Sign in to follow this  
Born Yellow!

Final Transfers - Who and Where?

Just been thinking about the final few days of the window and I think we need a couple more players to secure another season in the BPL.

I know its been mentioned before but I certainly think we should get Alfred Finnbogason, i think that one last striker would ensure if anyone does get injured then we would be ok.

Also one more defender, if Bassong is going to struggle with injuries this season I think we need to capture one quality piece to complete the jigsaw? maybe Alderweireld, at the right price?

THOUGHTS?

Quality centre back needed, then send Ayala on loan, upgrade on Becchio/ a more attacking mid type of forward. We already have Hooper and RVW competing for that poacher slot.

Apparently Cardiff have been told to pay £8.6 million for Finnbogason by Heerenveen. Sadly this one simply isn''t going to happen.

diderot44 wrote the following post at 28/08/2013 12:49 PM:

"Apparently Cardiff have been told to pay £8.6 million for Finnbogason by Heerenveen. Sadly this one simply isn''t going to happen."

We could afford him but don''t need him. We already have four CFs at the Club.

[quote user="Fletch"]

Just been thinking about the final few days of the window and I think we need a couple more players to secure another season in the BPL.

I know its been mentioned before but I certainly think we should get Alfred Finnbogason, i think that one last striker would ensure if anyone does get injured then we would be ok.

Also one more defender, if Bassong is going to struggle with injuries this season I think we need to capture one quality piece to complete the jigsaw? maybe Alderweireld, at the right price?

THOUGHTS?

[/quote]

What''s the BPL then?

More seriously though, I''d say a CB in case Bass is injured, but I think we''ll stay with our current crop and I''m thinking Bennett will play more if he shakes off this knock as he had a good game by all accounts and he was good towards the end of last year. Thinking that we''ll get cover for Snoddy (maybe this Troisi lad?) and possibly still after an attacking mid

That Finnbogason would be class, but don''t think we''re after a striker unless we shift Becchio

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]British Premier League, got the keep the Swansea and Cardiff fans happy.[/quote]English and Welsh football pyramid  ;) Wales was still annexed to England at that point in history.

A CB for sure, not some muppet  though. I for one will be pant wetting if Bassong is out for any length of time. Also a No10 but I fear the longer we wait the less chance this will happen, anyone good anyway.
Butterfield will leave IMO, most likely a loan but I wouldn''t cry if he was sold. He just does not seem to be in Hughtons plans or we would have seen him in the squad for the Bury game I reckon. Ayala also for a loan move but this will depend if we have someone lined up, he could stay as backup if we don''t sign anyone.

i think 1/2 of europe are waiting for the bale transfer to be finalised, the bigger clubs (arsenal/utd/spurs) will swoop for the likes of ozil,di maria, benzema,modric and whoever else madrid decide to get rid of to pay for him, and then we will see players filter down through the division.Theres some cagey games being played at the top atm with teams hedging their bets partly to stall/limit the time their competitors have to strengthen

personally would really like to see kyle naughton back on loan and a.n other attacking mid/playmaker

Well I think centre back is an area we need and McNally and Hughton will be working hard on that one. Bassong looked like he had little niggles yesterday while getting full fitness.

I think we need another attacking midfielder, either wide or in the hole. We need that spark as that is where our weakness has been. Hoolahan is looking less likely to be that player in the long term and for the role we need him to do each and every game.

I would look at another winger, I worry about pilky''s injury record and think we need that position filled at some point maybe next summer and the same goes with right back and back up goalie of some higher stature than bunn. But again that is 12 months off.

Right now centre half, attacking midfielder is what we need, without we will be aware of both those short comings, in my opinion.

We know that McNally and the team will be working behind the scenes.

I think we have done a lot of business but we could do with that little more to really set us up for this season and not leave unfinished business to January.

Of course the player and opposing team need to want to leave but hopefully with the research we are putting in we can bring in some key additions now. I am looking forward to the end of the window we have been busy but there are still players in our squad who are short of what we need.

A CB would be the priority imo, we have class up front now... I don''t think we have to expect too much ... maybe a wide player on loan for Benno

Someone wih goals from No10 could transform this squad.

No sign of Hooper or Elmander being played there (yet) they could be the answer but I still like the idea of a Toivonen or similar.

Still think this is critical for success this season

Confused why we didn''t go for Curtis Davies when we had the chance for cover at CB maybe we are looking at getting a starter in. If we can''t make it happen I am happy with Ayala as cover.

Everything seems to have gone quiet on Frederic Sorensen. The last I heard was that we were in competition with another EPL side, perhaps Southampton. He''s a very good young CB. IF we don''t sign a CB we shall certainly need one before long. The Bassong knees and Turner lack  of pace are a cause for concern. Ayala seems to be escaping and Bennett seems to be developing very slowly. I think that we could become vulnerable here.

My own concern is in the midfield. We progress very often down the wing, but Snoddy is not blessed with great pace. The result is that by the time we get into the final third the opposing defence has got back into position.. We need someone able to provide a defence-splitting pass for RvW, Hooper or Elmander to run on to with a yard or two start on the slowly turning opposing CB. I hope that Fer may provide some of this, but we need another central midfielder who has the vision of Wes at his best, but who is also able to provide defensive capability (- sorry Wes and David Fox) Such players, of course, command a high fee.

I just think that although we have signed some quality the signs have always been there that CH is after a CB and a no 10. I think we can get away without another winger but that no 10 is a must. Still think Toivonen will appear and wouldn''t be surprised with a Mancienne type. Don''t like the silence but suggests to me summit is brewing

I know Spurs are in for him, but can you believe Ajax only want £8-£12 million for Christian Eriksen? Fantasy land I know but he would be awesome behind RvW...wages always an issue but I''d rather have someone like him and not bring in another CB if it meant having that creative spark between midfield and attack.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]I know Spurs are in for him, but can you believe Ajax only want £8-£12 million for Christian Eriksen? Fantasy land I know but he would be awesome behind RvW...wages always an issue but I''d rather have someone like him and not bring in another CB if it meant having that creative spark between midfield and attack.[/quote]

He wants a huge wage and high profile club. Great player and great ego. Bit same situation that is with Keisuke Honda

From bassongs recent injury record, he looks like he''s entering ledley Kingdom. Have the kouyate rumours died down because he would be an excellent signing.

[quote user="Skerritt"]From bassongs recent injury record, he looks like he''s entering ledley Kingdom. Have the kouyate rumours died down because he would be an excellent signing.[/quote]

Interesting choice of words!...