Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, Overpaid and Over Here!

Bid for Pilkington rejected..

He had a pretty good game in the cup, I''m looking forward to having him back fully fit, and wouldn''t want to lose him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote]

Harsh. Snoddy is very valuable for us. Geynerally injury free and full of energy from the 1st minute to the last. Something that cannot be said of Pilkington.

Despite the potential it''s not really happens for pilks. The odd game and run of form but far too inconsistent.[/quote]

For someone who thinks so highly of Wes Hoolahan, Im bemused that you think it ''hasnt happened for Pilks''[/quote]

Loling all over the place! Are you saying wes hasn''t been a success at Norwich! Cd you need to take those anti hoolahan specs off. Regardless of how much wes divides supporter opinion I think 99% will agree he has been a success here.[/quote]

I think 100% would agree ''it has happened'' for Pilks

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote]

Harsh. Snoddy is very valuable for us. Geynerally injury free and full of energy from the 1st minute to the last. Something that cannot be said of Pilkington.

Despite the potential it''s not really happens for pilks. The odd game and run of form but far too inconsistent.[/quote]

For someone who thinks so highly of Wes Hoolahan, Im bemused that you think it ''hasnt happened for Pilks''[/quote]

Loling all over the place! Are you saying wes hasn''t been a success at Norwich! Cd you need to take those anti hoolahan specs off. Regardless of how much wes divides supporter opinion I think 99% will agree he has been a success here.[/quote]

I think 100% would agree ''it has happened'' for Pilks

I would miss Pilks, he''s quality!If its Liverpool though, maybe they can put in a stupidly overpriced offer like they always do for him.

I have clashed unfairly with Mr Mullins over Hoolahan in the past, although a fan of Hoolahan he is limited.

But as regards Pilks when he is on form he is a class above Bennett or Snodgrass so he would be a big loss.

I think most people will agree with Mr Mullins and rightly so, cant afford to lose Pilks

How much are we talking? We have redmond and Olsson that can play there. If we got like £12m then you would have to think about it!

Food for thought... I don''t know how strong he is though for some of the physical battles in the centre. It''d be great to give him a go one game.

He''s just tweeted a photo of his passport saying he''s off to join the Irish squad at long last. So, either a diversionary tactic, or if a deal is going to be done it''s going to have to be done with him at the Irish squad''s hotel.

It would seem that Liverpool were after a winger - but it looks as though the loan for Moses is close to a done deal. (BBC reporting as such)
Possibly they did enquire, got rebuffed and moved on to pastures new.
Would hate to see Pilks go, but much more relaxed on this story now that the Moses deal looks to be going through.

Moses was in the crowd for the Liverpool game today - source Sky Sports cameraman as the game was being played.

On his day Pilks is our best winger and packs a powerful shot. Unfortunately for me he plays in fits and starts and has too many periods of being anonymous - particularly in the second half. Does not possess anything like the workrate of Snodgrass - but would accept a player cannot be perfection at everything.

I do not really see him improving further and has fairly frequent minor injury problems. I would let him go for say £6 million plus.

This is exactly how I see it too!

On his day he is unplayable.  Only happens in a few games a season though and often he is good in fits and starts only and can fade for large parts of the game.  Not sure I want to sell him though.

I think he has been playing with an injury for some time Muddy, when he is fully fit I recon he will be more consistent and back to his best.

don''t think this one has any legs given Benno''s injury. would take 8+ mil for him and wouldn''t be gutted to see him go, but that said he is a valuable player for us.

and whoever said Snodgrass has no end product is an absolute chump.