Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Spurs

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]They are absolutely useless in the final 3rdWe have a good record against themCan see us picking up a draw easily.[/quote]Oh I assumed "There for the taking" meant we''d beat them.Yeah, a draw isn''t too unrealistic.

Would rather have played them pre international break as all the new players will be available for them. They do seem to struggle breaking down organised defences though.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]They are absolutely useless in the final 3rdWe have a good record against themCan see us picking up a draw easily.[/quote]Oh I assumed "There for the taking" meant we''d beat them.Yeah, a draw isn''t too unrealistic.[/quote]Yeah I meant points as in 1 or 3 not just 3 !

We are playing them at the right time, and we did well against them last season, but I''d be very happy with 1 point and this is one of those games where you would probably accept a scrappy / disjointed performance if it meant coming away undefeated. Especially as we also have Man City and Arsenal away to come.
Sooner we get a point and score a goal on the road the better. 

although points are what matter, I think at this stage of the season as well as playing spurs away, I think the performance is really important.

[quote user="ricardo"]They outplayed Arsenal at times. Any points from WH Lane will be hard earned IMO.[/quote]
The voice of realism as always Ricardo [Y]

They may have outplayed spurs in Midfield, but in the final third they were dreadfulTheir balls into the box were a jokeAlso seems Capoue, who I thought was one of the best players on the pitch, has suffered a big injury

If we play at our best and try to be less negative than we were at Hull then we can get a decent result at Spurs!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

We seem to have a decent record at WHL, so who knows......

[/quote]Even though we will be playing a totally different team there this season[;)]

A point at WHL would be an excellent result and let''s hope they are still mis-firing when we go there. They were slow getting into their stride and when they did they were difficult to live with at times. 

Won''t ba an easy game, but I''m confident a point is there fot the taking if we get all our players back fit from the international break.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Mad isn''t it. Here we are talking about getting points off SpursFew years back we couldn''t even afford the team plane to White Hart Lane[/quote]I still think a few people get a bit ahead of ourselves sometimes though.People have been spoiled, which is why when we fall, some people fall hard.

I dare say we have a lot of supporters who joined during Lambert''s reignNot having a go at these people, but you are naturally gonna get those who become interested because of the Premier League

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]I dare say we have a lot of supporters who joined during Lambert''s reignNot having a go at these people, but you are naturally gonna get those who become interested because of the Premier League

[/quote]Oh I agree. Which is why some of us that have been doing it a bit longer are a little more conservative in their expectations.Not saying any of us know better, but we have been around when we have been really, really bad. And also really very good, then suddenly awful.