Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Leroy Fer - the best Norwich midfielder since...

Absolutely superb display from Fer again today. Some of the tackles he made were incredible and he can pass the ball as well as any other player in the team.

Nice to be talking about the positives this week. Thought he was class. He can do all what is asked of him, well. Most impressed. And a class cross field pass for Redmond.

Was great today, funny I never really fancied us in 50-50 ball situations but he dominated the centre of the park wining some that didn''t look like he had any right to! made the fee for Wayanaman look a bit of a joke, and out shone him with distribution.

Much like Bassong and Ruddy he''s going to become someone the starting 11 is going to be built around each week.

Agreed, man of the match today for me. Absolutely bossed the midfield with some incredible tackles, really hope after that performance that we don''t see him in the hole again as he''s wasted there.

Leroy was three times the player Victor Wanayama was today and he cost a third of the price!

He''s gonna be some player.

The potential we have in this squad is outstanding!

Brilliant performance from Leroy today. How he got legs to some of those balls to win tackles that seemed to be long gone. You would have thought yellow card imminent and up he gets and runs off with the ball leaving so''ton players completely bemused. Great vision and distribution too. 10/10 young man.

[quote user="Herman "]Cheapskate![/quote]Lol, rumbled.52 quid for a shirt with his name on, or 62 if I wanted Rickys.

My MotM as well. Bossed the midfield all day. The one time he lost the ball he chased the player down and took it off him again. His passing was excellent as well and he gets forward very usefully to support the strikers. 10/10!

He was a complete beast today.

Just so impressive in all areas, shame we haven''t got 2 of him, but that would be greedy!

Fer was excellent. The role he played IMO suites him much better than the CAM role. He is more of a ''presence'' there and an all rounded midfielder who is box to box, can win balls (tackles or headers) and can pick/spray passes. I''m looking forward to seeing him get better with every game.

I was surprised MOTD didn''t make more of his pass for the goal. Across the field taking the ball beyond the Saints midfield. Straight to Redmond''s chest and immediately playable.

Best pass since Chippy left. Just glorious.

Cambridge,I am all for MOTD not noticing any of our players. The pass was good, but not that good, which just goes to show you hopw starved we have been. Let''s hope that we can find another Fer before tomorrow, because one is not going to be enough across a long hard season, and tough tackling midfielders are more prone to picking up knocks.

[quote user="alartz"]Yes I agree. Best we get use to him until January. When the big teams come knocking along with ruddy.[/quote]

In the bad old days - maybe.

But absolutely no chance these days - DMcN & CH are building towards an established PL team - what incentive would it provide prospective targets if we are seen to be selling our best players??