Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

I love Redmond

First player since Hucks who looks like he will create so etching every time he gets on the ball... Still young though but what a fantastic prospect.

I was saying to my Dad the other day, I think he''s going to be immense for us this season.Looks like he could be the signing of the window for us!Awesome stuff!

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Bet Garrido loves him too..[/quote]He may have to speak to Adam Drury about how to defend when your winger leaves you 2v1 for much of the game.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Bet Garrido loves him too..[/quote]

Kerching !! Lol. Major woosh for those who seem to want to have his babies based on one goal.

He says himself that he only thinks of going for goal when going forward. When he starts to pick out other players more and add more to the defensive side he could end up being one of our greatest players of all time.

I can''t believe we got him for such a snip. I assumed he would play a bit part this season, but its going to be tough leaving him out of the team if he performs like he did today.

We have got 20+ million worth of players in him and Fer for 7 million. Fantastic business by the club.

"Kerching !! Lol. Major woosh for those who seem to want to have his babies based on one goal."

Seriously? Really?

The boy was brilliant today. The most exciting winger we''ve had since Huckerby, scores the winning goal today, and has looked our most threatening player in all 3 league games...

...and you''re giving him stick.

Yes, he''s defensively naive. He''s 19. He''ll learn.

Some people just can''t be pleased.

Did Joe Deacons tweet about how get a mention on canary call, nice one Joey!

Well QH. I''m not taking anything away from the lad. He played well today and his goal was nothing short of superb, but FFS there is a serious need of a reality check here. People calling him possibly our greatest ever winger? He''s played 3 games and scored one goal. Yes he has great pace, yes he has great skill but these alone do not make him a complete player nor a "great" one. He is young, rough around the edges and has much to learn. If you actually bothered to watch the whole match ( were you there?) you would have seen that the number of times he hung Garrido out to dry was criminal, the number of times he gave the ball away, almost as bad, the number of times he took the wrong option with players in better positions, awful. Yes, he is an exciting prospect and a very good young talent but I''ve never seen so much over reaction. Leroy Fer was fantastic today and will be the complete player long before Redmond, and for me today man of the match would be Michael Turner, he was awesome today. Totally in command alongside a very good Bassong.

"We''re you there?"

Groan.

Yes. I was. I''m a season ticket holder. I watched the whole game.

Of course Fer will reach his full potential and be a more complete footballer before Redmond. He''s 4 years ahead in his development.

All we''ve read for the last year and a bit is that we don''t attack enough and provide excitement and entertainment. As soon as we''ve got a player who is capable of doing just that, someone pops up and criticises him for the pitfalls that are inevitable when you have a player like that in the team.

I know he gives the ball away. His game is based around running with the ball. It doesn''t always come off. It''s inevitable. At least the majority of the time when he gives it away its when we''re attacking.

He leaves Garrido exposed. Of course he does. I''d rather he played his natural game than sit on the half way line and provide support to the LB. I suspect that''s why Garrido is starting ahead of Olsson, as he''s the more experienced defender.

If people are getting over excited about him...so what? He does have the potential to be one of our bet ever wingers. They''re happy after our first win of the season. Let them enjoy it.

Just listened to canary call from earlier, including Redmond''s interview.

Came across very well for such a young lad. Level headed, sounds like he''s got a great attitude and is keen to learn. He mentioned the fact that the older players like snoddy are giving him advice on how to improve.

I''m impressed.

[quote user="Wiz"]What a bargin...........I''ll give Hughton that one.[/quote]

That''s very generous of you.

Now give him credit for:a) Win against Arsenal at home.b) Win against United at home.c) Signing of Bassongd) Signing of Turnere) Signing of Fer

Or is that too hard for a Hugton hater such as yourself?