Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

SEBASTIEN BASSONG

I am extremely proud to have this man as our Captain http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404083/SEBASTIEN-BASSONG--FOOTBALLERS-FOOTBALL-COLUMN-Gareth-Bale-wont-taking-free-kicks-Real-Madrid-I-need-say-sorry-gun-picture.html

Pistol topic aside, what a well though out and written piece by the big man.Some nice insight into the new boys and the managerhe clearly knows the league well and you can tell he''s a leader.It''s a real shame about the racist abuse though. I knew about the Everton incident but the Swansea one is new to me

Top bloke, comes across as very thoughtful, and proud. You can see why he''s been made captain. I loved the quote about the media saying we were going down but he "would not have let that happen". Also interesting that he wouldn''t have come except for Hughton, although not entirely unexpected.

Great interview. He comes across as a well rounded level headed guy who knows how lucky he is and how hard he has to work. Bassong remaining fit is absolutely key to us having a successful season.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

He would not have let that happen  :)   Nice that he is so fond of us. Makes you wonder what Newcastle and Wolves did to upset him...

[/quote]Strange isn''t it. At some of his other clubs he hasn''t really made a massive impactbut at Norwich he is one of our key players

i''m sure opposition fans will make comments and chants.. but B****ks to them! chant sebs name loudly and it will soon drown them out.no one got hurt, no one could have got, it was a simple bit of horseplay... lets all get on with our lives.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]He forgot he was "Sebastian Bassong, Norwich city player"

Is this similar to when Gary Doherty permanently forgot he was Gary Doherty, professional footballer?[/quote]

Surely that should be "when many Pink Un posters forgot they were Norwich City supporters and scapegoated a player who was playing his heart out for the club."

Binner!

Interesting thing is he came her for one reason only Christ hughton, so if results go so badly and Christ hughton goes I can see alot of players wanting out in January, end of the day all the people who say hughton out don''t realise could be a big mistake, so here''s hoping we get some good wins and everybody forgets about hughton out!

I had actually forgotten about the gun thing, and if I''m honest, it never really bothered me that much in the first place.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]He forgot he was "Sebastian Bassong, Norwich city player"

Is this similar to when Gary Doherty permanently forgot he was Gary Doherty, professional footballer?[/quote]

He seemed to forget every Saturday at 3pm

Amazing