Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Programmes

Walking round a car boot yesterday I picked up a programme from our 1985 Milk Cup semi final second leg with Ipswich.

So purely as a conversation starter, anyone collect programmes or have some from big matches in our history? Recent or otherwise

I have hundreds tucked away somewhere from about 1991 onwards, I have stopped buying them now. It used to be part of my matchday but I realised I was just skimming through them, and it was a bit of a waste of money.

Not too far off, 60p.

Quite interesting flicking through this, as it''s all before my time. All I can say is that I''m glad shorts have become longer over time.

For Christmas a couple of years ago, I sourced my old man programmes from the 2 semi finals and the final.

I must of forgot I''d done it as I did exactly the same the year after!

I''ve got the programmes from all four of our League Cup finals, don''t think I have both of the 1985 semi-finals though, think I have one of them. 
I was given my dad''s programme collection a few years back, kept a few of major interest and flogged the rest as a job lot. 

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote the following post at 31/08/2013 12:12 PM:

I''ve got the programmes from all four of our League Cup finals, don''t think I have both of the 1985 semi-finals though, think I have one of them.

I was given my dad''s programme collection a few years back, kept a few of major interest and flogged the rest as a job lot

Have you go the Rochdale one? Want to sell it?

I''ve got a stack of Norwich programmes from 1980/81. They were 20p then !!I don''t think inflation can account for a rise of 1750% in 32 years !!

The only one I have kept is v Ipswich from 1985 as well. It was my first ever home game so it''s a keeper. We lost though.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Have you go the Rochdale one? Want to sell it?
[/quote]
I have it yes, not in great condition, but sorry don''t wish to part with it. 
My dad gave me his collection to sell to fund some travel, was some real gems in that lot and got five hundred quid from some collector in Essex. Some rare friendlies etc from the 50''s and 60''s and the buyer probably made a fortune from reselling - over a thousand programmes from across four decades. 
The dozen or so that I''ve kept are ones that I couldn''t bare to part with so are not for sale. I had numerous duplicates of 1973, 1975 and 1985 finals but none of 1962.  
Are they hard to find? Perhaps that''s why I didn''t have duplicates?

I had about 300 odd programes, mostly from 80''s and 90''s.  A lot were collected by myself, but I also picked up a few at car boots.

To be honest, they''re virtually worthless.  I had all 3 home Uefa cup programmes, play off final, 1985 milk cup final, but you can pick them all up for about £2 or £3.  I tried to seel them on Ebay, and wanted about £50 for the lot, but the most I got offered was about £20.  I gave them away to a mate in the end, who I knew would appreciate them and look after them, and add to them.

I don''t bother buying them now when I go, 50% adverts nowadays, and loads of stuff aimed at kids, it doesn;t include anything that you can;t find on the internet.

to New Boy - re the Rochdale programme - its quite rare so if you ever do sell make sure you take proper advice

Anyone else with a collection of progs they don''t want please let me know. I do collect and will offer a good and caring home [:)]

According to the Internet, 60p in 1985 is £1.54 today, so yes, a massive rip off. I stopped buying them years and years ago.

I do wish I still had them from my early games though.