Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Positive performance please!

Hughton has get to get the players up for it today. Southampton are a very good passing team and today''s favourites for a good reason.

Personally I feel this is our toughest test so far, tougher than Everton. We only need to play one from howson, Johnson & tettey. If we play two or all three of them I fear a hammering. Lets get some flair with pilks snoddy & wes today.

Come on city, lets get the season started today!

I know Saints are going to be tough , yet I cant help thinking if we dont take 3 points old Hoots is going to feel the pressure

[quote user="splutcho"]Taking a long break from this place if we lose.[/quote]^^^This.

I just want to see us go for it, we have as many players that would get in their team as they do that would get in our team, we don''t need to be scared of Southampton.

Remembering what strikers they have - Lambert, Bony, Rodriquez, etc., it may be difficult to look forward to an all-out attacking game. My hope is that they cut out, or at least reduce passing errors, and maintain concentration.

I think that it could be another high scoring game - perhaps 2-2 or even 3-3.

[quote user="Salopian"]

Remembering what strikers they have - Lambert, Bony, Rodriquez, etc., it may be difficult to look forward to an all-out attacking game. My hope is that they cut out, or at least reduce passing errors, and maintain concentration.

[/quote]
Bony plays for Swansea, I think you meant Osvaldo. 
Don''t you think that Van Wolfswinkel and Elmander deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as their strikers? Most teams in this league have at least one quality striker.
If we feed the Wolf he will score. I''d be more worried about Lambert than Osvaldo by the way. He has only just arrived, has never been all that prolific, and I wouldn''t swap him for RVW.
They have a strong squad but so do we, we have every chance. 

[quote user="Salopian"]

[/quote]

that must have cost them a fuck load to sign bony from swansea given that he only joined them about 7 weeks ago ;)

It''s all about the performance for me today, if we play well and lose , then so be it.

Don''t you think that Van Wolfswinkel and Elmander deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as their strikers? Most teams in this league have at least one quality striker.

yes in fact I would have van wolfswinkel over lambert BUT can we get the ball to rvw as much as Southampton can get the ball to lambert ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

yes in fact I would have van wolfswinkel over lambert BUT can we get the ball to rvw as much as Southampton can get the ball to lambert ?

[/quote]
Agree we need to create chances, but we have Snodgrass back, looking forward to seeing if he can feed the Wolf. 
We scored 6 in the league cup the other day, they scored 5 in the league cup. Against poor opposition in both cases, but we may see two teams hungry for goals today could be a cracker. 

Positive performance from the fans please. No throwing of toys, tantrums or shouting ''game over'' if we go one down.

I saw a dream that Wolf scored outstanding volley outside the box from Snoddy''s pass and headed winner in a last 10 minutes to kill the game.

When I woke up I was sure it was sunday at least an hour so it must have been a vision as I normaly dont remember my dreams that well.

Anyway for Hughton''s and my sanity sake I hope we get 3 points. I dont care how we take it, but would do a miracles for our supporters spirit and make this forum more bearable for next week