Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Southampton game thread

You''d think teams would have learnt not to show Redmond the inside by now.  Not complaining however... :D

Fer has looked top class, Johnson still looking poor and Snodgrass has been awful today. Redmond as ever looking a real spark. Bassong a rock at the back. Anyone hear Hughton constantly shouting "Jonnyyyy!" since howson came on? or is it just me ha.

Wow, that really should have been a pen to seal it. ah well.

I really enjoyed that game. Both sides looked decent but I think we had the edge - particularly in the 2nd half. Redmond was exceptional. What a great buy he could turn out to be! Stonewall penalty at the end though on Snods. How that wasn''t given I''ve no idea. Thankfully it didn''t matter.

Agreed much much better this week. We looked way more together. Shame about Snodgrass, he just looked really angry the whole game and contributed everything but the final ball. Redmond looks class, and I''ve seen people saying if he leaves, he will leave for big money which by the looks of things is so true.
Lastly well done to Chris Hughton, I''m no master tactician but the line up looked much better this week and we played to our strengths. Great game!

That''s better. Played well and deserved the win. Bit of added pressure when he subbed Elmander but other that that, no complaints.

Ruddy and Fer best.

What will happen to Johnson during Ramadan?

Southampton gave a good opponent, but well deserved three points.

Dont know if Hughton got his tactics spot on and few of players need to really improve for the next games. Snoddy hopefuly will find his ball delivery skills back, which was a big dissapointment today. Also Elmander should drop a bit more down or at least be a bit more lively, if we play him with Wolf.

Howson change didnt do any favor for the team nor the player. He isn''t defender and again he was too slow with the ball when he had a chance, but at the end he came for the very hard spot on the field and I think it wasn''t his fault this time that he looked awfully out of place.

If I gave a bit suspicious eye for Bassong at the first half his second half bravery made him a man of the match for me and Redmond was good second and third man to give a shout was Ruddy. Great to have him back as he is so dominating in the box.

Anyway good game for lads and they deserved those points and hopefuly this gives nice confidency boost for our Tottenham game.

[quote user="Herman "]That''s better. Played well and deserved the win. Bit of added pressure when he subbed Elmander but other that that, no complaints.

Ruddy and Fer best.

What will happen to Johnson during Ramadan?[/quote]I''m loving that beard! A proper mans man beard.Not enough quality beards in football these days![Y]