Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, Overpaid and Over Here!

Bid for Pilkington rejected..

From the rumour this was the one I thought it would be.

Pilks had a horrendous injury before he joined and last season he was out with an injury for a fair share.

All depends if a replacement could come in, don''t think it is possible... If capel is a player that is available and maybe tempted for the prem he could work as he knows rvw''s abilities and buying former teammates does work.

I don''t think he will move on but I did think if his season this year is slow then I would look at another wide player next summer.

But I think he has this season, we''ll see I don''t mind players moving on whom we have come up the leagues with if they stall in improvement and we bring in better. Certainly if they can bring in some good money it''s good.

But don''t think that is the area we will look at yet, depends if pilky wants to push something through.

Pilks fit should be a guaranteed starter here - top quality passer, genuinely two footed and as other have said I too would be gutted if he left.

Beyond possibly Fer is our best midfielder

I can''t really see us selling him though, hence why any bid has been rejected. We''re already short due to Benno being out and he''s still arguably one of our best players.

Would want a large figure and perhaps an equal replacement...

Would have agreed Pilks one of first on team sheet but he is going to have one hell of a job getting the starting spot off Redmond

Unbelievably could be better targeting snod grass!!

Great to see genuine competition for places

Would also be gutted if Pilks left. Think he''s going to have a job on his hands with Redmond coming in, but we''d be down to two wide players if he left. Stoke were linked for 5m in the summer and I thought Pah! Double it and there might be interest. I love Pilks, please dont go! Or you Ruddy while we''re at it...

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote]

Harsh. Snoddy is very valuable for us. Generally injury free and full of energy from the 1st minute to the last. Something that cannot be said of Pilkington.

Despite the potential it''s not really happens for pilks. The odd game and run of form but far too inconsistent.

With that feckin beard he can go and be quaker, didn''t recognise him when he was warming up!

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote]Our second top scorer and provider of most assists last season has ''no end product''?

No way do we want to lose Pilks. He''s head and shoulders our best winger. Two footed, and a far better end product than either Snodgrass or Redmond.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote]

Harsh. Snoddy is very valuable for us. Geynerally injury free and full of energy from the 1st minute to the last. Something that cannot be said of Pilkington.

Despite the potential it''s not really happens for pilks. The odd game and run of form but far too inconsistent.[/quote]

For someone who thinks so highly of Wes Hoolahan, Im bemused that you think it ''hasnt happened for Pilks''

This isnt what the other thread was about, that was Ruddy to Arsenal.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]I don''t rate Snodgrass, lots of hard work for no end product... ever.

Harsh. Snoddy is very valuable for us. Geynerally injury free and full of energy from the 1st minute to the last. Something that cannot be said of Pilkington.

Despite the potential it''s not really happens for pilks. The odd game and run of form but far too inconsistent.[/quote]

For someone who thinks so highly of Wes Hoolahan, Im bemused that you think it ''hasnt happened for Pilks''[/quote]

Loling all over the place! Are you saying wes hasn''t been a success at Norwich! Cd you need to take those anti hoolahan specs off. Regardless of how much wes divides supporter opinion I think 99% will agree he has been a success here.

Can Redmond play on the right? If that''s possible with Pilks on the left then its tasty![/quote][url=http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013]26th position, 6 goals, 6 assists[/url]. Care to take back that "no end product... ever" remark?