Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Q P Fing R

On TV again?!Think that''s the 3rd week runningActually ridiculous.Apart from the East Anglian Derby I can''t even remember when we were on TV during the championship

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]On TV again?!Think that''s the 3rd week runningActually ridiculous.Apart from the East Anglian Derby I can''t even remember when we were on TV during the championship

[/quote]

Why care? But off the top of my head was not the 3-3 draw at READING on TV? The 2-1 win against Forest? The 1-0 at Portsmouth?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]On TV again?!Think that''s the 3rd week runningActually ridiculous.Apart from the East Anglian Derby I can''t even remember when we were on TV during the championship

[/quote]

Why care? But off the top of my head was not the 3-3 draw at READING on TV? The 2-1 win against Forest? The 1-0 at Portsmouth?

[/quote]I care because the Championship, although I don''t want us anywhere near that league, is slowly being corrupted by the money game. I love the championship as a spectator. Unpredictable, physical and extremely hard to get out of.

Opening night against Watford

Reading away

Ipswich on BBC

Bristol City Home

Swansea Away

Forest Home

and Portsmouth away

Worth noting this is also Leeds''s second game on here in 2 weeks

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I care because the Championship, although I don''t want us anywhere near that league, is slowly being corrupted by the money game. I love the championship as a spectator. Unpredictable, physical and extremely hard to get out of.

[/quote]

I have no idea what this reply means. We were televised seven times in 2010-11; that wasn''t part of this supposed corruption of the Championship, but QPR being televised is? If the Championship is being corrupted it is by the divide between the clubs with Premier League parachute payments and those without and those with rich owners and those without. The TV money is small beer by comparison...

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]On TV again?!

Think that''s the 3rd week running

Actually ridiculous.

Apart from the East Anglian Derby I can''t even remember when we were on TV during the championship

[/quote]

Happy to report that Norwich are on television every week here.

...and the switch from Fox to NBC reduced my cable bill by $40 per month. So city get more TV Money, I pay less and get every City game live....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Actually ridiculous.

Apart from the East Anglian Derby I can''t even remember when we were on TV during the championship

[/quote]

[/quote]

NBC Live Extra doesn''t really count does it? They haven''t had a Norwich game on NBC or NBC Sorts yet.

[/quote]TV editors seem to think similarly everyewhere. They pick the "big" established teams. Over here my sports channel that bought EPL rights shows 5-6 games live every week, but no City game has picked by them this season (so instead of HD I must watch dodgy streams.) They only pick City agaisnt the big four, whose games they show every week, or when our match clashes with no other fixtures due to Sky. My only hope is that some day City signs a Hungary internationial, which would probably change the pattern.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Actually ridiculous.

[/quote]

[/quote] NBC Live Extra doesn''t really count does it? They haven''t had a Norwich game on NBC or NBC Sorts yet.[/quote]

Portland, surely all that counts is whether we get to see every Norwich game.....or not. In my case, I do. I am not paying extra for it beyond what I paid last year for Fox Sports.

Where did they hide today''s Swansea game?

This NBC coverage is weak. Ok the games are live but that means you can''t see as many because they don''t replay them. I much prefer being able to watch various games while staying off line so I ca also see the Norwich game as if it is live.

Granted, they didn''t show all the games but NBC has almost nothing beyond the games. Game over, off the air. And Fox no longer has the highlights shows so ovrrall our coverage is much less than ladt year.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Where did they hide today''s Swansea game? This NBC coverage is weak. Ok the games are live but that means you can''t see as many because they don''t replay them. I much prefer being able to watch various games while staying off line so I ca also see the Norwich game as if it is live. Granted, they didn''t show all the games but NBC has almost nothing beyond the games. Game over, off the air. And Fox no longer has the highlights shows so ovrrall our coverage is much less than ladt year.[/quote]

Houston, I understand the points you''re making and, I suppose, it comes down to personal choice. I can tape some of the other games if I chose to but I don''t because being able to see 5 or 6 matches a week is more than enough, particularly because I can always see the Norwich game live every week.

FYI, I''m not sure what your cable provider includes but, in my case ( my provider is a company called CableVision ), there are two channels provided by NBC. These are both utilized on the three live Saturday matches ( UK ko times of 12.45 p.m. for the first game and then 3.pm and 5.30 p.m. ) The remaining fixtures for Saturday are also shown live on NBC LIve Extra for the 3 p.m. UK matches, which Portland pointed out on this thread. In my case I do not pay any extra for that coverage. In other words, all the Saturday games are shown live. The two basic NBC channels also show live any Sunday/Monday matches.

Same for me. I have it on NBC and NBC Sports. It''s better coverage than Fox Soccer, and certainly better original content. I just don''t like having to stream games live. I''ve had to wake up at the crack of dawn every Saturday for the last three weeks to watch Norwich because I can''t DVR it. It''s free, so that''s a tick in the plus column. I don''t like having to hook up my PC to my TV every morning to watch it though.

Another big plus, no more Ian Drake commentary. That man is intolerable.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Same for me. I have it on NBC and NBC Sports. It''s better coverage than Fox Soccer, and certainly better original content. I just don''t like having to stream games live. I''ve had to wake up at the crack of dawn every Saturday for the last three weeks to watch Norwich because I can''t DVR it. It''s free, so that''s a tick in the plus column. I don''t like having to hook up my PC to my TV every morning to watch it though. Another big plus, no more Ian Drake commentary. That man is intolerable.[/quote]

Don''t understand that "crack of dawn" comment Portland. By that time of day around here the chickens have been fed and engaged in their extra curricular activity and the lady next door has already had the milkman in for a frolic around the house, a quick shower and he''s on his way. [:D]