Sign in to follow this  
PortlandCanary

Liverpool?

Could they be the team on top this year? I''m starting to think they could pull off a real coupe. Beating MU today, three clean sheets, a settled manager and Suarez hasn''t even laced his boots yet. United, Chelsea and City might not be the only favorites now.

Thoughts?

(FWIW, I''m not a Liverpool supporter. I do respect them though.)

No, they were very fortunate to win today and won''t be able to play well consistently enough to get into the top 4 yet alone challenge for the title. I agree with Morty, 5th at best.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]No, they were very fortunate to win today and won''t be able to play well consistently enough to get into the top 4 yet alone challenge for the title. I agree with Morty, 5th at best.[/quote]Maybe 6th if Tottingham Hotspuds get their act together.

Don''t see why not - I really don''t think there''s that much difference between the ''top 6'' sides or so, and Liverpool are in that bracket albeit bottom end. Injuries, or lack of, will play a massive part in deciding the title this year. Ever since we nearly won the Premier League 20 odd years ago, I''ve always thought it unwise to rule anyone out of the title race mid table upwards. Liverpool have every chance.

4th at best, although yes they are very much "on the up" and a team like Liverpool would take 4th every year. 
Arsenal the casualties who will be 5th or 6th, Everton to drop out of the top 6.
Arsenal and Spurs to be constantly looking over their shoulders at......... Aston Villa (controversial call?). 

I suppose Liverpool haven''t got the distraction of European competition but I still think they''ll find it hard to finish ahead of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham.

They might get in the top 4 or 5 but I''d e very surprised to see them in the top 3 at the end of the season.

Liverpool will stumble under their own feet, more so when their big ego in Suarez returns. 6th, as Everton will struggle with the Spaniard, other teams far stronger in Man U, Man C, Chelski, Spurs and Arsenal.

17th to 7th places to watch but think myself there could be a divide there come the half way point.