Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

2nd striker or creative midfielder?

Today as well all know Elmander played just in behind RvW, but what''s everyone opinions on the long term options there? Should we continue that way or bring Hoolahan in to add that bit more of creativity in the middle of the park? Personally, i''d like to see Hoolahan come back in as I feel he offers us more in that position than Elmander, albeit we''d have to stop playing so directly with Hoolahan in the side. Or will we bring in another player to play in that position like we tired to with Toivonen and Fabio. I''d like to see another player come in who can play in that number 10 role as our biggest threat today came from Redmond and we can''t be relying on him every game.

So what are our options?

Bring in another playing to play that number 10 role?

Stick with Elmander?

Or bring Hoolahan back into the team?

What''s everyones thoughts? Haven''t even got started on where Hooper will fit in!!

I personally don''t think we need another Striker with Hooper coming back soon...and with Pilks and Hoolahan and even Martin on the bench I think that is solid...I would love to see one more solid Defender come in

I think Elmander shows real promise in that role (well, more like a hybrid Number 10 and Shadow Striker), but he''s only been here a week so let''s give him a chance to develop. Hoolahan still has a role to play, but I was delighted to see Fer at his imperious best in central midfield. My MotM.

now 82 min Juve-Lazio come as sub Fabio Quagliarella and ironically at same time same minute for PSV come as sub Ola Toivonen(already miss a seater from 3 yards) wow

I agree Elmander was really promising and shows why we have been lacking.

Can''t see Wes starting there more likely to come on from the bench.