Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Not Bashing Hoots..

But do you think he kinda learned from today that we can be a more free flowing side that has some creativity in our side. I loved today. Looked great. To me the best form of defense is attack. We looked a lot better this week going forward and still without Ollson and Hooper and believe we will get stronger and looked solid in the back. Yes Southampton had chances but every team will during a game but never felt a prolonged amount of pressure.

Do you think the performance today just happened by accident? That the manager had nothing to do with it?

no but I do believe after scoring 6 goals against Bury it showed we can score goals and knowing if we did NOTHING in this game he would without a doubt be hearing it not just from us but from Nally also.

Getting better players on the pitch gives the manager more options.

Could just be that this is how he wants to play since he assembled "his" team, and last week was a blip.

The Everton game was a solid enough performance, hull was dire, today was good.

I don''t think for a second that the handwringers have gone away though. They''ll be waiting with a big stick to give Hughton a good bashing when we put in another below par performance.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]no but I do believe after scoring 6 goals against Bury it showed we can score goals and knowing if we did NOTHING in this game he would without a doubt be hearing it not just from us but from Nally also.[/quote]Whatever you may think of him, I''m fairly sure Hughton doesn''t deliberately go out to lose games.What this actually does is show that all those people flapping because we lost one game, flapped way too soon.

No one want''s to lose games I get that but I think sometimes he made sure too much in the past not to lose games and never went out to win the games and teams would score the odd goal and it would prevent us more from drawing of even winning. I believe he did what he had to do with the squad he had at the time and yes with a lot better squad he is going to make the adjustments to make us turn some of those 1-0 losses into draws and turn those draw''s into 1-0 wins.

I agree it looks like we play for the draw to much and we do need to utilise our newfound strikeforce but the organisation in our play has come on leaps and bounds and once everyone gets to know how each other plays I think we are on to something, remember a lot of these players have only had three compatible matches together.

Good analysis of what''s happened, Blurboy. I''d be surprised if McNally didn''t say something to him about utilizing the new talent at his disposal. The last 2games last year showed we can do it well. Bury was a trial run for the new boys and today was full strength (available) and highly entertaining.

Had we lost, at least we''d have gone down swinging which is way better than what happened at Hull. That was just embarrassing.

We had similar games previous season... Nothing new under the sun except we have new quality players and their quality show on the field. Only thing that was new and working in some perspective was that we had two strikers on the field We had similar tactics previous season with Kamara and Holt, but that didnt work out too well. So good to see that specially our midfield and fullbacks were up to task when we were outmanned in midfield as Elmander didnt drop that deep to help them with build up. (He should have thought).

I know it is hard to change your opinion when you have made it clear public, but as I said before dont start to make excuses or twisting the facts for your favor.

Hughton did what he did previous year. Build a tactic and tried to get all the point availeable for him out there. This time we used more longballs than usual, but we tried it few times previous season so shouldn''t be surprise for anyone.

Yesterday showed Fer can pass it as well as Fox on a good day, and can also hold the centre & win back the ball as well as Johnson on a good day.  That gives us a bedrock of control we haven''t had for a long time, especially at home where we can dictate play.