Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Watford (A) in the CC cup

Quite remarkable that after 24 hours since the fixture got pulled out of the hat that not one of us has mentioned it (I think) on here. It either means that a) we''ve come so far that the cc cup means nothing to us, or b) we have seemed to forget that every game means something to a NCFC fan...or a mix of the two?

I personally think it will be a great test for us. A competitive fixture using a mixture of our first X1 and fringe players against an upper Championship side who play a decent game (crazy to say that of Watford eh?)...i''ll definitely be going.

Does anyone know if away supporters get 50 points added to the new points system...or is it only prem games? I think NCFC have missed another trick if not. This is the only competition that we have any real chance of winning this season.

aha! Cheers Reading...thrown by the title. I thought it was a thread from the talented Mason throwing down a "Jim''ll paint it" challenge on who could best turn out a likeness of the ''85 cup in MS paint.

the cc cup ?

There''s a coincidence, as we have drawn Watfotrd away in the League Cup as it hasn''t been mentioned before

Perhaps the cc cup is for the juniors or something as it hasn''t been mentioned before

Can''t wait! First visit 1972. Last visit in 2011. With loads in between. Only seen us win once though and that was 2004!

Perhaps John Deehan may fancy a run out...

Yes... Francis and McKenzie [Y]

Drew 1-1 in 1972.. Dave Stringer! We finished top and I think they finished bottom but we didn''t beat them at home either drawing that 1-1 too!

"Can''t wait! First visit 1972"

have a scan here, I''m nearer the ''front''

[quote user="Houston Canary"]That must be 71 if we played there first and home later.[/quote]

No Houston it was the last game of the season having won promotion the previous Monday night at Leyton Orient.

All,

I will be going to Watford away, I work in South Quay near Canary Wharf and finish at 4pm. So once fixture date is confirmed are there any London based canaries going up and want to meet up somewhere for a beer then head up to Watford Junction which I am sure we will frequent the Flag pub I think.

Sole canary from my office so travelling up there on me tod.....

Maybe get a meet up sorted??

Ian