this so seriously.

[/quote]I love a little banter.  The Tuesday match thread was simply brilliant for that.   I know the "real" fans were at the match, but those that couldn''t make it had some fun too.   If you want to have a real laugh, look at that thread. I have not used the word "abuse" once on this thread as far as I am aware, but you have.  Banter is usually a two way thing, not several posters joining together to lampoon  one person.  

I''m quite chilled on this board these days and I don''t care if I  am a bit irritating or whatever - because my aim on here is to talk nothing but football and that''s all that matters to me.  I prefer to let other people look stupid - if that''s what you four  want to do, that''s fine by me.   Oh and if you find Yankee''s contributions humourous, then I am sorry for you.

Downloads,I think a wider principle is at stake here. Whatever you think of LDC''s originating post, it appears that there is an attempt to play the man and not the ball. LDC is pretty thick skinned, but there are way too many threads on this board being trashed or deleted. Surely, if you dont like a person''s style or views on a thread that they have started, it would be easy to ignore and then we save a lot of nonesene which clogs the board up.