Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Harry Kane

Just seen he''s come on for Tottenham. Can''t believe that they kept him. With all the money they got, then surely they don''t need him. Must have shown AVB something he failed to show us?

I know it''s fashionable to laugh at Harry Kane but that really is hindsight. Clearly, taking Kane was a risk but given that other options had fallen through like Frazier Campbell, it was a risk worth taking.

Kane shows the fine line between success and failure in lite sport. His time with us was defined by that chance against West Ham. He fluffed it and flopped. Had he taken the chance his confidence and his reputation would have grown, we would have two more points and the whole season would have been different.

Every game has many such moments. Often they pass without notice. Sometimes they are hugely significant. Kane''s career with us turned on one moment which for him was a moment of failure.

Narrow margins between glory and the ordinary.

Yeah, I think he''ll probably make a decent enough career for himself. It''ll be very hard for him to make it at Spurs and he might not make it at Premier League level but I think he''ll make a nice living in league football.

I imagine if he''d have been our own youth product people probably would have been very complimentary of him. He''d have probably been ridiculously overrated.

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Harry Kane will be playing for England within three years. Called.[/quote]

Yeah but by then you will have forgotten your log in details and password yet again so how will you bump this up ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Harry Kane will be playing for England within three years. Called.[/quote]

Yeah but by then you will have forgotten your log in details and password yet again so how will you bump this up ? [;)]

[/quote]
I will write Le Juge in brackets alongside my new username. 

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]101 new users with Le Jugs appear at the same,[/quote]
You are a fine one to talk, City1st. 

Cannot for the life of me understand why this lad gets so much stick from Norwich fans. When he came here he was not long 19 and it was his 1st taste of Premier League football. Yes he didnt set the team on fire but for me he was definately better than Steve Morison. He has represented England at most if not every level so far and is in the current England U21 squad. If his time here was anyone''s fault it was Chris Hughtons (Im not a Hughton out man). The lad was obviously not ready for regular Premier League football and it was Hughton who decided he was.

Teddy Sheringham had a loan spell at Aldershot at 19 and scored 0 goals in 5 games. 
I bet Aldershot fans wondered whether he would make it as a football. 

It was the injury that was the main thing. If he hadn''t got that, he would have been given another chance after the West Ham game. It was a shame really, because he seemed like a talented and likable lad.

He will need to play at least another game before he gets called up to Roy Hodgson''s next world cup squad, everyone gets called up sooner or later.

Cambridge wrote:

Kane shows the fine line between success and failure in lite sport. His time with us was defined by that chance against West Ham. He fluffed it and flopped. Had he taken the chance his confidence and his reputation would have grown, we would have two more points and the whole season would have been different.

Nicely put Cambridge. I''ve often thought what might have happened last season had Becchio beaten the keeper with his chance against Fulham.

You don''t get many clear chances in this league - it would have done his confidence a power of good and cemented his reputation (in Hughton''s eyes) as a natural goal scorer.

I must admit first , I was one of the fans that said he was one of the worst signings we ever made. And I stand by what I say based on the experience of watching him with us. But, after seeing him on loan at Leicester, he looked a bit better and after seeing him last night for Spurs he didn''t look too bad at times.

I personally think he''s not a very dynamic and adaptable player and fluffed shots aside, perhaps Spurs played him in a better role i.e the wide player in a front 3?

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Teddy Sheringham had a loan spell at Aldershot at 19 and scored 0 goals in 5 games. 
I bet Aldershot fans wondered whether he would make it as a football. 
[/quote]

Sheringham never made it as a football! Ba Dum Tsst!