Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Well done to Yeovil! (Yeah I know, not Norwich related. Sue me)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23764050

I know it''s not Norwich related but I think this deserves more publicity. Wonderful sportsmanship from the Yeovil manager and squad.

Not sure the fans will be so pleased though!

Very poor from Yeovil. To only decide to gift the free goal 15mins after the incident and only after they had scored another to take the lead makes it embarrassing.

15 mins after it was a bit long yeah...but I guess it isn''t an easy choice to just decide to give away a goal.

To be fair, the original goal was scored when Birmingham had put the ball out for an injury on their own side that had been faked to waste time, so it was cheating on their part to begin with.

"To be fair, the original goal was scored when Birmingham had put the ball out for an injury on their own side that had been faked to waste time, so it was cheating on their part to begin with. "

Really?

That changes everything lol!

Yeah Yeovil basically cheated the goal.... then apparently they had a chat and decided to finally let Birmingham score (15mins after the original incident)

Strange story. The fact that the goal was let in when the scoreline has already changed  gives it an interesting twist. Reminds me of another fair play goal. The Ajax player scores unintentionally when returning the ball, then his team gives one away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pro7ZY-Xab8

splutcho wrote the following post at 28/08/2013 11:20 PM:

To be fair, the original goal was scored when Birmingham had put the ball out for an injury on their own side that had been faked to waste time, so it was cheating on their part to begin with.

ReadingCanary wrote the following post at 28/08/2013 11:38 PM:

Yeah Yeovil basically cheated the goal.... then apparently they had a chat and decided to finally let Birmingham score (15mins after the original incident)

If a Birmingham player had put the ball out of play because of an injury to a Yeovil player then there would be no problem.

The Birmingham keeper put the ball out because of a ''supposed'' injury to one of his own team (for which the physio did not come on to the pitch for as the player would have had to leave the pitch). As this was close to, or in, injury time, with Birmingham one goal up, was it a way of Birmingham trying to run the clock down by putting the ball out and then getting it back again?

Perhaps there is more to this than originally meets the eye.

No respect to Yeovil from me here in this incident. If you watch the highlights (which are on YouTube) they took advantage of Birmingham''s entire defence and goalkeeper all being out of position after the injury and it was clear everyone else on the pitch was anticipating the ball being returned. Bloke who scores then seems bemused why the entire Birmingham team rounds on him in fury!

They only let them score after the restart from the Yeovil goal in extra time on manager''s instructions at the time - the Yeovil players'' enthusiastic celebrations for their 3-2 goal show that they thought it was going to be the winner, not that they were anticipating standing still from the kick off.

It was Tom Adeyemi who scored the winning penalty (initially saved, but looped up and hit the dozy keeper lying on the line and went in!) and great celebrations from him sprinting up to the other end where their fans were.

No fan of Birmingham for obvious reasons but justice done here I think.

To be fair to the Yeovil player he took it quite well. It was a good finish.

Having been there watching it, the whole game turned into a farce. The fact the Brum keeper put the ball out of play for the ''injury'' (he was not injured!) was so blatantly a time-wasting ploy, Birmingham really had no right to be given the ball back ''sportingly''. Had the Birmingham keeper put the ball out for a yeovil player or there had been a genuine injury, then birmingham had absolutely every right to be furious. This was not the case.

Gary Johnson (yeovil manager) worsened the whole situation by allowing Birmingham to score 15mins after the original incident. He should have either given them the goal straight away (much like in 2004 against Plymouth in a very similar incident, thought he goal on this occasion was unintentional) or stick to his guns and not give them the goal (which he was perfectly in his right to do so). Basically Birmingham really had thereselves to blame but Yeovil really did not deal with the incident well.

On a side note, twice I have seen Tom Adeyemi this season and he has some serious talent. However, the way he conducted himself in both games at Yeovil this season is really quite dreadful. Considerable lack of respect towards the referee on both occasions and very lucky to still be on the field at the end of the game on Tuesday.