Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

just got back

not bad. buthowson needs a kick up the @r53johnsons not good enough and needs replacingsnoddy was poor but not as bad as what some people are making out on here, we do to go forward a bit quicker and put the ball in  a lot sooneranyone know whats going on with olsson ?peach of a goal though from redmond, elmander did ok, saints didnt really threaten too much, wish we had signed wanyama though hes exactly the player we need in front of the back 4, would allow fer and 1 other a little more freedom

i cant actually moan too much about hughton today he got it pretty spot on

mullins - nah there was quite a few other things like garrido being a bit average (alothough redmond does leave him exposed) and the fact we were a bit too happy to just try and hold onto to a 1 nil lead but ill not go on about that too much ;)

iron_stan wrote the following post at 31/08/2013 6:18 PM:

" ...wish we had signed wanyama though hes exactly the player we need in front of the back 4, would allow fer and 1 other a little more freedom..."

Wanyama was their worst player today.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Howson needs a kick up the arse? Why?

No idea if the rest of it made any more sense because I stopped reading it there.[/quote]he was poor, very lazy when he came on and didnt chase down

some of you lot are amazing. im not complaining outright, im just looking at individuals objectively

oooooooohh iits all good every single player was amazzzzzing because we won by 1 goal wooooooo''koff

This is unbelievable. Talk about a vendetta against Howson. He did fine and has been one of our better players this season.

Scapegoats abound with some people.IMO Garrido had a very good game today and Johno was immense alongside Fer.However feel free to criticise our players, you only make your arguments look weak.

[quote user="ricardo"]Scapegoats abound with some people.IMO Garrido had a very good game today and Johno was immense alongside Fer.However feel free to criticise our players, you only make your arguments look weak.[/quote]I made a point of watching Bradley today, knowing he had come in for criticism re his passing. I thought he had an excellent game.

with how son, because he was brought on when the tempo was quite high, I think he had trouble getting up to speed with the game....it happens.

Wanyama, although a good player, was terrible today; awful passing and kept giving away free kicks thankfully.

Genuinely struggling to think of anything Howson did wrong. Thought he was neat and tidy and got on the ball better than Elmander did. Personally think he''s a natural No.10

Really Stan ? Wanyama was pants, thank god we have Leroy. BJ''s distribution was its usual hit and miss but otherwise he was nails.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Genuinely struggling to think of anything Howson did wrong. Thought he was neat and tidy and got on the ball better than Elmander did. Personally think he''s a natural No.10[/quote]Its probably his best position, my only slight doubt would be physical size, I would prefer to see a taller player in the position, it just gives us an extra dimension. Obviously I am not advocating hoof, but I haven''t seen Ricky winning all that much in the air.

His goal against Everton was an outstanding leap, he''s excellent in the air!

Johnson had a good game, him and Fer will make a great partnership. Redmond was excellent, Bassong was class (two of him would be perfect), Ruddy was also as good as he''s always been. I just think we need to get that link from CAM to CF right and we''ll have a very good team who''s hard to beat. Might have a couple more players coming in as yet, so nothing to be down about after today. But I still think Ollson can do a better job at LB :P

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Apart from that goal, and that chance against Hull...[/quote]Am talking about winning the ball from goal kicks, knocking the ball down for players to run onto.

My thoughts, for what it''s worth-

Really good performance today against a good Southampton side, exactly what we needed after last weekend''s rubbish. Whittaker - Bassong - Turner is 3/4 of our strongest defence; haven''t seen Olsson enough (and strangely absent today) to make a call on which of he or Garrido will be our LB. The latter still had a good game, occasionally his stature seems to cause a few problems but he deals with it.

Fer and Johnson, wow. Jonno carrying on from his best last year but Fer steals the show; he''s every Etuhu was meant to be but never became with pace, power, passing, you name it. Add that to the pairs ability to dominate physically and we might be onto something here.

Snodgrass faded badly but that''s to be expected, he doesn''t look quite match fit. Redmond I can''t praise highly enough. There always seems to be a way through with the ball at his feet and that finish was scorching. When you remember that he''s only 19 you realise what a player this lad could become.

Elmander put a shift in and will no doubt grow into his role the more he plays, RvW active but body language suggests he''s a little frustrated with his lack of goalscoring opportunities. He''ll only benefit from the added competition after the international break with the return of Hooper.

Howson looked like he struggled to get up to pace. Almost every time he was called into action he was sprinting and it noticeably affected him (as it would almost any player).

A note on Southampton, they paid £12mil then £15mil for Wanyama and Osvaldo this summer and they''re either poo or we made them look that way. Wanyama seemed like a vastly overrated version of Johnson.

''johnsons not good enough and needs replacing''
In what way?  He made 5 tackles, and an interception. That makes him our joint second best defender against Southampton, so clearly he was doing his defensive duty. His passing accuracy was 77% and he attempted 48 passes, the most of any Norwich player. So, what I''m saying, is that not only did  he do the defensive work we associate with him, his most maligned attribute (his passing) was incredibly good. By every statistical measure Johnson had a good game. I also thought he played very well, though what that is worth to you I''m not sure.

Phillip J Fry wrote the following post at 31/08/2013 7:44 PM:

"...his most maligned attribute (his passing) was incredibly good."

Got to disagree there. His passing is nowhere as bad as his shooting at goal.