Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Four in Three

Ok so we have four points after three games, who would not have taken that.

OTBC

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Cant help thinking though, if we had actually played well vs Hull and won we would be joing top with the Russians ;)[/quote]If we''d have scored 1 more or conceded 1 less against Everton as well we''d be top! [:''(]

Honestly thought we would have 7 from 3 but am happy with 4.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Cant help thinking though, if we had actually played well vs Hull and won we would be joing top with the Russians ;)
[/quote]

If we''d have scored 1 more or conceded 1 less against Everton as well we''d be top! [:''(]
[/quote]

If... such a big word

I had Everton 2 Norwich 1 (we always start a season poorly)Hull 1 Norwich 1 (Thought Hull would be up for it - first game at home and all)Norwich 1 Southampton 1Spurs 1 Norwich 1 was my next prediction.

So quite happy !

Spurs 1 Norwich 1 was my next prediction.

That would do nicely.

Last time I went saw Benno score a cracker, maybe young Redmond will do it for us this time!

They have a good squad now but Bale did used to dig them out of a hole, as he did at CR not too long ago. Interesting to see how they can respond without him when they''re under a bit of pressure, looks like we''re just about to find out at the Emirates.

4/6 points at home.

0/3 points away from home.

I can see where we will get the points this year.

Also 1 lost in the last 11 at home.

Why can''t we have the same attitude away from home mr houghton?!

With the squad he now has you might see things change away from home as well, bloomin hope so anyway.

I also just noticed we''re only a point from the relegation slots.Too early to push the panic button?

[quote user="alartz"]4/6 points at home.

0/3 points away from home.

I can see where we will get the points this year.

Also 1 lost in the last 11 at home.

Why can''t we have the same attitude away from home mr houghton?![/quote]
Our away fixtures look really daunting compared to our home fixtures, we really need to make Carrow Road our fortress and captilise on our home form. 
Next 6 Away Games
Tottenham
Stoke
Arsenal
Man City
Newcastle
Liverpool
Next 6 Home Games
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Cardiff
West Ham
Crystal Palace
Swansea
I''m actually glad that we have hit the ground running at home because I really can''t see us getting an away win from the next six away fixtures. Stoke and Newcastle are both winnable but think I''d take 3 points from those games.
At home however I think we have enough to take points from all those games, be very disappointing if we don''t come out of those 6 fixtures with 12 points.
But a relatively easy first half of the season at home, and relatively difficult first half of the season away from home, means that really we both need to ensure that we keep picking up home wins and that our away form can improve enough to capitalise when the home games get much harder. 

References back to past early season form has got me thinking. 
When did Norwich last win a premiership game in August?
Have not done the research so do not know the answer, but it has got to be a generation ago!
OTBC

Looking at my pre-season predictions list I see we are a point behind, so not too bad. I had the Everton and Saints results correct but was expecting a point at Hull.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="alartz"]4/6 points at home. 0/3 points away from home. I can see where we will get the points this year. Also 1 lost in the last 11 at home. Why can''t we have the same attitude away from home mr houghton?![/quote]

Our away fixtures look really daunting compared to our home fixtures, we really need to make Carrow Road our fortress and captilise on our home form. 

Next 6 Away Games

Tottenham

Stoke

Arsenal

Man City

Newcastle

Liverpool

Next 6 Home Games

Aston Villa

Chelsea

Cardiff

West Ham

Crystal Palace

Swansea

I''m actually glad that we have hit the ground running at home because I really can''t see us getting an away win from the next six away fixtures. Stoke and Newcastle are both winnable but think I''d take 3 points from those games.

At home however I think we have enough to take points from all those games, be very disappointing if we don''t come out of those 6 fixtures with 12 points.

But a relatively easy first half of the season at home, and relatively difficult first half of the season away from home, means that really we both need to ensure that we keep picking up home wins and that our away form can improve enough to capitalise when the home games get much harder. 

[/quote]

We''d have to win one to get 3 points from the two....

Wouldn''t we[:^)]

27th August 1994

1-0 v West Ham, Mark Robbins scored

And we were relegated at the end of the season.

[quote user="Bob W"]27th August 1994

1-0 v West Ham, Mark Robbins scored

And we were relegated at the end of the season.[/quote]
Cheers Bob W, but lets not talk about relegation omens Eh.

Ricardo,Out of interest - how far in to the season does your forecast go. Do you have a target in mind yet for the end of season and do you factor in the form of other teams - like WBA''s seeming inability to score.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Ricardo,

Out of interest - how far in to the season does your forecast go. Do you have a target in mind yet for the end of season and do you factor in the form of other teams - like WBA''s seeming inability to score.
[/quote]

I think they''re still on the beach...

They''ll be ok again when the tide comes in.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Ricardo,Out of interest - how far in to the season does your forecast go. Do you have a target in mind yet for the end of season and do you factor in the form of other teams - like WBA''s seeming inability to score.[/quote]It goes all the way mate. I always do the complete BBC predictor before the season starts. Inevitably it will be a bit hit and miss because you can''t take into consideration any likely moves during the August window. However I was pretty close last season being only 1 point out on our final total. My only real errors were over estimating QPR and under estimating West Ham and Swansea.This season I have Man U, Chelsea and Man C as my top 3 and W Ham, Hull and Palace for the drop and WBA just scraping clear. We finish 11th on 45 points and again I see a whole cluster of clubs between 8th and 16th separated by only a few points.Its a bit simplistic I know but I fill in the correct results as they happen and it gives you a decent handle on how the season is going versus your expectation. It was very useful last year and was one of the reasons why I never panicked because we were never more than 4 points plus or minus away from my accumulative points total.

Ricardo,You and I are not too far apart in views about this at all. I think last season''s pattern of a blanket finish between 8th and 17th is likely to be a regular occurence. Yesterday''s game showed me that there is very little difference bewteen mid table teams, which was furtehr evidenced by all the 1-0 results yesterday. It looks like a lot fo teams are playing the same 4-2-3-1 formations and that things could be tight. I would bite your hand off now for another 11th place which buys another year to gradulaly improve the squad.