Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

GOAL MUSIC: YES OR NO? (Official club poll)

"GOAL MUSIC – YES OR NO?

Only a small number of Premier League clubs still play music in the stadium when the home team scores. Until the end of last season, ‪#‎NCFC‬ was one of them. Should we bring it back?

Use the comments to let us know! Give us a YES or a NO, and tell us why. Your input will help us decide…

Like"

This just appeared on facebook...

Well let''s see how it goes!

I really thought it made us a "small club"but........ now it''s gone... I do actually miss it quite a bitI''m actually shocked at myself but that''s my view !

Here are some comments on Facebook:

"Ok, this time I will say no with more explanation. Goal music is extremely tinpot and cringeworthy, the flack we get from other fans about it is justified. We don''t NEED music to stimulate an atmosphere, it''s a horrible thing that is in the same group as tinned laughter on sitcoms. Send it back to America on a one way trip please."

"YES, the atmosphere when we score isn''t as good without the music!"

"No because it drowns out the crowd, is generally rubbish and cringeworthy and sounds even worse on Match of the Day. It really should have been left in the 90s. You don''t need music to celebrate a goal, the fans are more than capable. Why do you think so many other clubs have ditched it too?"

"Yes! Just doesn''t seem the same without it, adds to the atmosphere!"

"Hell yeah..just cos the other boring gits don''t like dancing n celebrating"

"Yes the goal music really enhances the atmosphere in the stadium, it makes me tingle inside with warm fuzzy feelings."

Sadly it looks like a YES majority :(

Can''t believe so many people want it still.  Then again when you see a lot of the comments people make on the club''s Facebook posts I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Moot point as you won''t hear nothing with Houghton''s "style" of football. Music for clean sheets or a clearance, maybe, or a klaxon if we cross the halfway line.

"Yes! I love the music. People who say "no" are just boring and miserable!!!!"

Why do people say this? The fans really need to be weaned from the goal music, I hate this culture at the stadium now that you get told when to celebrate and sing.

Stop being mindless sheep! We''re not being miserable, we''re trying to wean you!

I''m not that bothered either way - it certainly doesn''t do any harm but I don''t think it really adds that much to the atmosphere, given that when we score it is already pretty good!

One thing that does annoy me a bit is this use of the internet by the club to make decisions - i''m pretty sure that there will be a fair number of our supporters who have never used Facebook, so how do we know that any ''poll'' is representative of us all?

Not just that but I bet there will be plenty of people on there commenting who don''t even go to games, it''s so easy just to type ''yes'' or ''no'' and forget about it forever.

Bw''s Cat-"Why?"

Someone asked if there was a link for one of the preseason games and I said that it was probably streaming on frontrow. Five minutes later my post was deleted and I was banned from commenting. Seemed a bit harsh.

No

The music choice was dated and poor. I know that entertainment is needed at football games other than on the pitch... But We don''t need it after a goal

The 90 minutes on the field is football, we do not need to make it too fluffy etc.

Don''t want to come across as snobby, but I think it would have made a more interesting "poll" if they''d asked fans to say Yes or No, and which stand they sit in.

I genuinely wonder how many Yesses there are from The Barclay and Snakepit?

For the record, No and The Barclay.

There is a disturbing amount of support in favour of the goal music on Facebook! All fellow neighsayers like me must unite and pepper this Facebook poll with NOs!

As I said, I wasn''t being snobby, it''s an indisputable fact that the vast majority of noise at Carrow Road comes from The Barclay and the Snakepit. Everyone I personally know who sits in either of those areas is glad that it''s gone. I was just curious as to whether people who are for it sit in the quieter parts of the ground.

I miss it, went especially well with those injury time winners not so long ago, must admit sometimes pointless if it is a consolation goal.

Music does create atmosphere, look at the darts. Maybe we should replace it with something more trendy, my choice would be an Arctic Monkeys clasic Brianstorm.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]As I said, I wasn''t being snobby, it''s an indisputable fact that the vast majority of noise at Carrow Road comes from The Barclay and the Snakepit. Everyone I personally know who sits in either of those areas is glad that it''s gone. I was just curious as to whether people who are for it sit in the quieter parts of the ground.[/quote]

I sat in the City Stand towards the River End against everton and was quite surprised and pleased at the level of noise and chatter there was after the goal.   When the music is there, it tends to take over and when it stops it goes quiet.  No music allows for a natural response - something that some people are afraid of as they think everything has to be controlled in some way.

We have a syncronised shriek to let them now that the game is about to start and so we should retain this music so they know when to sit down after a goal has been scored.

I also agree with the many comments on Facebook about the atmosphere. Far too many think that they can kick up a racket and disturb other during the game. As this chap says "just cos the other boring gits don''t like dancing n celebrating only when they are told it doesn''t mean others don''t".

Hopefully the happy clappies will push on from here and demand corner music and a countdown to free kicks as well.

Football is for everyone, and it shouldn''t matter if you don''t really understand what is happening - the club should be allowed to increase your ''experience'' by whatever means thought necessary.

IT''S AN EMBARRESMENT - Outdated crap get with the modern day.

Some football clubs can generate decent atmosphere and original chants - some can''t and need music to plug a gap, pick which one you want

Graham Humphrey you only said no because on the rare occasions the team do score it wakes you and your fellow sleepers up. ;-)

South stand and no!!