Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

RVW

It''s going to click, if he keeps creating the space then we will eventually start playing to his strengths. Unlucky not to get that penalty that would have seen him on the score sheet.

Our wingers were too selfish. RVW was getting in great positions but they need to cross it instead of running into defenders or taking a wild shot. We could have beaten Southampton by more.

His movement is class though. He makes space for others and therefore makes us more dangerous. He might not get 10 goals but his presence in the first 11 will make us stronger.

Personally I think he''ll mange 10-12 goals. Which will be a good return for his style of play. Providing hooper scores a similar amount then Its all good. He''s completely different to any striker we''ve had in the last few years.

I think once the other players get used to playing with him then he''ll get a few more chances each game and with that goals should come. I''d expect him to average about 1 in 3 so that should get him about 13 goals.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Our wingers were too selfish. RVW was getting in great positions but they need to cross it instead of running into defenders or taking a wild shot. We could have beaten Southampton by more.[/quote]

No Snodgrass was too selfish.   You can''t blame Redmond for taking players on, because he beats them and then gets an end product.   Snodgrass on the other hand - even at his best - runs into too many dead ends.   He often has a chance to cross, but doesn''t.    If you cross early, even if you have an opposing  player close to you,  you will quite often get at least a corner via a deflection.  Snodgrass will have to adapt and learn.  I admire his spirit and his work rate, but for a player who has so much of the ball,  he needs to adapt his play to be more effective.   RVW needs service, not running into spaces and never getting the ball.

RvW is a clever player, he makes space for himself so easily, when our attacking midfielders get in tune with him I''m sure the goals will flow.

Snoddy will deliver the ball earlier if there is someone to deliver to, too many times last season he had no real choice, he''s also trying to get behind the defence but I agree he would benefit from mixing it up a bit more.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]RvW is a clever player, he makes space for himself so easily, when our attacking midfielders get in tune with him I''m sure the goals will flow.[/quote]This!Also he makes defenders play out of position as they have to keep tracking himThis allows our other attacking players the space to score goals.