Sign in to follow this  
Grandmaster

A leopard doesnt change its spots

I must say that too many people are clutching at straws a bit after the game yesterday. I went myself and i must say i was impressed with the attacking prowless on display. It was a good result too.

However it was against league 2 opposition. We should not get too confident. Can anybody remember last season AT ALL? Game after game of bore draws and all the time people saying "it will change". It never did did it?

So why should it change now? I bet to all of you that hughton will set up a team with negative tactics popped into their heads and the same crap will be repeated.

I dont know why. Hughton doesnt seem to think in the same way that us fans do. Maybe he thinks that the hull result was ''close''. Maybe he thinks that after bury we let in too many goals and should be more defensive?

I hope im wrong, but mark my words...i fear the worst.

Another thread for the exact same topic that is being raised over and over again, all over this board?

Seriously?

[quote user="Bws Cat "]facepalm[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-COMwuNQBDxE/T7JBSbSAZGI/AAAAAAAAAoM/B7V1JToROtU/s640/triplefacepalm.jpg

Not enough morty!

[quote user="Bws Cat "]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-COMwuNQBDxE/T7JBSbSAZGI/AAAAAAAAAoM/B7V1JToROtU/s640/triplefacepalm.jpg

Not enough morty![/quote]Ha![:D]

A leopard doesn''t change it''s spots, Ipswich don''t pay St John''s Ambulance.

Grandmaster, rather than trying to rattle our cage, why don''t you go and rattle a collection tin outside Mannings or the Golden Lion to try and raise the money your club stole from charities and local businesses.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]"your club stole from charities and local businesses. "

The scummers did that?

Fill me in.[/quote]When they went into administration they owed a lot of money, and they only ended up paying back a penny in the pound, most of the people they owed to were small local businesses that did work for the club in some respect, and most of them lost money. Small local businesses, largely staffed by people who were fans.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Aah I see morty. Thanks for that.

Another couple of reasons to hate the binners.[/quote]I rarely give them any thought these days, they have become that insignificant. There was a time when I would look to see how they got on, I don''t even bother now.

[quote user="Grandmaster"]I must say that too many people are clutching at straws a bit after the game yesterday. I went myself and i must say i was impressed with the attacking prowless on display. It was a good result too.

However it was against league 2 opposition. We should not get too confident. Can anybody remember last season AT ALL? Game after game of bore draws and all the time people saying "it will change". It never did did it?

So why should it change now? I bet to all of you that hughton will set up a team with negative tactics popped into their heads and the same crap will be repeated.

I dont know why. Hughton doesnt seem to think in the same way that us fans do. Maybe he thinks that the hull result was ''close''. Maybe he thinks that after bury we let in too many goals and should be more defensive?

I hope im wrong, but mark my words...i fear the worst.[/quote]

There is so much wrong with this ludicrous post. At Newcastle he set them up as a very attacking, and successful, side. At City last season he changed(his spots) to a much more defensive set up, which was definitely needed. With the new recruits I will expect us to be more attack minded withou the gung ho Lambert approach. In other words he is a pragmatic manager who is very capable of using the assets at his disposal to good effect. Last season those assets were defensive in nature.

[quote user="Grandmaster"]

I dont know why. Hughton doesnt seem to think in the same way that us fans do. [/quote]

because he is a professional football manager at one of the 20 best teams in the country...

thank god he doesnt think like a fan! we''d be dog and duck FC in weeks.