Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Todays Line Up

Think Johnson is very lucky to be in the team after a poor start.

Glad to see Tetty out of the side, just don''t see what he brings to the table... Happy with that lineup, great to see Bassong and Snodgrass back too. Excited to see if Elmander can link up the play with RVW!

Yup I would have wanted to see Olsson too because of his pace, but I think Garrido has better delivery and I guess Redmond starts ahead of Pilkington for same reason to keep that width and as he isn''t clinical as Pilkington, but his movement and skills makes room for other players.

I think we see lot of crosses today.

Also glad to see Fer in a place where he is supposed to be best!

[quote user="Lavanche"]Yup I would have wanted to see Olsson too because of his pace, but I think Garrido has better delivery and I guess Redmond starts ahead of Pilkington for same reason to keep that width and as he isn''t clinical as Pilkington, but his movement and skills makes room for other players.

I think we see lot of crosses today.

Also glad to see Fer in a place where he is supposed to be best![/quote]

Olsson isn''t on the bench. Presumably injured.

I''m pleased with the line up. As others have said I would have put in Olsson in - at very least on the bench! Glad to see Bassong starting too. I like Redmond and the more game time we can give him the better - he attacks and runs at players, something we really need. Hopefully we''ll be able to feed the Wolf at the front more with Elmander behind, and hopefully too Johnson will have a better game today.

Norwich: Ruddy, Garrido, Turner, Bassong, Whittaker,

Redmond, Fer, Johnson, Snodgrass, Elmander, van Wolfswinkel. Subs: Martin,

Howson, Pilkington, Bunn, Hoolahan, Becchio, Tettey.

Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Fox,

Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Osvaldo, Lallana, Lambert. Subs: Kelvin

Davis, Clyne, Yoshida, Steven Davis, Rodriguez, Ramirez, Shaw.

Referee: Howard Webb (S Yorkshire)

Subs:

Martin, Tettey, Howson, Pilkington, Hoolahan

Five big names at various times last season. Strange to see all on the bench at once.

We are evolving.

would definitely of put tettey or howson in bradley johnson place, been very poor so far always giving the ball away, hope he improves today  

Strenght of squad is now shown by bench

Agree would be good to see Olson on there but who then misses out??

Doesn''t bode well for Becchio when hooper is back

I''ll eat my hat if Olsson is not injured. Someone with his versatility down the left would have been on the bench if not a starter today. Just hope it''s a minor problem.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]How can anyone say Garrido has a ''better'' delivery?Ollson has hardly had a chance to prove what he''s capable of..[/quote]

If nothing else Garrido has great left foot.. We didnt like him for nothing previous season. For me Olsson is better almost in every other aspect, but Garridos crossing is sometimes so beautiful to watch.

Think the manager was showing faith in Johnson and giving him a chance to prove himself. And he didn''t let him down.