Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Defensive Formation for Sat

This would be a pretty defensive formation:RuddyBennett BassongTurnerAyalaWhiitakerMartinGarridoOllsonTetteyJohnson

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]BassongTurnerMartinWhittakerOlssonGarridoBennett (maybe fit)Who do you use.For me it''s Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson[/quote]Does  Garrido deserve to be dropped?   Hughton usually keeps with players who are playing ok.  I would think maybe Martin may have to drop down, but the preferred back four for me would be as in the unbeaten run before last Christmas.   Whittaker Turner Bassing Garrido.  If anything Olsson may be better bolstering the midfield imo, perhaps as a sub.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]BassongTurnerMartinWhittakerOlssonGarridoBennett (maybe fit)Who do you use.For me it''s Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson[/quote]Does  Garrido deserve to be dropped?   Hughton usually keeps with players who are playing ok.  I would think maybe Martin may have to drop down, but the preferred back four for me would be as in the unbeaten run before last Christmas.   Whittaker Turner Bassing Garrido.  If anything Olsson may be better bolstering the midfield imo, perhaps as a sub.

[/quote]I wasn''t at the game, but heard from those who were that Olsson was classIt''s a nice problem to have, (the competition for LB) but I would like to see Olsson start a Prem game personally.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]BassongTurnerMartinWhittakerOlssonGarridoBennett (maybe fit)Who do you use.For me it''s Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson[/quote]All of them plus Ayala with Fer, Johnson, & RVW infront of them. Should restrict the oppo nicely. [:)]

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]BassongTurnerMartinWhittakerOlssonGarridoBennett (maybe fit)Who do you use.For me it''s Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson[/quote]All of them plus Ayala with Fer, Johnson, & RVW infront of them. Should restrict the oppo nicely. [:)][/quote]Scratch that, can''t count! [:$] Missed Bassong ''cause of the quote marks. Forget Ayala.

it doesnt matter who he picks, it will be something like this for big chunks of it                                  gk                   rb cb cb cb cb cb lb               wb                              wb

wolfie

Surely it''s                                                 Ruddy Whittaker    R Martin  Bassong   Turner    R Bennett    Garrido     Olsson                                       Johnson        Howson

RvW

I fear that Seb will start, although imo he is not ready. Having seen him in his U21 performances and the Bury game,, he appears to be carrying a permanent injury and probably needs a few more weeks to repair, he is not the player we saw before he got injured last season.  He may be our Ledley King.

However, if Seb plays then who drops out?  Again imo Russ Martin should be kept in the side for his leadership skills and ability to read a game, however this would mean dropping Turner of Whitts, which I suspect CH won''t do. 

Whitts has scored a couple of goals, but a RB is there primarily to defend and RM is by far the better defender, if we select a RB purely on his scoring ability what are we saying about our midfield and strikers??

Thoughts please.