Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Redmond for England?

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere

Anybody think Redmond is doing better than some of these players?

For me he has done better than Sterling and Townsend, he deserved the call up for the next game.

Better luck next time? Opinions?

Wasn''t there issue with players effectively being "poached" from the under 21''s?If I''m honest, you could be getting carried away. If he has a good season this time, maybe, but full international?Nah.

I don''t think he should even be talked about for England at the moment.

On a side note, how bad is the midfield in this England squad.

If he keeps up his currenty form then definitely towards the end of the season, but not now. It''s way to soon to promote a player after three games in the top tier. Plus he''s only just got into the England U21''s. What is it, 5 games played? Give him a few more.

Sterling and Townsend both have some good Premier League experience now so deserve a shot.

Agree with all that. Aren''t we in danger of getting a bit carried away by this Redmond business ? He''s certainly a great talent, but has loads to learn. Not ready for international duty, surely, after 3 PL games ?

His time will come if he continues to progress like this.

When he starts to look up and select the right option abit more at the end of all the things he''s obviously brilliant at then yes I''d say he''s good enough on what I''ve seen so far.

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere

Anybody think Redmond is doing better than some of these players?

For me he has done better than Sterling and Townsend, he deserved the call up for the next game.

Better luck next time? Opinions?

Townsend was was outstanding at the end of last season, and has started this season very well,I think its fair that he is infront of Redmond