Sign in to follow this  
Eagleeye

Too many theatricals from Snoddy

If Snoddy cut out all the theatricals every time he loses the ball around the box, then on ocassions when he has been fouled he would be awarded a penalty.

Too many times, even in todays game, he looks at the linesman or ref when he loses the ball, making it look like he has been unfairly treated. When a clear foul has taken place the ref will just associate this with more Snodgras theatricals.

Without any doubt we should have had a penalty in the last few minutes.

So you guys that watched it on a stream, was it a Pen cos it looked like one to me?

[quote user="Vanwink"]So you guys that watched it on a stream, was it a Pen cos it looked like one to me?[/quote]Oh yes 100%.   But if you spend a whole match falling over easily, you can''t expect a ref to give you the benefit of the doubt for such an important decision.

[quote user="Vanwink"]So you guys that watched it on a stream, was it a Pen cos it looked like one to me?[/quote]Yes it was but if he hadn''t spent most of the game either falling over at the slightest touch or wasting his breath by constantly moaning at the officials then he might have got it.

Not so sure about that LDC, I rate Howard and he seemed to have a pretty good view, which is why I asked the question, certainly from my seat it was nailed on.

The last one was a stone wall peno, but earlier in the game it was obvious when he cut into the box that he would go down :-/ and he did. Kinda sad, think he looks for the free kick / peno and he lets himself down.

What are you moaning about Warren, looked like a good day all round to me?

Oh please. He was not that bad today, and he''s vital to the team. You can''t deny a player a clear penalty because you think he was being theatrical on a previous play. Utter nonsense.

Spot on Portland, surprised Mr Webb let it go form what I saw and have heard

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Oh please. He was not that bad today, and he''s vital to the team. You can''t deny a player a clear penalty because you think he was being theatrical on a previous play. Utter nonsense.[/quote]He was not that bad - but he was not that good either.   Snodgrass does go to ground too easily most of the time.   Strong strapping  players like him falling over just looks wrong (same with Holt).   Every time Snodgrass goes over he is making the ref make a decision and I think refs just get fed up with it, if it keeps happening with the same player.   The defender for the penalty ran across Snodgrass so although no trip, it could have looked from the ref''s position that it was another case of Snodders going down too easily.   

So if the ref gets fed up with it, we are talking Howard Webb here, do you think that would cause him to deliberately call a wrong decision.

[quote user="Vanwink"]So if the ref gets fed up with it, we are talking Howard Webb here, do you think that would cause him to deliberately call a wrong decision.[/quote]No, but with a persistent faller like Snodgrass, I would suspect he will think almost in the same moment - "penalty...or is it?".    Snodgrass does get fouled, but he does make it difficult for referees too.

But he also wins us loads of free kicks, which were pretty productive for us last season

Looked to me like a player getting riled because he wasn''t quite match fit enough to do what he normally does.

Was surprised he didn''t come off for Pilks around the hour mark really.

Dunno about that. RvW also had a ball on goal handed. Seems that would have been the evener (evener may or may not be a made up word).

If all the contested penalties were called, we would have won 3-1 instead of 1-0. Three points either way.

Much like Drogba, Ronaldo and Suarez found out in there early days, go down every time you get the ball and you willbe given less and less.

Snodgrass was utterly pathetic today in that department. His attitude and throwing his arms up in the air, and hitting the deck every he lost the ball was laughable. The one real foul on him and the one we really needed wasnt given because he''d acted like a child all game.

Having just seen the Jonno one your right, and perhaps Webb was trying to even it up

In the laws and true spirit of the game NEITHER was a penalty despite the ludicrous bo llox talked on MOTD.

The hand(s) have to be moving towards the ball. Johnson''s arms were already in the air before the ball was struck. The offence is hand ball, not ball hand.

As to Snodgrass it looked a penalty at the time but watching it tonight he looks to be wanting to fall over and the challenge was made worse by the S''oton player stumbling over a falling Snodgrass.