Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Getting stuck in

Glad to see one ''tactic'' has stayed, that of taking the ball off the opponents feet.

I don''t mean sticking your foot out when he''s trying to get passed you, but actually taking it off him when he is in possession and is not expecting a challenge either.

Time and time again we ''snatched'' the ball away from them - keep your eye out on MOTD tonight, the y may show an example of this.

Fer was cracking at this. Quite a few times he came away with the ball even when it looked a lost cause.

[quote user="Herman "]Fer was cracking at this. Quite a few times he came away with the ball even when it looked a lost cause.[/quote]He was, very quick feet. Its a skill you either have, or you haven''t.For a good example of haven''t, I give you Mr Paul Scholes.

Although his tackling was x-rated at best,Scholes was massively rated amongst his fellow professionals. I liked him, but when someone like Xavi raves about him, there must be something I was missing.

[quote user="Herman "]Although his tackling was x-rated at best,Scholes was massively rated amongst his fellow professionals. I liked him, but when someone like Xavi raves about him, there must be something I was missing.[/quote]Oh I agree, great player, but possibly the worst tackler I have ever seen lol.

Bradley Johnson was also good in midfield yesterday. Him and Leroy compliment each other Fer-king well!

I''d Johnson was my man of the match yesterday.

His ball over the top to RvW for the corner that Fer and Elmander scored from (down the River end) was top draw.

[quote user="Herman "]Although his tackling was x-rated at best,Scholes was massively rated amongst his fellow professionals. I liked him, but when someone like Xavi raves about him, there must be something I was missing.[/quote]Scholes''s talent only became apparent to us (The English) after Spain started to dominate world football with their short passing game.Although he still was a very very good player, he was probably a generation infront of us all.To think he was used on the left wing by England is laughable.

I agree. There were very few hard, heavy challenges yesterday. I an remember two from Johnson and one from Turner. We just stayed on our feet, got close to the player in possession and then tried to nick the ball off him. Really encouraging to see.  

Fer shielded the defence superbly yesterday!

His tackling and constant harassing of the opposition was outstanding and Southampton apart from the shot that the post were very quiet up front!

Johnson was also strong!

Fer was inspirational and it''s those sorts of performances that lifts the side and gets everyone playing with more confidence.