Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Vaughan .....Becchio both given no chance here.

Take a look at this newspaper report on James Vaughan.

Can''t help thinking we made a big mistake with him. Becchio, is getting similar treatment, this could be heading for another mistake if he leaves without us knowing just how good he could be.

Must be a clash in the personality dept!! Or he is lazy in training. Otherwise its hard to work it out.

Interested in other views on this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/life-beyond-the-premier-league-james-vaughan-starts-to-deliver-on-youthful-promise-after-finally-staying-injuryfree-8788665.html

why do people keep going on about vaughan?  he was 5h1t3, injury prone and never did enough to prove he could be a 15/20 goal a season PREMIER LEAGUE strikergood luck to him but even if he was still here he wouldnt get anything but an occasional place on the bench and a lot of reserve/development games

theres a group on here that constantly harp on about players like mcdonald, vaughan, oli johnson, etc when in reality the only one we might/should possibly regret getting rid of was the former captain who actually knew where the damn goal was

It seems we let Vaughan go for less that he''s worth (less than a million reported) but I guess his injury record has always meant he''s a risk. He''s banging the goals in for Huddersfield but may get injured again any time soon, who knows! I can understand Hughton not wanting a player in the squad with that injury record hanging over his head....

Becchio, imo, was a stupid signing. Pretty much a panic buy as we were obviously looking at Hooper and RVW at the same time. As has been said on here a multitude of times, it was to get Morison out of the door. I do think it''s a waste keeping Becchio here if he''s only gonna get 20 odd minutes in a league cup game. I think the one upfront thing and the fact Becchio isn''t as quick footed as Hooper / RVW is the reason he doesn''t get games in the premier league.

Why is it easier to make up a conspiracy theory, rather than just believe that a player just isn''t good enough?Seriously, who was the last player we let go, and actually went onto bigger and better things?Dean Ashton?

Why can''t people understand that becchio was signed purely as a way of getting rid of Steve Morison, who clearly wasn''t happy here? We got a like for like player who wasn''t going to disrupt the harmony of the squad.

It wasn''t a panic buy.

Vaughan was constantly injured and didn''t want to be down here. Why keep him?

I think it would''ve been too risky to keep Vaughan both in terms of injuries and his ability to get goals in this league. If we''re going into the season with 4 strikers, having one that you''re not quite sure can stay fit and score you goals isn''t that smart. We did the right thing. Take the £1m we got for him and move on.

Oh and with regards to Becchio. Feel for him. Hasn''t been given many chances at all. Seems like it was actually a panic buy because we missed out on Hooper last January. Shame for him, but we should do what''s right for his career and move him on.

It is quite frankly laughable that people are bemoaning Vaughan leaving as being some disastrous decision - I wish him all the best of fortune, but if anyone thinks he is better than RVW, Hooper or Elmander (and indeed, Becchio), they need their head seeing to. Of course fortunes may change, but for where he and we currently are, it really was a no brainier for both parties that he left.

I actually agree on Becchio. He deserved a chance in the second half of last season.
We weren''t scoring goals, Kei Kamara was one of the most overrated players in our history, and Becchio had scored 19 Championship goals in half a season. 
I disagree with Vaughan, are you saying that we should have played an injured player? He had one year to show his worth and didn''t stay fit. That''s the only chance you get in the Premier League. 
I do feel sorry for Becchio though, bet he wish he had stayed at Leeds. Two starts is pathetic, that little layoff to Howson against West Brom showed how intelligible he is and I think he would have a lot to offer a team in this division. 

How come you guys can say you are fed up reading  about Vaughan yet when I say it I get jumped on.[:@]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

How come you guys can say you are fed up reading  about Vaughan yet when I say it I get jumped on.[:@]

[/quote]

Abuse! Abuse! Tilly''s been abused! Send for the forum police.....................Oh...............[:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Abuse! Abuse! Tilly''s been abused! Send for the forum police.....................Oh...............[:)]

[/quote]Please stick to talking about football. Thank you.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Abuse! Abuse! Tilly''s been abused! Send for the forum police.....................Oh...............

[:)][/quote]Please stick to talking about football. Thank you.

[/quote]

Sorry.  Couldn''t resist![:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Abuse! Abuse! Tilly''s been abused! Send for the forum police.....................Oh...............

[:)][/quote]Please stick to talking about football. Thank you.

[/quote]

Sorry.  Couldn''t resist![:)]

[/quote]Me neither [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Abuse! Abuse! Tilly''s been abused! Send for the forum police.....................Oh...............

[:)]

[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Chelsage/media/troll.jpg.html][IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/Chelsage/troll.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ahhh. Another poster who can give it out, but can''t take it back.  Surprise, surprise.

[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/cdw95tt/media/Forum%20Messages/pot-kettle.jpg.html][IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/cdw95tt/Forum%20Messages/pot-kettle.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

"Wings of a Sparrow"Oli Johnson?

Haven''t seen his name mentioned in ages.

Doesn''t seem to have a team sadly. Thought he would do ok for a lower league team.

James Vaughan is having a fantastic start to his full Huddersfield career - fans I know rave about him and rightly so he is banging in the goals. Did he have a crack of the whip here? Well yes he did, in training when he wasn''t injured. In that time the management team didn''t see enough in him to warrant keeping him. Couple that with his homesickness and how injury prone he is, it was best for us to let him go.I like the whole debate and I want to see him do well, I genuinely do. In my opinion though, he wasn''t needed by us and it''s not our loss how well he is doing now, he couldn''t deliver that in yellow.

-- morty: Why is it easier to make up a conspiracy theory, rather than just believe that a player just isn''t good enough?

Well exactly, Vaughan had a lot of running in him, but didn''t look anything special, and was injured all the time. That he has done well at Championship Huddersfield is great for him, it clearly was not going to happen here.

As for Becchio, we never really wanted him. Morison wanted to leave us, Becchio wanted to move from Leeds. If we moved on Moro, we needed a replacement in case of injuries. I guess the feeling was, take the swap and see what happens.