Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Bruised Shin!!

you''ve never had a bruise eh? they''re terrible.....they go like a really dark blue/purple colour...

''its like nothing i''ve ever seen'' says my 3 year old self

It''s more serious than first thought.............

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Peaches1950/media/crutches.gif.html][IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/Peaches1950/crutches.gif[/IMG][/URL]

It depends how badly bruised it is, it is probably the bone that is bruised too. That takes a couple of days to be able to put weight on. Gary Hooper is a premiership footballer and needs to be up to full speed. We are not too short on strikers that can do a better job than a 70% fit Gary Hooper and so there is no need to rush him back. He hasn''t ran for 2 weeks until yesterday and so while the injury may have subsided, the effects to his match fitness will still be apparent.

Next week he''ll be on the bench.

Three questions:

1). If you play having a known bruised shin won''t the other team target it and kick it hard ?

2). If kicked hard on a bruised shin won''t it hurt and possibly stop you playing?

3). Isn''t it better to let it heal and avoid 1) and 2) above?

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Does it really take this long to get over a bruised shin!!![/quote]
There is a huge difference between between bruised flesh (almost painless) and a bruised bone (agony). Can take a long time for the pain to subside. I wouldn''t recommend badly bruising your heel, it is painful enough to require crutches. Badly bruise a bone and you will be straight down the hospital for x-rays to check for fractures, guarantee you that. 
But this does beg the question..... how effective are shin pads these days?

It''s one thing to recover from bruising sufficiently to walk, and even run, but it''s another thing to play a game where you may suffer a knock on the same leg! And if you are recovering, you tend to shield your wound. I am encouraged that CH said that GH would be doing light training, probably later this week, or was it next? If so, his general fitness shouldn''t be too bad and he could be only a couple of weeks away from being available.

[quote user="Salopian"]It''s one thing to recover from bruising sufficiently to walk, and even run, but it''s another thing to play a game where you may suffer a knock on the same leg! And if you are recovering, you tend to shield your wound. I am encouraged that CH said that GH would be doing light training, probably later this week, or was it next? If so, his general fitness shouldn''t be too bad and he could be only a couple of weeks away from being available.[/quote]Exactly this. To say they were worried it was a fracture at first shows how much bruising there must have been. Can take a good amount of time for battered flesh/swelling to settle down