Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Players out?

Of course naturally we''re all very excited about the possibility of more players coming in, but is nobody else concerned of the risk we may see one or two of our best players leave? Ruddy and Pilkington must surely be on a few clubs radars. Am just really hoping we don''t get any nasty surprises later...

Ruddy would be a devestating blow, but it seems Arsenal (his only really likely destination now) have gone for Vivano, the Italy keeper.

Pilks would be a loss, but we could cover that. If we got something daft like £10m, i''d be okay with that.

I''d agree with that, Jimmy. I think Bunn did really well when he came in for us last season, but Ruddy has that extra special something about him and it was surely no coincidence that we had a dip in form when he was out of the side, and consequently improved when he came back - he seems very motivational for the players in front of him. Ruddy is very much the one I fear us losing today, I just have a bad feeling about it. Fingers crossed I''ve got it wrong.

one thing for sure, it would take a lot of money to buy one of our top players at the moment. Mainly because it is the last day of transfers and two because we are not in debt so we do not really "need" to sell anyone to balance the books. If anyone came in for Pilks id say £15mil and he is yours and £20mil for Ruddy, they''d either say sod you and if not we''d be quids in but Ruddy is defiantly someone we do not want to see go or we could screw ourselves. 

Bunn is a good keeper. Ruddy is a great keeper. The difference is about a goal a game. At this level that equates to lots of points. Ruddy leaving would be a disaster and not because Bunn is poor.

I don''t think we will be selling any of our top players.  We simply don''t have to. I don''t think that any would want to leave, either.    There is something special going on right now at Norwich and any decent player would want to be part of it. However, if some of the fringe players want first team football, you could forgive them for wanting to go somewhere to play regularly, or you could understand the club wanting to sell one or two of them to make room for upgrades to come in.

I agree that we''re creating something special at NCFC, LDC, but I''m not so sure I''d agree that none of the players wouldn''t want to move should the promise of immediate European football + bigger wages etc be in the offing. The risk of bids for our best players, and the player demanding that transfer, is a very real threat. Would like to think when everythings weighed up though, that they can see what a good thing we''re building here at NCFC. Guess we''ll know by the early hours of the morning - fingers crossed!

There could be offers for Becchio or Fox. Would we like to gain some cash, if it is offered, given that they are possibly unlikely to be available through exclusion from the 25. Of course the squad has lost one member, sadly, with the injury to Benno.

As I understand it, if we wish to make loans, there will be a later opportunity for this, and no action need be taken at the moment.

I dont think there have been any changes to the loan rules - we still need to complete all signings from other clubs - permanent or loan - by 11 tonight.  Its only Championship teams and below that can make loans between monday week and the Jan window.

The only exceptions are players who are not currently signed to a club,  and then they can only be used IF there are not already 25 named players in the squad - stoke signing Owen last season being an example