Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

The most Important Norwich player.

Talksport (I Know.....) did a thingy the other night. 2 players who will be vital for each Premier League side this seasonThey went for Bassong and WolfswinkelIf you had to pick just one player however who we couldn''t go an entire season without?Bassong is probably most peoples choice... but what about Snodgrass? Ruddy? and we will of course all be expecting goals from Hooper and RVW.For me... I think Ruddy is the one player we couldn''t go an entire season without. Bunn was good last season but if Ruddy had missed the entire season..... I''m unsure as to whether we would have picked up the wins against Arsenal and Man Utd

Has to be Bassong and Ruddy. RVW may be our ''best'' player (see what this year brings) but Hooper and Elmander could fill the void. Ruddy and Bassong have proven how important they are when they don''t play!

Got to be Snodgrass for me. When he''s fully fit he''s the most creative player we have and his assists/set pieces are invaluable.

Agree that Ruddy has to be one of them - especially after watching the cup game.  All the attacking positions I think we have good level of competition, the midfield I don''t think there is a stand out player ahead of everyone else, so the second has to be Bassong.  I think this is partly about him, but more about the lack of depth in defence.

Arsenal - Wilshire, Cazorla

Aston Villa - Benteke, Guzan

Chelsea - Cole, Lampard

Cardiff - Bellamy, Medel

Crystal Palace - Murray, Speroni

Everton - Fellaini, Baines

Fulham - Hangeland, Berbatov

Hull - Huddlestone, Davies

Liverpool - Agger, Gerrard

Man United - Van Persie, Vidic

Man City - Yaya Toure, Kompany

Newcastle - Ben Arfa, Demba Cisse

Norwich - Ruddy, Bassong

Southampton - Osvaldo, Lambert

Stoke - Begovic, Shawcross

Sunderland - Sessegnon, O Shea

Swansea - Michu, Williams

Tottenham - Bale (still there), Soldado

WBA - Mulumbu, Olsson

West Ham - Carroll, Diame

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hate to be pedantic, bu the op asked for just one player. 

[/quote]Very trueIt''s a tough one isn''t it!Picking that one player. We have 3-4 who are so vital !

Ruddy.... it was obvious last season.

Bunn is Excellent, but he''s not Ruddy.. not his fault and not a criticsm....

Without Ruddy we are a much poorer side.. our bad run coincided with losing him last year.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ruddy.... it was obvious last season.

Bunn is Excellent, but he''s not Ruddy.. not his fault and not a criticsm....

Without Ruddy we are a much poorer side.. our bad run coincided with losing him last year.[/quote]How many games did Ruddy actually play last season. I can''t remember.

[quote user="Grif"]Got to be Snodgrass for me. When he''s fully fit he''s the most creative player we have and his assists/set pieces are invaluable.[/quote]

I think Snodgrass is a bit of an interesting one. No doubt he''s a good player but did he stand out last year because in general we weren''t overly attacking in nature?

I thought Pilkington was better in his first season with us than Snodgrass was last season.

It''ll be interesting to see how they both do this time out - hopefully Pilkington can have a good run without any injury problems.

Has to be Ruddy. His playing the last games gave our whole team a lift and with it the points to obtain safety. Bunn is an able understudy but no more.

Has to be Ruddy for me too. Bad miss last season even though Bunn was, as Star said, able. Ruddy is probably our best player. England''s no.2 goalkeeper. His loss probably cost us quite a few points last season.

Anyway, that''s what I see at the games but from what I read on here it''s Fox.

Bassong for me because the whole defence falls apart when he''s absent.

Ruddy a close second. i was surprised how much we missed him last year.

I''m not even that convinced RVW will be our first choice striker once Hooper gets going.

Had to think about this one.

Best I would definitely say is Ruddy.

But most important, Bassong. As said above, when he''s gone the defence doesn''t look anywhere near as good, whereas we get by without Ruddy.

My brother actually asked me this the other day (he''s a Villa fan). I went with Ruddy, but the more I think about it and the more I think about last season, I think the answer could be Pilks. I think we missed him terribly last season, both as a creative force and a goal scorer. We will see on that front. For now though, Big John Ruddy!

[quote user="Jim Smith"] I''m not even that convinced RVW will be our first choice striker once Hooper gets going.[/quote]

From the little I''ve seen of RVW and from the fair amount I''ve seen of Hooper in the past I would be very surprised if RVW is not first choice.