Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Under What Circumstances Should Hughton Be Sacked?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]You''re right Basil, he''ll never be Paul Lambert. The New Boy summed it up by admitting he''ll be happy as long as we''re winning games. All this "negative football" and "defensive formations" talk is ballocks - it''s all about winning. People continue to twist things to suit agendas, The New Boy just managed it on this thread by saying that last season apart from the ten game run and the last two games we were in relegation form - that''s conveniently discounting a third of the season - ridiculous. The final table is the fairest measure of last season and we finished 11th. What if we discounted 12 wins from Man Uniteds season? Where would they have finished with 36 less points? I can''t be arsed to look it up because you can''t just discount part of a season to suit an agenda, you can''t take points away because it doesn''t fit with your view. Hughton being sacked shouldn''t even be being discussed, he just led us to our highest league finish in 20 years and has just spent our biggest ever transfer budget, if there was any doubt about the boards feelings on his credentials they''d have sacked him before they let him spend that cash. Unless McNally isn''t as astute as he seems of course.[/quote]

Mmm not been on here very long have you?

Dembele''s best position is considered to be deep lying playmaker. At least that is the position he played most of his carreer in premier league. He can play everywhere in the midfield, but his long shot and vision comes best in effect as a regista.

Winger means attacking wide player, same as wing back means advanced wide defender. Wingers play at the level of attacking middlefielders and wide midfielders play at the level of central midfielders when in a formation.

We clearly have two wingers who play either level of Hoolahan or even front of him when it comes to our left wing.

Hopefuly this was helpful.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]You''re right Basil, he''ll never be Paul Lambert. The New Boy summed it up by admitting he''ll be happy as long as we''re winning games. All this "negative football" and "defensive formations" talk is ballocks - it''s all about winning.

People continue to twist things to suit agendas, The New Boy just managed it on this thread by saying that last season apart from the ten game run and the last two games we were in relegation form - that''s conveniently discounting a third of the season - ridiculous. The final table is the fairest measure of last season and we finished 11th. What if we discounted 12 wins from Man Uniteds season? Where would they have finished with 36 less points? I can''t be arsed to look it up because you can''t just discount part of a season to suit an agenda, you can''t take points away because it doesn''t fit with your view.

Hughton being sacked shouldn''t even be being discussed, he just led us to our highest league finish in 20 years and has just spent our biggest ever transfer budget, if there was any doubt about the boards feelings on his credentials they''d have sacked him before they let him spend that cash. Unless McNally isn''t as astute as he seems of course.[/quote]
Did you go to Hull away Warren Hill? 

And did you enjoy every match under Lambert New Boy? Like being tanked twice by Man Utd and ManCity and Liverpool and so on. This is the PL, ffs. It will be a struggle with some setbacks, but CH has assembled an excellent squad of players. Look at Hull yes, and look at last night as well and in both cases realise it isn''t just about a single game.

Well can you get on with it....?

I go to the football because I love it. I love going to Carrow Road with my son, just like my Dad used to take me, sharing the experience with him, going through the highs and lows. I love going away because everywhere you go is a different experience and the people I travel with are good company.

When you''ve been going as long as I have (maybe you have, I don''t know) you learn to appreciate the highs because you''ve lived through the lows. Something I''m finding difficult with my son, keeping his feet on the ground as he has been largely spoilt as we have enjoyed a succession of successful seasons coinciding with his starting to attend.

Why do you go?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]And did you enjoy every match under Lambert New Boy? [/quote]
I never said I have to enjoy every match, but I''d like to enjoy at least 1 in 4 if possible and it seldom felt like I did last year. This season is a new season, we will see how it goes, but on the long drive back from Hull I seriously questioned the time and money that I invest in this ''entertainment'' because it felt like last season again. 
If you felt entertained last season then great, I''m happy for you. I didn''t, I thought it was a boring season with mostly dire negative football. I''ve already said that I will be patient this season and will leave it 10-12 games, and that the Hughton-outers are being ridiculous, but the Hull game gave me a renewed sense of pessimism. 
[quote] Look at Hull yes, and look at last night as well and in both cases realise it isn''t just about a single game.[/quote]
I do realise that, which is why I have expressly stated that the Hughton-outers are being far too rash, that I will wait until the 10th to 12th game before making a full judgement on whether I feel like I''m being sufficiently entertained to continue to justify the financial investment. 

[quote user="Warren Hill"] Why do you go? [/quote]
Well I used to go because I love the buzz, the banter, the excitement, to appreciate beautiful football, to see an occasional world class goal. Last season I didn''t feel like I got much of any of that. 
For large parts of last season I went to home games for no other reason than I''d already paid for them. As for the away games, I have no idea how I kept getting roped into going to those but I will going to far fewer this season if it means travelling hundreds of miles and shelling out £100 to £150 to watch ninety minutes of dross. We shall have to wait and see how that plays out won''t we. 

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Try the cinema[/quote]
No thanks I love football, but I might try non-league when Norwich are away from home. The Norwich which we saw last season are not the Norwich that I was brought up on. We used to try and play attacking football and would try and win every game. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Warren Hill"] Why do you go? [/quote]
Well I used to go because I love the buzz, the banter, the excitement, to appreciate beautiful football, to see an occasional world class goal. Last season I didn''t feel like I got much of any of that. 
For large parts of last season I went to home games for no other reason than I''d already paid for them. As for the away games, I have no idea how I kept getting roped into going to those but I will going to far fewer this season if it means travelling hundreds of miles and shelling out £100 to £150 to watch ninety minutes of dross. We shall have to wait and see how that plays out won''t we. 
[/quote]Would you say that could be described as "Fickle" or "Fairweather" at all?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Try the cinema[/quote]
If you went to the cinema forty times in a year and felt that only nine of the films were worth the time and money then you would stop going to the cinema. 
If you went to your local pub forty times in a year and only enjoyed yourself ten times, then you would stop going to your local pub.
I''m not the only Norwich fan who questioned their dedication last season. 

You''ve either got a crap memory, a selective memory, only just started going or you''ve got some gaping holes in your attendance record.

You are completely right though TNB, if you don''t enjoy it don''t go. The money you save you could afford a season ticket at The Emirates - all the pretty football in the world there. Max yourself out.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]You''ve either got a crap memory, a selective memory, only just started going or you''ve got some gaping holes in your attendance record.[/quote]
I have a one and half year gap in a 24 year attendance record which has seen me own 21 season tickets and visit over 50 of the current football league grounds, I''ve never been to an English game which didn''t involve Norwich. 
Apparently I should be satisfied with what we were served last season because saying otherwise makes me "fairweather". Your opinion can differ, but I''m paying for my football not you. You are paying for yours. I''m glad that you were a satisfied customer last year, I spent game after game wishing that I was somewhere else. 
Perhaps it is you with a crap memory. We scored 4 goals in one 10 game run. We didn''t score a single goal in four games in March (I went to every game that month) and only one team in the league scored less goals than us. We won 2 away games out of 18 all season and were the third worst team for number of passes last season, because we never had possession. Being a Norwich fan last season was almost as boring as being a Stoke fan. 
But if you enjoyed it then good for you, I don''t have to pretend to have enjoyed it though do I?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]You are completely right though TNB, if you don''t enjoy it don''t go. The money you save you could afford a season ticket at The Emirates - all the pretty football in the world there. Max yourself out.[/quote]
You said something sensible, and then you ruined it by having a dig. 
I''m just saying that I didn''t enjoy last season, and if you did then good for you. I hope for a more enjoyable season this year, and if I don''t enjoy it more then I probably will take your first bit of advice. Only in three years I''d have enough to travel the world for six months and perhaps that would be a better use of my money because I am disillusioned with English football and the ''business'' of it all, profit before entertainment, the complete lack of atmosphere and banter, and I''m not the only person to think it.
Even on here if you dare suggest going on a cup run and getting to Wembley you are shot down because it might jeopardise our place in the Premier League and the £60m in Sky money. Because fans today are involved in following a business not a football team, when the fans think that 17th is more important than winning an FA cup then you know that football has died. 

"I''ve never been to an English game which didn''t involve Norwich"
Actually that''s a lie, can remember a few now. 

If that''s really the case, just a 1 and a half year gap then you''re a liar.

Because we were crap for years. Absolute crap.

If you found last season less appealing than watching the likes of the tripe we produced under Hamilton or Grant or Roeder or Gunn. If you were having more fun watching the likes of Shaun Carey, Raymond De Waard, Neale Fenn, Des Hamilton, Garry Brady, Fernando Derveld, Keith Scott, Brian McGovern then I''m confused.

How about a bit more recently? Alan Gow, David Mooney, Andy Hughes, Matty Pattison, David Carney, Mark Fotheringham....that was entertaining wasn''t it?

We were sh1t.

The football was sh1t and if you''re honestly saying that last season was worse than that with wins against Man U, Man C, Spurs in the cup, the 3-4 against Man C, the 4-3 against Swansea, leading at the Emirates only to get done late on, last gasp winner against Everton, then I feel sorry for you and think you''d be better off not going because you obviously don''t appreciate what is in front of you.

It''s not League 1 anymore old son, we aren''t going to roll teams over home or away, we can''t go at every game with a you score 2 we''ll get 5 attitude. Staying up is the be all and end all, your "entertainment" don''t pay the bills.

[quote user="lake district canary"]he should be sacked is if  the development stops and the consistent fluid football he is known for doesn''t materisalise. [/quote]

What !

I really hope he finds a way to play fluid consistent football I wont be putting money on it though.

10 points + in first 10 games or goodbye, however they are achieved. Would prefer inspiring attacking football at home and solid counter attacking football away.

I am trying to remember games I actually enjoyed last season looking back its certainly less than 5 I hope for more this season

"If that''s really the case, just a 1 and a half year gap then you''re a liar.

Because we were crap for years. Absolute crap.

If you found last season less appealing than watching the likes of the tripe we produced under Hamilton or Grant or Roeder or Gunn. If you were having more fun watching the likes of Shaun Carey, Raymond De Waard, Neale Fenn, Des Hamilton, Garry Brady, Fernando Derveld, Keith Scott, Brian McGovern then I''m confused.

How about a bit more recently? Alan Gow, David Mooney, Andy Hughes, Matty Pattison, David Carney, Mark Fotheringham....that was entertaining wasn''t it?

We were sh1t.

The football was sh1t and if you''re honestly saying that last season was worse than that with wins against Man U, Man C, Spurs in the cup, the 3-4 against Man C, the 4-3 against Swansea, leading at the Emirates only to get done late on, last gasp winner against Everton, then I feel sorry for you and think you''d be better off not going because you obviously don''t appreciate what is in front of you.

It''s not League 1 anymore old son, we aren''t going to roll teams over home or away, we can''t go at every game with a you score 2 we''ll get 5 attitude. Staying up is the be all and end all, your "entertainment" don''t pay the bills."

Where''s that clappy smiley?

I have been supporting city since the late 70s and can certainly agree that over the last 35+ years we have had some good and bad teams (some very bad) but I do not recall too many that played such coma inducing football as we did at times last year.

I was fully behind keeping CH regardless of anything to the end of last season and truly hope he finds some formations that allow us to actually take the game to our opponents (when appropriate) instead of relying solely on counter attacking (especially when teams come to carrow rd and don''t even attack ie Newcastle last year)

I continue to be concerned that CH is overly cautious and for some reason doesn''t seem to have a plan B.

I really hope he gets it right, seems like a great guy but his attitude last Saturday cannot be seen again. Team selection a joke , changes when up against 10 men unforgiveable.

Start learning from mistakes and he just might be able to make it work .

[quote user="Warren Hill"]If that''s really the case, just a 1 and a half year gap then you''re a liar. [/quote]
Lying about what? I said last year bored me. It did. That isn''t a lie. 
[quote] Because we were crap for years. Absolute crap. [/quote]
Yes, yes we were. 
[quote] If you found last season less appealing than watching the likes of the tripe we produced under Hamilton or Grant or Roeder or Gunn. [/quote]
I never said that. 
[quote] If you were having more fun watching the likes of Shaun Carey, Raymond De Waard, Neale Fenn, Des Hamilton, Garry Brady, Fernando Derveld, Keith Scott, Brian McGovern then I''m confused. [/quote]
I never said that.
[quote] The football was sh1t and if you''re honestly saying that last season was worse than that David Mooney [/quote]
I never said that.
[quote] with wins against Man U, Man C, Spurs in the cup, the 3-4 against Man C, the 4-3 against Swansea, leading at the Emirates only to get done late on, last gasp winner against Everton [/quote]
So basically two months of the season were decent. 
[quote] then I feel sorry for you [/quote]
Keep your pity to yourself. 
[quote] and think you''d be better off not going [/quote]
I probably would be. 
[quote] because you obviously don''t appreciate what is in front of you. [/quote]
Obviously I didn''t, Carrow Road like a mortuary, lucky to get one chance at goal in a game, four Norwich goals in ten games, 2 wins in 18 away from home. I''m glad you enjoyed it Warren I really am, I say that sincerely. I didn''t. I say that honestly. 
[quote] It''s not League 1 anymore old son [/quote]
Really? I didn''t realise ''dad''. 
[quote] we aren''t going to roll teams over home or away [/quote]
We were the second lowest scorers in the league. I''m not asking to for us to roll people over, but getting more than one shot on goal in a game isn''t too much to ask. We were terrible last season, we were boring to watch, boring to play against, and Grant Holt pretty much said it himself. He was right, good on him for getting out. I feel sorry for Van Wolfswinkel, potentially world class striker and he is going to be feeding on scraps all season. 
[quote] we can''t go at every game with a you score 2 we''ll get 5 attitude [/quote]
Yes we can. 
[quote] Staying up is the be all and end all, your "entertainment" don''t pay the bills.[/quote]
^^^ This sums up how I feel. You are right in everything that you say (asides from the fact that I never said half of the things that you claim I did). I''m not interested in the business anymore and if staying up "is the be all and end all" then I''ve had it after this season has finished, what else do you want me to say? 

"...what else do you want me to say?"

You can start with where your seat is. I might want to move next season.

I wasn''t quoting you was I?

You said that you used to go to the football to appreciate beautiful football, to see an occasional world class goal but felt that last season let you down on that front.

Now, as you know fully well, the examples I gave are to point out to you that prior to last seasons "dross" we have had vastly inferior teams, playing vastly inferior football. In fact, for the majority of your supporting life, we''ve been pretty bad. Now you may have been spoiled early on like my son is, perhaps you started watching in the halcyon days of the late 80s and early 90s but we haven''t played anything like that style of football in the interim years - certainly not to the same standard. So I find your boring football jibes and whines about lack of entertainment to be insincere and just a little bit "tinpot". The inference you''ve made is that this is the worst you''ve watched since being a supporter, if you feel like that and can''t appreciate the talent in the squad, I honestly think you''d be better off not going. Find a hobby that you enjoy, maybe take up a sport, read a good book. Just find something else to do because currently you''re wasting your money and your seat is going to waste.

There is a glaring error here.

Let judge said he wants to enjoy at least 1 in 4 games. I should point out that this is relative and that draws can be just as satisfying as wins in some situations, however the best is yet to come.

Earlier in this thread let judge suggested the ten game unbeaten run and the last two games of the season were enjoyable.

Now I only got a B for maths . . . . .

One of my most memorable moments was a game against palace. We eventually lost by a single goal, it was the late 90''s and the first time I had sat in the lower Barclay close to the away fans. The banter between fans was good fun and devoid of bad taste. I enjoyed it so much the result almost didn''t matter.

Sometimes it is just being there that makes Footy so special.

Lambert''s football was fun in the same way WWE is. I never felt there was a high level of tactical thought like Wenger or Fergie, but that there was a game plan.

When up against tactically superior teams we looked like being shredded. In quite a few we were. The diamond midfield looked precarious. It worked but it wasn''t sustainable.

I enjoy the more thoughtful part of football as much as the pure entertainment side of it. I like to see how Hughton has planned and lined the team up tactically.

Last season he experimented more than people give him credit for. He found that in most cases our squad was skin deep.

This season he has strengthened our options but as of yet has been robbed of choice.

Fee, Hooper, Pills, Snodders and Web missing for the first game and not really ready for the 2nd is hard.

But imagine missing all of those players at any one time last season. Who would have played in their place? Would that team have drawn with Everyone?

[quote user="Warren Hill"] The inference you''ve made is that this is the worst you''ve watched since being a supporter. [/quote]
I can see no point in continuing to converse with you if you insist on continuing to put words into my mouth. If I thought that last season was the worst that I''ve watched as a supporter then I would have said so. I didn''t say so. 
I spent £4000 on football days last season. You are comparing last season with the Bryan Hamilton reign. I had an under 21 season ticket that year, I didn''t go to away games. I''m getting to watch Premier League teams but I am paying Premier League prices.
I don''t really see what your issue is here, what is your problem? I''m telling you that I was bored last season, do we need to have a big debate about that or can you shut up now?