Sign in to follow this  
Murray Hewitt

Using 'that' Tottenham connection...

With spurs seemingly having an influx of europes top young players coming in it seems they are wanting to trim down the squad somewhat. Particularly in attacking midfield where we may well be looking for that piece of the jigsaw which links the midfield and the strikers. Apparently they are willing to send Lewis Holtby out on loan but more interestingly sell Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Now at 23 he''d fit right in with the squads young and hungry age group, knowing he''d get regular game time and could easily be seen as an investment with a large potential for sell on - like our very own RVW.

I''d say he''d be willing to come because of his previous clubs and can see the clubs willingness to grow.

And finally CH can use ''that'' Tottenham connection once again.

I don''t have any major issues with loan deals, but I''d rather us sign a player on a permanent. After putting Naughton in the shop window we doubled his value and were then priced out of him.
If somebody like Holtby is available on loan then he likely has a price attached also. If that price is say £5m then why not just pay that price? Why loan him for a year, allow him to show the country how great he is, and then get ourselves priced out when somebody goes and pays £10m for him? 
Are Spurs signing any right backs? How about we sign Kyle Naughton and then turn the ''Scottish Maicon'' into the right midfield competition that we need now that Bennett is out injured?

[quote user="Murray Hewitt"]Apparently they are willing to send Lewis Holtby out on loan but more interestingly sell Gylfi Sigurdsson. [/quote]

Would take Sigurdsson,but not Holtby.   The Tottenham connection is a good one, so here''s hoping..............

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Why not Holtby LDC?[/quote]

In truth I haven''t seen that much of Holtby recently, but when he first played for Tottenham, he didn''t impress me as a player, didn''t seem to have enough desire.  He may be better than that now, but just going what I have seen.

That''s ok LDC just wondering.

He was little slow off the mark, but l saw quite bit before he came and especially during the U21 Euros and he was excellent! Good energy, led by example and very creative and skillful!

He will develope into a hell of a player IMO.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]That''s ok LDC just wondering.

He was little slow off the mark, but l saw quite bit before he came and especially during the U21 Euros and he was excellent! Good energy, led by example and very creative and skillful!

He will develope into a hell of a player IMO.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  I''ll view him a bit more favourably from now on!

Did he not make his debut against us at home when Tettey let Bale walk through the midfield and slot that shot home for the equaliser?  If so, I remember him coming on and being a decent player, good energy, quick touches and moving the ball on and into space. If that wasn''t him, whoever that was, he was good.

He cost them ONLY £8M I believe because his contract was up in the summer and had already pretty much nailed down that he wanted a PL move. Does he have some connections to England, I am sure there is some link there. I am sure if his contract situation wasn''t as it was he would have been a £10M+ proposition. If he was available at £6M + £2M add-ons (lets drive a bargain they are getting nigh on £100M for Bale, they can afford it!) I would go for that... With my FM head on.

They wont sell Holtby. Was awesome in Schalke and what I saw him during previous season he wasnt that bad in Tottenham either. English connection comes from his dad being from Liverpool. Was working in germany or something like that.

And I heard they are preparing to loan Siggy for German team. There could be chance for us to get between that deal, but I think they still want to see if he is up to their level and wont sell this season.

I watched Holtby alot when he was at Schalke. He is a fantastic midfielder. He really ran the show there. Drew comparisons with Bryan Robson. Can get forward and score as well as tackle and break up the play. I have to say have been disappointed with his performances in a Spurs shirt, but I think that''s due to the way they play and his role within their squad. He was very much the first name on the team sheet in Gelsenkirchen and Schalke built a very successful side around him. At Spurs he came in with a number of players ahead of him. He is one for their future I think and will develop in to a marvellous player. He could definitely do a job for us for a year and would be able to play with any of our current crop of centre midfielders. I''d love to see him here and if he is available on loan, why not?

Tottenham have pretty much changed their entire staff since Hughton was there and with Baldini coming in I think that finally killed any ''connection'' that Hughton might have there.

He has stronger connections at Fulham and Newcastle through Martin Jol and Joe Kinnear but can''t think of any players from either of those clubs that would be worth taking on loan (who the clubs would actually be willing to let go).

Spurs just got that lad from Straus Bucharest. Guess they as are gonna start him. Let''s go after Dawson. He would do a great job for us and like Seb is a leader