Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Bayern fans v Chelski fans

Just look at the difference, bayern singing, giant flags, banners, Chelski all sitting there like stuffed farts, is this because we as a football nation, so surpressed in being told cant stand, cant chant, high prices, where as the germans, have cheap tickets, safe standing areas!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Just look at the difference, bayern singing, giant flags, banners, Chelski all sitting there like stuffed farts, is this because we as a football nation, so surpressed in being told cant stand, cant chant, high prices, where as the germans, have cheap tickets, safe standing areas!![/quote]

Yes I too noticed this. I tried to think which English club could rival bayerns level of support and I don''t think any club could. Perhaps Liverpool?

Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9JlunfCh4E

This is something that is normal in HBSC games. Team that has had lots of struggle in past years.

Something that I would want to see in snake pit and barclays before every home game and that new/old slow version of OTBC ^^

"slow version of OTBC "

oh dear

dearie me

that is actually how it is sung, just as Walk On, and Forever blowin bubbles ''sung''

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Take a look at the Dortmund supporters here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHywRb9megA

It''ll make you weep.[/quote]

Yup Yellow Wall is supposed to be loudest fan group in whole Germany.

Yes I ment I want us to sing it slow instead of that random shouting that just doesnt make any favour for the song.

It would be much more powerful and inspiring if we sang it slowly, that nonsense before the beginning of the game doesn''t help!

Thats what i mean that 321, kick it off, before the game. Otbc before a game against 1p5wich is normally pretty awesome.

If the scores stay''s at 2-1, JT is probably thinging about a hat-trick of lifting the trophy without ever playing. Never in the history of the game can a player have lifted so many trophies without ever playing a part. Maybe modesty will get the better of him or perhaps Bayern will score another two and save him from this dilemma.

It would be great and presumably would increase the capacity, I am sure there are loads of Elf and Safety reasons why it can''t be done though ?

I think quite a lot of PL clubs favoured a trial, but I can''t see it ever happening, not in the near future anyway

As an avid fan of Germany, German football and my team Hannover 96 I can shed some light on the atmosphere in German grounds which have the best atmosphere that I have ever been involved in (I have been to matches in France, Belgium, Holland, Bolivia, Chile, Italy to name a few).

1. Each player is introduced by the MC saying the number and the first name, the crowd shout the surname. This warms the crowd up nicely

2. When a home team scores, they usually have goal music (shock horror tinpot clubs like Dortmund, Schalke, Bayern all have goal music) and even sometimes change this for different players. Hannover play Nellie The Elephant for Didi Ya Konan who is Ivorian.

3. The MC will also then announce the goal as follows: Hannover 96 (fans shout the score), Opponent (Null [regardless of scoreline]), MC “danke” (thanks), fans reply “bitte” (you’re welcome) again really gets the crowd going

4. Standing, all grounds have a standing area, this is where the noise comes from. These have a lot of bars and sections to stop crushing, Dortmund have 18,000 in their Sudkurve (a wall of noise). Most safe standing areas are 10,000+ and in the main are the lower tier behind a goal.

5. Alcohol, there are a lot of people that go to the football for a beer and a sing song. There are even people with megaphones who are at the front of the “ultra” section of fans conducting the songs. These people rarely look at the pitch and can be sat at the top of ladders etc.

10000 standing area, wow, so what really are the arguments preventing us trying it here?

So the Germans with all their beer and standing still need some cretinous announcer to tell them what to do ?

dearie dear me

You can see this sort of idiocy on youtube where there is a clip of a binner with a megaphone - enter ''ipswich crazy'' to see him

And to think Alan Partridge was thought a parody

A lot of German teams have a guy at the front of the crowd with a megaphone who gets the crowd pumpedPretty sure that would be banned in the PremInstead we get the same old idiots banging a drum or playing "that tune" on a trumpetI admire the German fans. They are brilliant and their chanting is amazing.

A lot of the soul has gone out of our game, it''s a shame. How do the Germans seem to get it right so often, they develop their young players far better than we do too, bastards!

"It would be great and presumably would increase the capacity, I am sure there are loads of Elf and Safety reasons why it can''t be done though ? "

err no, they just mark your standing space where your seat was

as to health and safety they can''t actually do very much at all - it is all down to what the insurance requires

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Lets be honest. OTBC is pretty awful.stuff now. Hardly 1 to pump you up.[/quote]give over

binner

[quote user="Vanwink"]10000 standing area, wow, so what really are the arguments preventing us trying it here?[/quote]

People instantly think back to old style terracing without looking at what safe standing actually is. Plus people falsely believe standing is the reason for Hillsbrough.

The powers that be are ignorant and don''t want to change it.

You get that with exciting footy and a manager who is prepared to go for it Lincoln